Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’s a massive move from Donald 01:24 - Mar 12 with 5470 viewsSitfcB

All flights from Europe into the US banned for 30 days.

UK excluded, for now.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 1:27]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That’s a massive move from Donald on 01:33 - Mar 12 with 4301 viewsbaxterbasics

Yup. Reading it includes cargo too but haven’t confirmed.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:27 - Mar 12 with 4072 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see Donald not playing politics with this!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

He is just such a contradiction of lies on 07:36 - Mar 12 with 4040 viewsunstableblue

Only a few days he was calling Covid-19 a media hoax, and giving his own expert advise that it was less concerning than winter flu, whilst giving out no advice on hand washing etc

He ranted at the media for contradicting him, he pushed for his big rallies to go ahead, he used it to promote his wall agenda for southern border migration, despite Mexico having low contagion

All through a fear of losing votes and dropping markets....

Now he’s done a 360.... he is such a dangerous loathsome idiot....

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:38 - Mar 12 with 4041 viewsOldsmoker

Just 2 days ago Trump was saying that his wall would keep the virus out.
Imagine trying to scale a wall when you don't feel well.
Has he at last understood that most immigrants come for a short stay to the USA, via normal entry ports, and then just don't go home.
He didn't clarify in his oval office speech that US citizens are not going to be stopped from entering the US just furriners. That caused a lot of travellers to cancel trips to Europe thinking they wouldn't get back.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:38 - Mar 12 with 4037 viewsAlan_Handsome

Does this not mean that England will just be used as one massive departure lounge, for anyone in mainland europe wishing to travel to America?

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

He is just such a contradiction of lies on 07:43 - Mar 12 with 4020 viewsdavblue

He is just such a contradiction of lies on 07:36 - Mar 12 by unstableblue

Only a few days he was calling Covid-19 a media hoax, and giving his own expert advise that it was less concerning than winter flu, whilst giving out no advice on hand washing etc

He ranted at the media for contradicting him, he pushed for his big rallies to go ahead, he used it to promote his wall agenda for southern border migration, despite Mexico having low contagion

All through a fear of losing votes and dropping markets....

Now he’s done a 360.... he is such a dangerous loathsome idiot....

Hes one of the biggest prats around. I do t know how he can go out a say these things in front of cameras and not bat an eyelid.
That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:44 - Mar 12 with 4007 viewsDanTheMan

I don't get why we are excluded.

He's saying that countries in the Schengen area aren't taking it seriously but some of their measures are way more severe than what we're doing.

Such a strange time to being playing politics.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:51 - Mar 12 with 3978 viewsOldsmoker

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:38 - Mar 12 by Alan_Handsome

Does this not mean that England will just be used as one massive departure lounge, for anyone in mainland europe wishing to travel to America?

Heathrow is the main European Hub. A lot of passengers will fly to Heathrow and then catch a plane to the USA.
However, Trump did not make it clear what he meant by his statement and that is why you have asked your question along with the World press.
Every statement he makes, the White House have to trot out a Talking head to say what he really meant. Trump sometimes issues a second statement criticising and contradicting the clarification so its no surprise most people get confused.
If Trump asked me what he should do about the Coronavirus I would tell him to throw his phone away and STFU.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:33 - Mar 12 with 3910 viewsJ2BLUE

That’s a massive move from Donald on 07:44 - Mar 12 by DanTheMan

He's saying that countries in the Schengen area aren't taking it seriously but some of their measures are way more severe than what we're doing.

Isn’t it our media spinning it? He’s banned flights from mainland Europe. So the likes of Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc are ok too?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:36 - Mar 12 with 3898 viewsPinewoodblue

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:33 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

Isn’t it our media spinning it? He’s banned flights from mainland Europe. So the likes of Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc are ok too?

Geography isn’t your strongest subject is it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:47 - Mar 12 with 3863 viewsStokieBlue

It's purely political.

There can be no scientific justification for excluding the UK and I say that someone who was hoping to go to the US in a few weeks but accepts that is hugely unlikely now.

His reasoning that the EU hasn't done enough to combat C-19 is ridiculous. They have been far more draconian than the UK in their measures.

Donald gonna Donald I guess.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:52 - Mar 12 with 3839 viewsGuthrum

It's strange, except in Trump World, where everything's a game with few consequences.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:53 - Mar 12 with 3828 viewsGuthrum

Covers everyone who's been in the excluded zone over the preceding 14 days. They'd need a fortnight's holiday in the UK before boarding their flight.

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:57 - Mar 12 with 3810 viewsSwansea_Blue

You've answered your own question - it's political. I suppose there's also a chance of sheer ignorance and stupidity, but he must have people in the White House who know what measures different countries are putting in place, Shirley.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 3792 viewsvapour_trail

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:52 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

It's strange, except in Trump World, where everything's a game with few consequences.

See also, Johnson World.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:10 - Mar 12 with 3758 viewsStokieBlue

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:01 - Mar 12 by vapour_trail

See also, Johnson World.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Boris is a plonker and not suitable for high office but the Donald is on another level.

Watch this - especially the bit where Trump repeatedly asks if a flu vaccine will work on C-19. This is what we are dealing with:

https://mobile.twitter.com/owillis/status/1234607697540063234

SB
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 9:10]

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:12 - Mar 12 with 3742 viewsmonytowbray

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:47 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

It's purely political.

There can be no scientific justification for excluding the UK and I say that someone who was hoping to go to the US in a few weeks but accepts that is hugely unlikely now.

His reasoning that the EU hasn't done enough to combat C-19 is ridiculous. They have been far more draconian than the UK in their measures.

SB

I'm meant to go to NY in June and I'm already 700 quid in the hole for flights and accommodation.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:15 - Mar 12 with 3719 viewsGuthrum

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:01 - Mar 12 by vapour_trail

See also, Johnson World.

Tho Johnson is, at least, seemingly following the direction of his senior medical advisers.

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:16 - Mar 12 with 3714 viewsStokieBlue

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:12 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

I'm meant to go to NY in June and I'm already 700 quid in the hole for flights and accommodation.

You'll get that back if it's a government issued travel ban or warning. Assuming you have travel insurance of course.

Even if you don't, you'll get the flight back if it's government advice.

SB

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:58 - Mar 12 with 3631 viewsPinewoodblue

That’s a massive move from Donald on 09:12 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

Virgin Atlantic are allowing you to cancel, they credit your account but any replacement flight must be no later than September,

I’m supposed to fly to Miami two weeks today. Fingers crossed that ban is extended before then so can claim on Travel Insurance. Will max out on cancellation charges, full £6,000. Flight, pre cruise hotel etc, all booked independently.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That’s a massive move from Donald on 10:36 - Mar 12 with 3569 viewsghostofescobar

He really is an idiot: not many people are travelling anyway, but if they are desperate to travel , just hop on the Channel tunnel train or get a connecting flight to Heathrow, then it's USA here we come!!

GhostOfEscobar

That’s a massive move from Donald on 10:58 - Mar 12 with 3533 viewsHogger

UK and Ireland have Trump hotels and golf coruses
That’s a massive move from Donald on 11:21 - Mar 12 with 3500 viewsjeera

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:47 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

It's purely political.

SB

They've probably been too busy raking their forests to do much about the current cold going about.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That’s a massive move from Donald on 12:49 - Mar 12 with 3350 viewsfloridaboy

The simple answer is no!

To get into the US you need either an ESTA or a visa. Both require an answer to the question 'country of origin'. Also passport has nationality printed in it.

Anyone from mainland Europe who does get onto US soil will be refused entry and sent back to their own country..
That’s a massive move from Donald on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 3293 viewsJ2BLUE

That’s a massive move from Donald on 08:36 - Mar 12 by Pinewoodblue

Geography isn’t your strongest subject is it?

Clearly not, although a quick google suggests it's not actually that stupid a point.

'Especially in Germanic studies, continental refers to the European continent excluding the Scandinavian peninsula, Britain, Ireland, and Iceland. The reason for this is that although the Scandinavian peninsula is attached to continental Europe, and accessible via a land route along the 66th parallel north, it is usually reached by sea. '

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024