Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list 09:45 - Mar 12 with 6954 viewsartsbossbeard

When this great day arrives, what's the TV viewing plan? Simple for me.

Curb Your Enthusiasm rewatch, seasons 1 to 10
Rick & Morty
Sopranos
Picard
I might also finally finish the last series of True Detective

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 3853 viewsStokieBlue

Rather enjoying Picard. Not amazing but enjoyable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:16 - Mar 12 with 3787 viewsbrazil1982

Continue/finish Narcos, Stranger Things and my ever growing never watch, watchlist.
Quite fancy watching Lovejoy again too.
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:19 - Mar 12 with 3772 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a good thread. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Unfortunately I've ballsed up on Covo TV as I've just watched Curb series 6 - current again, I should have waited and watched the whole lot.

I might go for The Wire, never seen it!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:21 - Mar 12 with 3759 viewsartsbossbeard

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:19 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

It's a good thread. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Unfortunately I've ballsed up on Covo TV as I've just watched Curb series 6 - current again, I should have waited and watched the whole lot.

I might go for The Wire, never seen it!

The Wire is ace.

Top Tip: Watch the first two series with subtitles on, it enhances the viewing pleasure - the "street" talk comes at you thick & fast.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:32 - Mar 12 with 3739 viewsLord_Lucan

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:21 - Mar 12 by artsbossbeard

The Wire is ace.

Top Tip: Watch the first two series with subtitles on, it enhances the viewing pleasure - the "street" talk comes at you thick & fast.

I was going to do that, when I started to watch it years ago I gave up on the first episode as I didn't understand what the Mo Fo's were saying.

Edit; Of course everything depends on whether I get isolated in Ipswich or Norwich, I'm hoping the latter - otherwise I'll be watching back to back Baby Bum in the daytime and Nazi documentaries of an evening.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:34]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:40 - Mar 12 with 3704 viewsartsbossbeard

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:32 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

I was going to do that, when I started to watch it years ago I gave up on the first episode as I didn't understand what the Mo Fo's were saying.

Edit; Of course everything depends on whether I get isolated in Ipswich or Norwich, I'm hoping the latter - otherwise I'll be watching back to back Baby Bum in the daytime and Nazi documentaries of an evening.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:34]

I love a good Nazi documentary.

If I had a choice of Nazi era, I'd always go for the lead up to Hitler coming into power and how his rhetoric/posturing converted thousands of downtrodden German to followers plus also I like the post war stuff and Nazi hunting/capturing.

Fascinating stuff.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:40]

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 3682 viewsLord_Lucan

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:40 - Mar 12 by artsbossbeard

I love a good Nazi documentary.

If I had a choice of Nazi era, I'd always go for the lead up to Hitler coming into power and how his rhetoric/posturing converted thousands of downtrodden German to followers plus also I like the post war stuff and Nazi hunting/capturing.

Fascinating stuff.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 10:40]

You should isolate round mine then, Eva Lucan has a mountain of the stuff.

As far as films go, Conspiracy takes a bit of beating IMHO

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 3678 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm re-watching Curb now. The old US TV screen shape and quality took a bit of getting used to.
Still fantastic so far in season three but it shows just how much the latest season has reached another level.

I'm also re-watching it with my 14 and 17 year old daughters who amazingly are now the ones pushing to see the next episode. I only wanted them to give the first episode a go and see what they thought about it - but it's been a surprising success and brought a tear to my eye!

Give Better Call Saul a go if you haven't. IMO it's much, much better than Breaking Bad and consistently some of the best telly I've ever seen.

Think I might do The Wire again. Never re-watched it but always a little concerned how it would stack up nearly two decades later.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:53 - Mar 12 with 3655 viewsartsbossbeard

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:47 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

I'm re-watching Curb now. The old US TV screen shape and quality took a bit of getting used to.
Still fantastic so far in season three but it shows just how much the latest season has reached another level.

I'm also re-watching it with my 14 and 17 year old daughters who amazingly are now the ones pushing to see the next episode. I only wanted them to give the first episode a go and see what they thought about it - but it's been a surprising success and brought a tear to my eye!

Give Better Call Saul a go if you haven't. IMO it's much, much better than Breaking Bad and consistently some of the best telly I've ever seen.

Think I might do The Wire again. Never re-watched it but always a little concerned how it would stack up nearly two decades later.

Beard Jnr (16) is a Curb convert now, which is great.

I'll add Better Call Saul to the list, ta.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:55 - Mar 12 with 3644 viewsLord_Lucan

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:53 - Mar 12 by artsbossbeard

Better Call Saul is really good but you need to see Breaking Bad first if you haven't already.

BCS new series is on now.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:57 - Mar 12 with 3632 viewsartsbossbeard

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:55 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

Better Call Saul is really good but you need to see Breaking Bad first if you haven't already.

Ta. I've started Breaking Bad but nowhere near finishing it..

Added to the list - 14 day isolation, correct?

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 11:03 - Mar 12 with 3607 viewsDarth_Koont

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:53 - Mar 12 by artsbossbeard

Nice one.

You won't be disappointed. There's some great humour and fantastic scenes.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 11:06 - Mar 12 with 3598 viewsDarth_Koont

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:55 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

You're probably right about watching BB first. Although that's much more plot-driven so I think you can speed through it.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:35 - Mar 12 with 3477 viewsGuthrum

A large number of young males will probably go blind after excessive self-isolation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:37 - Mar 12 with 3463 viewsgiant_stow

Ozark has been good.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:42 - Mar 12 with 3419 viewsLord_Lucan

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:37 - Mar 12 by giant_stow

Ozark has been good.

Yeah, it was an easy watch sort of thing wasn't it.

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:43 - Mar 12 with 3415 viewsJ2BLUE

8 Days
COBRA
Intelligence
Chernobyl
Breeders
Fortitude

Lots of books too. Thank god for kindles and instant downloads.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:46 - Mar 12 with 3397 viewsgiant_stow

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 15:42 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, it was an easy watch sort of thing wasn't it.

yeah exactly - nothing to clever, but good entertainment.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 3321 viewsChondzoresk

Lock, Stock...
Pulp Fiction,
Both Deadpools
All the Star Wars Films
Fawlty Towers/Father Ted/The Inbetweeners
That’s a decent start.
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 17:29 - Mar 12 with 3272 viewsColin_Viljoen

Anybody got a PLEX account, there's a town supporter who has about 6 servers full of films & tv series loaded, you can get access for a small donation!
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 18:04 - Mar 12 with 3224 viewsDoctor_Earman

Pandemic.
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 18:57 - Mar 12 with 3174 viewsMelford

First thing I thought of when I saw the title was Curb.

I've worked my way through 4 series of the old Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack, remember watching it on Sky in the 90s as a kid.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 19:02 - Mar 12 with 3163 viewsFunge

ABB treat yourself and splash out £20 or so, and watch Succession on Prime.

It is well good.

Ozark/ Wire both fine suggestions, and Mindhunter is pretty good too.

There's also Quarry, which got cancelled after one series - but might be the best of the bunch (although Succession runs it close). You'll need to hit one of the hooky streaming channels up though.
Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 19:05 - Mar 12 with 3151 viewsGlasgowBlue

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 10:47 - Mar 12 by Darth_Koont

Yes I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. New series on now isn't it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 19:06 - Mar 12 with 3138 viewsDarth_Koont

Covo-19 isolation TV watch list on 19:02 - Mar 12 by Funge

ABB treat yourself and splash out £20 or so, and watch Succession on Prime.

It is well good.

Ozark/ Wire both fine suggestions, and Mindhunter is pretty good too.

There's also Quarry, which got cancelled after one series - but might be the best of the bunch (although Succession runs it close). You'll need to hit one of the hooky streaming channels up though.

Ooh good call on Succession. Very entertaining and darkly funny.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024