Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If your child has..... 08:56 - Mar 12 with 5388 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....a sore throat, cough but no temperature would you send them to skool? What would the official guidance be?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If your child has..... on 10:20 - Mar 12 with 1938 viewsclive_baker

No. If in doubt, stay home.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If your child has..... on 10:21 - Mar 12 with 1935 viewsclive_baker

If your child has..... on 09:32 - Mar 12 by GavTWTD

I don't think it'll be long before schools are shut. Next week I'd say.

I reckon they’re trying to wait until the Easter hols

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If your child has..... on 10:21 - Mar 12 with 1932 viewsGlasgowBlue

If your child has..... on 10:09 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

I didn't realise you owned a bistro - do you do the cooking?

Hopefully people will continue to go out and eat until the government advice tells them otherwise and you and your staff are OK. I guess the government pledges yesterday would help you if you have to close?

SB
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:12]

God no. We have chefs. I Can barely boil an egg.

It started out as a hobby business for the wife but when I had to close the marketing business down I scraped together what I had left and put it into a couple of coffee shops.

Edit. The rates reduction is massive and if we can put off HMRC obligations for a couple of months we should be fine. Hopefully won’t have to take advantage of any finance offers.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If your child has..... on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 1927 viewsghostofescobar

I was in my sons school reception this morning and overheard the receptionists discussing the school closing from Monday.

GhostOfEscobar

If your child has..... on 10:28 - Mar 12 with 1922 viewsStokieBlue

If your child has..... on 10:25 - Mar 12 by ghostofescobar

I was in my sons school reception this morning and overheard the receptionists discussing the school closing from Monday.

Rumours going around of Boris announcing a closure of up to 2 months.

2 months would be very hard for many, many people. I won't believe that until I see Boris say it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If your child has..... on 10:33 - Mar 12 with 1912 viewsghostofescobar

If your child has..... on 10:28 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

Rumours going around of Boris announcing a closure of up to 2 months.

2 months would be very hard for many, many people. I won't believe that until I see Boris say it.

SB

My eldest son has his A Levels from May. Will fvck all that up. Guess they'll have to be put back.

GhostOfEscobar

If your child has..... on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 1910 viewsStokieBlue

If your child has..... on 10:33 - Mar 12 by ghostofescobar

My eldest son has his A Levels from May. Will fvck all that up. Guess they'll have to be put back.

I really don't know what the plans are for exams like GCSE's, A-Levels and 11+.

Not really sure anyone knows.

SB

If your child has..... on 10:38 - Mar 12 with 1896 viewsghostofescobar

If your child has..... on 10:35 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

SB

And has a knock on effect with A Level students, as those results impact which uni they can go to.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

If your child has..... on 10:42 - Mar 12 with 1893 viewsgiant_stow

SB

Mrs ullaa heard school gossip that they may use the mock results if they can't run the real thing.

At first glance, that seems grosely unfair, but then again, what other option would there be?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If your child has..... on 10:44 - Mar 12 with 1888 viewsStokieBlue

If your child has..... on 10:38 - Mar 12 by ghostofescobar

And has a knock on effect with A Level students, as those results impact which uni they can go to.

Same with 11+, directly affects their school choice for the next 5 to 7 years.

SB

If your child has..... on 10:59 - Mar 12 with 1864 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

I have twin girls taking the Scottish equivalent of A Levels next month. One of them already harps an unconditional offer from a few unis based her her results from last year but the other twin didn’t do so well and needs two more this year to get a place so is really worried about what’s happening.

The other one is more concerned about her prom being cancelled.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 11:00]

Iron Lion Zion

If your child has..... on 11:01 - Mar 12 with 1857 viewsGlasgowBlue

If your child has..... on 10:42 - Mar 12 by giant_stow

Mrs ullaa heard school gossip that they may use the mock results if they can't run the real thing.

At first glance, that seems grosely unfair, but then again, what other option would there be?

That would be harsh. The mocks help a student identify what more they need to do in the real thing.

Iron Lion Zion

If your child has..... on 11:02 - Mar 12 with 1855 viewsgiant_stow

If your child has..... on 11:01 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

That would be harsh. The mocks help a student identify what more they need to do in the real thing.

Agreed. I hope its just staffroom bollox, but when you think about it, they can't really delay cos of the next year's intake. The only other option might be to run them in the summer if everything's calmed down by then.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If your child has..... on 11:04 - Mar 12 with 1852 viewsStokieBlue

If your child has..... on 10:59 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

I have twin girls taking the Scottish equivalent of A Levels next month. One of them already harps an unconditional offer from a few unis based her her results from last year but the other twin didn’t do so well and needs two more this year to get a place so is really worried about what’s happening.

I can understand why she is worried, it's outside her control and not in any way her fault.

It'll be the 11+ for us which will be affected but that is in no way as bad as A-Levels being affected as they can be done totally outside of school learning.

SB

If your child has..... on 11:09 - Mar 12 with 1840 viewsGlasgowBlue

If your child has..... on 11:04 - Mar 12 by StokieBlue

I can understand why she is worried, it's outside her control and not in any way her fault.

It'll be the 11+ for us which will be affected but that is in no way as bad as A-Levels being affected as they can be done totally outside of school learning.

SB

I suppose they could shorten the summer holidays and play around with next year so that everything can be fitted in.

It would need a lot of goodwill from people who work in education and they should be suitably rewarded.

Iron Lion Zion

If your child has..... on 12:36 - Mar 12 with 1789 viewsDecoy_Octopus

It doesn't matter to us. My wife is a severe brittle asthmatic and things like a bad cold can often have her in hospital for a week and the last time she had a chest infection she had life threatening asthma attacks.

We've decided that if anyone at the kids schools are showing symptoms they are not going in, regardless if the school is shut or not. I'm not risking my wifes health over it.

Have told my boss the same at work. Any symptoms and I'm not going in, overkill? Maybe, but it's just too much of a risk for me.
If your child has..... on 12:43 - Mar 12 with 1772 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If your child has..... on 09:29 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

Q quick google shows you are talking utter bullsh1t.

You’ve hardly covered yourself in glory on this subject banksy.

Heh thanks for your constructive input.....have you rung 111 for advice and followed the prompts?

If your child has..... on 17:25 - Mar 12 with 1710 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If your child has..... on 09:29 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

Q quick google shows you are talking utter bullsh1t.

You’ve hardly covered yourself in glory on this subject banksy.

Ahh so the guidance has now been given for those just with a cough......"utter bullsh1t" heh...you're a horrible piece of work aren't you!

If your child has..... on 17:58 - Mar 12 with 1689 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

If your child has..... on 09:32 - Mar 12 by GavTWTD

I don't think it'll be long before schools are shut. Next week I'd say.

We are preparing to have to shut by the end of next week for an enforced early easter. This is based on little more than gut feelings and whispers so fingers crossed not.
If your child has..... on 18:03 - Mar 12 with 1682 viewsGlasgowBlue

If your child has..... on 17:25 - Mar 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ahh so the guidance has now been given for those just with a cough......"utter bullsh1t" heh...you're a horrible piece of work aren't you!

I believe Swansea already posted this a few minutes after your op.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-a

This advice was a click of google away so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Iron Lion Zion

If your child has..... on 19:10 - Mar 12 with 1648 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If your child has..... on 18:03 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-a

This advice was a click of google away so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Nope that is the advice since this evening....there was no specific advive this morning for kids with a cough and sore throat regarding school attendance that I could see which is why I asked.

If your child has..... on 19:11 - Mar 12 with 1648 viewsSwansea_Blue

If your child has..... on 10:59 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

Universities can’t afford not to take students, so they’ll sort something out. Even if all exams were cancelled they’d still take students in somehow - mocks, coursework performance, written recommendations from schools...something would be worked out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If your child has..... on 19:22 - Mar 12 with 1631 viewsSwansea_Blue

If your child has..... on 18:03 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness the advice has changed since this morning - it was phone 111 if not sure. Now it’s don’t call 111 unless you feel you can’t cope or are getting much worse.

I’m in the same boat now - boy’s come home with cold symptoms and a cough. Not obvious what to do in that case as self-isolating whole family seems overkill for what is probably a cold. A clear directive would make things a lot easier (or readily available tests).

If your child has..... on 19:40 - Mar 12 with 1612 viewsSwansea_Blue

Her in doors has just spoken to GP sister in law about our boy. She said absolutely take it seriously; either cough or fever, minimum 7 days stay at home. If in doubt, stay at home.

Not sure if that helps anyone, as it just reinforces new govt guidance (except the “any doubt” bit).

Looks like he’s off for a week.

If your child has..... on 19:56 - Mar 12 with 1596 viewsRyorry

If your child has..... on 10:21 - Mar 12 by GlasgowBlue

God no. We have chefs. I Can barely boil an egg.

It started out as a hobby business for the wife but when I had to close the marketing business down I scraped together what I had left and put it into a couple of coffee shops.

Edit. The rates reduction is massive and if we can put off HMRC obligations for a couple of months we should be fine. Hopefully won’t have to take advantage of any finance offers.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:26]

You weren't the best advert for the drinks side of things when you said a couple of months ago that you drink about 20 cans a day of diet-Coke!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024