Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) 01:28 - Mar 12 with 2756 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 01:45 - Mar 12 with 2268 viewsIllinoisblue

And the NBA suspends its season. This is mental

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:20 - Mar 12 with 2243 viewsSWGF

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 01:45 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

And the NBA suspends its season. This is mental

As soon as a footballer in England gets it, they could well cancel the season. There'd be no way of knowing when it could restart. Then what do they do? Everyone keeps their current league position?

Or, as has been mooted, nothing happens. They simply start again in August as if nothing happened in 2019/20. Liverpool don't win the league, Leeds don't get promoted, Nodge don't get relegated...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:49 - Mar 12 with 2227 viewsSitfcB

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:20 - Mar 12 by SWGF

As soon as a footballer in England gets it, they could well cancel the season. There'd be no way of knowing when it could restart. Then what do they do? Everyone keeps their current league position?

Or, as has been mooted, nothing happens. They simply start again in August as if nothing happened in 2019/20. Liverpool don't win the league, Leeds don't get promoted, Nodge don't get relegated...

Going to be all behind closed doors apparently, many media outlets reporting the fact.

COYB

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:51 - Mar 12 with 2230 viewsIllinoisblue

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:20 - Mar 12 by SWGF

So many decisions to make. Unprecedented is putting it mildly. Obviously sport is not really that important, but can you imagine the outcry from scousers, Leeds etc if they end the season in the next few weeks? Holy s5it. Things are going to get wild.

62 - 78 - 81

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:52 - Mar 12 with 2217 viewsIllinoisblue

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:49 - Mar 12 by SitfcB

Going to be all behind closed doors apparently, many media outlets reporting the fact.

Liverpool win the league in front of an empty kop. No scenes.

62 - 78 - 81

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:59 - Mar 12 with 2208 viewsSitfcB

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:52 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

Liverpool win the league in front of an empty kop. No scenes.

Will have to feel for them and Leeds, after all these years they won’t be there to see it happen in person.

Coventry fan on twitter also said it’s typical, they haven’t won a league for 30 years either.

COYB

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 03:07 - Mar 12 with 2202 viewsIllinoisblue

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:59 - Mar 12 by SitfcB

Will have to feel for them and Leeds, after all these years they won’t be there to see it happen in person.

Coventry fan on twitter also said it’s typical, they haven’t won a league for 30 years either.

Wonder if the EFL have some small print in their rules and regulations about calling a season early and how they determine winners in that situation.

62 - 78 - 81

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 03:34 - Mar 12 with 2171 viewsSWGF

Yes. For now. But no UK footballers have yet tested positive.

Yet.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:15 - Mar 12 with 2067 viewshoppy

How unlucky can one poor sod be?... he’s already died from AIDS once, back in 1993.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:41 - Mar 12 with 2009 viewsdavblue

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:51 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

So many decisions to make. Unprecedented is putting it mildly. Obviously sport is not really that important, but can you imagine the outcry from scousers, Leeds etc if they end the season in the next few weeks? Holy s5it. Things are going to get wild.

We really are in a sad state of affairs if they kick off.None of that matters one iota.
Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:56 - Mar 12 with 1962 viewsWeWereZombies

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:15 - Mar 12 by hoppy

How unlucky can one poor sod be?... he’s already died from AIDS once, back in 1993.

Tsk tsk, this is serious Hoppy, that was not very Big of you...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 07:00 - Mar 12 with 1948 viewsWeWereZombies

But what if a team member has tested positive? That will mean the rest of the squad are 'untouchables' too. So the fixtures could not be fulfilled. And then you have to go back to the team(s) that they have recently played. They would not be able to fulfil their fixtures either.

The only solution is to cancel the season. Good news for Bury at least.

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 07:26 - Mar 12 with 1877 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:56 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

I think it's time to run.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Never mind that on 09:25 - Mar 12 with 1756 viewsSwansea_Blue

We might have to stop having orgies

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2020/mar/11/hands-off-can-org

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:28 - Mar 12 with 1740 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 07:00 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

But what if a team member has tested positive? That will mean the rest of the squad are 'untouchables' too. So the fixtures could not be fulfilled. And then you have to go back to the team(s) that they have recently played. They would not be able to fulfil their fixtures either.

The only solution is to cancel the season. Good news for Bury at least.

I wonder if they'd end the season as is, restart it later or just call it as it is now as the result?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:34 - Mar 12 with 1718 viewsWeWereZombies

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:28 - Mar 12 by monytowbray

I wonder if they'd end the season as is, restart it later or just call it as it is now as the result?

We don't have to wait for arithmetical confirmation - we would be safe from relegation.

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:41 - Mar 12 with 1705 viewsSwansea_Blue

Long, but interesting read on an analysis of the cases worldwide. Key message is social distancing - we should be doing more, not just carrying on as normal.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 1704 viewsGuthrum

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 02:51 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

As I posted the other day:

Another hypothetical on the coronavirus by Guthrum 9 Mar 2020 9:46
When the Black Death hit Europe in the late 1340s, the shock caused a social, economic and cultural - even political and religious - dislocation, reverberations of which were felt for centuries afterwards. The whole of society altered, in some sectors sparking irreversible change.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:44 - Mar 12 with 1700 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:41 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

Long, but interesting read on an analysis of the cases worldwide. Key message is social distancing - we should be doing more, not just carrying on as normal.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd

I'm working from home today. Seeing the rest of the world has let me to believe the West care more about the economy than life. I can't think of why else we've been so slack when footage of what the streets of Wuhan look like. It's a ghost town and has been a while.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:52 - Mar 12 with 1691 viewsPinewoodblue

John Travolta was also tested but seems it was Saturday Night Fever.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:04 - Mar 12 with 1678 viewsWeWereZombies

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 09:52 - Mar 12 by Pinewoodblue

John Travolta was also tested but seems it was Saturday Night Fever.

Bob Geldorf has been asked to come in for a test, when they called him up to ask when would be convenient he said 'I don't like Mondays'.

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:05 - Mar 12 with 1677 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:56 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

Disagree

We have to retain a sense of humour, it's the only way to deal with things sometimes.

I'm off for a nice cup of tea.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:07 - Mar 12 with 1674 viewsWeWereZombies

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:05 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

Disagree

We have to retain a sense of humour, it's the only way to deal with things sometimes.

I'm off for a nice cup of tea.

And I don't even get an uppie, I feel that my dazzling pun has just been cast away...

[edit] this is a pun but also a genuine sentiment when I say that in making these feeble quips I do hope that things are not terminal for that very fine actor.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:09]

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:09 - Mar 12 with 1665 viewsLord_Lucan

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:07 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

And I don't even get an uppie, I feel that my dazzling pun has just been cast away...

[edit] this is a pun but also a genuine sentiment when I say that in making these feeble quips I do hope that things are not terminal for that very fine actor.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:09]

Oh sorry, I'm a bit of a tvvat.

Have an uppie

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 10:10 - Mar 12 with 1660 viewsBent_double

Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus (n/t) on 06:15 - Mar 12 by hoppy

I bet he wishes he'd stayed on that island now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024