Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity 07:36 - Mar 12 with 3362 viewsHarry_Palmer

We could do a lot worse....

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mauricio-taricco-big-interview-1-6556190
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 07:44 - Mar 12 with 3284 viewsKeaneish

With open arms...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 07:46 - Mar 12 with 3284 viewsSuperblue95

No idea if they’d be interested, probably not. But if they were I’d be making big efforts to get them here

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 07:47 - Mar 12 with 3274 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed.

But looking at the list of clubs after Brighton (Sunderland, AEK Athens, Real Betis, Shanghai Shenhua and FC Bordeaux) we're at least a league below where they are. Not sure they'd consider much below a top 6 Championship on those grounds.

Of course, they might drop another level for a special club and the chance to build something from the ground up. But that possibly puts us out of contention too given the sense of confusion and a lack of structure behind the scenes.

Who knows though? It would be very exciting.

Pronouns: He/Him

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:05 - Mar 12 with 3203 viewsHarry_Palmer

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 07:47 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

But looking at the list of clubs after Brighton (Sunderland, AEK Athens, Real Betis, Shanghai Shenhua and FC Bordeaux) we're at least a league below where they are. Not sure they'd consider much below a top 6 Championship on those grounds.

Of course, they might drop another level for a special club and the chance to build something from the ground up. But that possibly puts us out of contention too given the sense of confusion and a lack of structure behind the scenes.

It certainly would. I think this is the type of appointment Evans needs to make to really get the fans excited again and avoid a big drop off in season ticket sales. The style of Football would be good to watch and the philosophy clear and I think we could really benefit from their European contacts.

Of course as you say, we would really need to modernise the structure within the club and appoint a DOF to make it work and that might just make it a no go as far as Evans is concerned. I fear the expense involved on top of a pay out to Lambert would put him off.
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:17 - Mar 12 with 3148 viewsElephantintheRoom

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:05 - Mar 12 by Harry_Palmer

It certainly would. I think this is the type of appointment Evans needs to make to really get the fans excited again and avoid a big drop off in season ticket sales. The style of Football would be good to watch and the philosophy clear and I think we could really benefit from their European contacts.

Of course as you say, we would really need to modernise the structure within the club and appoint a DOF to make it work and that might just make it a no go as far as Evans is concerned. I fear the expense involved on top of a pay out to Lambert would put him off.

Hmmmm - as I remember 'the fans' were pretty excited clapping Town all the way into division three.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:27 - Mar 12 with 3116 viewsHarry_Palmer

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:17 - Mar 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmmmm - as I remember 'the fans' were pretty excited clapping Town all the way into division three.

Have you ever considered you might feel more at home on WOTB or the Pink-un?
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:29 - Mar 12 with 3119 viewsfabian_illness

My mates a big Sunderland fan, moved down in the 70’s for work.
Some of you Nacton chaps will know him as he was a teacher at Murrayfield.

He’s said they were awful at Sunderland when things weren’t going their way.
Had some great ideas for the team and how they wanted to play, but when they fell behind or needed a tactical change to grind out a draw, they just sat there with their hands in their pockets.
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:34 - Mar 12 with 3094 viewsHarry_Palmer

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:29 - Mar 12 by fabian_illness

Had some great ideas for the team and how they wanted to play, but when they fell behind or needed a tactical change to grind out a draw, they just sat there with their hands in their pockets.

That may well be the case but it would have been in the Premier league wouldn't it?

We are a long way off worrying how good they are by PL standards. I feel pretty sure they would have enough about them to improve our prospects of getting out of league one, where they already have one promotion on their CV's.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 9:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:49 - Mar 12 with 3037 viewsStokieBlue

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 07:47 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

Why not offer it to Tarrico on his own?

He must be ready to step into the big chair himself after being under Poyet at all those clubs and he would have enormous good will from the fans.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:56 - Mar 12 with 3010 viewsDarth_Koont

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:49 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

Why not offer it to Tarrico on his own?

He must be ready to step into the big chair himself after being under Poyet at all those clubs and he would have enormous good will from the fans.

SB

Yes, I was thinking the same.

But in the interview he says he's not really interested in the manager's role and all the linking up between chairman, board, club management etc. He just wants to be out on the pitch, coaching and working with the players.

Pronouns: He/Him

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:59 - Mar 12 with 2983 viewsSwansea_Blue

More chance of me copping off with Miley Cyrus

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:00 - Mar 12 with 2981 viewspeterleeblue

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:29 - Mar 12 by fabian_illness

Your mate is forgetting
2014 Carling Cup Final / FA Cup quarter finalists 2014
Spectacular Connor Whickham inspired run to safety in the same year.

Poyet struggled like all SAFC managers in being somewhat underfunded and not being able to land the sufficient quality players.

Think he could do a job at Ipswich.
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:06 - Mar 12 with 2954 viewsIPS_wich

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:00 - Mar 12 by peterleeblue

Your mate is forgetting

Poyet struggled like all SAFC managers in being somewhat underfunded and not being able to land the sufficient quality players.

Can you clarify if your last sentence should finish with a full stop or a question mark?

My irony-o-meter reads it as if it should have been the latter, but it's possible you meant it as a statement.
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:35 - Mar 12 with 2839 viewsLimitlessBlue

MT would not work under Evans if there was no money made available to fund what he wanted to achieve, he has told me that in no uncertain terms.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 2787 viewsHarry_Palmer

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:35 - Mar 12 by LimitlessBlue

MT would not work under Evans if there was no money made available to fund what he wanted to achieve, he has told me that in no uncertain terms.

Oh well, that's the end of that then. It was good while it lasted.
Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:52 - Mar 12 with 2780 viewsmonty_radio

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 08:27 - Mar 12 by Harry_Palmer

Have you ever considered you might feel more at home on WOTB or the Pink-un?

The username requires that the response is always the same. Perhaps he posts happier stuff under a less demanding name. Anyone who posts under such a name as "the real issue" or the "Town Crier" where balance is never an option would be an ignore from me.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 11:30 - Mar 12 with 2631 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would take him in a heartbeat, a hell of a character Gus Poyet. Did an unbelievable job at Bordeaux to get them into a Europa League spot from nowhere.

Stalled in the summer through a transition of owners, current owner wasn't spending as he was going to sell, new owner didn't have control yet so wouldn't spend. All went a bit sour.

Don't think he would be happy working under Evans, don't think Evans would want him working for him.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 11:35 - Mar 12 with 2612 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anyone remember that 13/14 season with Sunderland.

Miracle how they escaped relegation. Conor Wickham solo efforts fired them out of the relegation zone on his own.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 11:59 - Mar 12 with 2563 viewsJon_456

Poyet and Tarrico looking for a new opportunity on 09:00 - Mar 12 by peterleeblue

Your mate is forgetting

'Poyet struggled like all SAFC managers in being somewhat underfunded and not being able to land the sufficient quality players.'

That sounds familiar...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024