Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs and Covid 19 23:34 - Mar 12 with 1995 viewsnoggin

Just been announced that pubs over here can only stay open while they are serving food. When the kitchen shuts, so does the bar. On top of that, they have to enforce a 1 metre space between each customer. Clubs are all closed for 2 weeks. Challenging times ahead.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:36 - Mar 12 with 1963 viewsSpruceMoose

How are they supposed to enforce a one metre space? And is that effective anyway?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:40 - Mar 12 with 1922 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:36 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

How are they supposed to enforce a one metre space? And is that effective anyway?

Only table seating allowed. I doubt many people will bother going out with those restrictions, so it might be effective.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:46 - Mar 12 with 1891 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't see the sense in that. If peolpe are in there with the virus, they're in there. Doesn't matter wheher they're eating or drinking.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:50 - Mar 12 with 1858 viewsWeWereZombies

Do you reckon it will be over by the 27th when I am supposed to land in Oslo?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:51 - Mar 12 with 1858 viewsjeera

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:46 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

I don't see the sense in that. If peolpe are in there with the virus, they're in there. Doesn't matter wheher they're eating or drinking.

I would assume the idea is to allow enough trade to help businesses survive but by cutting down trading hours into drinking times; i.e. after work boozing, then by working the percentages there will be less chance of the things coming in and being spread about.

It's far from perfect but I can see it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:52 - Mar 12 with 1854 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:46 - Mar 12 by Swansea_Blue

I agree. Pubs that don't serve food are not allowed to open. I have a feeling that all pubs and restaurants will be forced to close eventually.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:54 - Mar 12 with 1840 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:50 - Mar 12 by WeWereZombies

Do you reckon it will be over by the 27th when I am supposed to land in Oslo?

At the moment it's 2 weeks from today, so you might just be lucky. I wouldn't bank on it though.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:58 - Mar 12 with 1826 viewsjeera

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:52 - Mar 12 by noggin

I agree. Pubs that don't serve food are not allowed to open. I have a feeling that all pubs and restaurants will be forced to close eventually.

Is the thought that drinkers may be less likely to consider the welfare of others and their own by caring to wash properly in the toilets etc?

I mean, [relatively] sober diners are surely more likely to consider those things.

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:01 - Mar 13 with 1814 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:58 - Mar 12 by jeera

Is the thought that drinkers may be less likely to consider the welfare of others and their own by caring to wash properly in the toilets etc?

I mean, [relatively] sober diners are surely more likely to consider those things.

That was another thing, each seat at each table will have to have hand disinfectant. I won't be going out til it's all calmed down. On the bright side, I'll be working loads of overtime at double pay.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:01 - Mar 13 with 1810 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:58 - Mar 12 by jeera

I was in a boozer last weekend and the queue for the hand drier was as long as the queue for the urinals.

I took a piss in the sink and then headed back to the bar and got stuck into the bowl of complimentary peanuts.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:04 - Mar 13 with 1802 viewsjeera

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:01 - Mar 13 by vapour_trail

I was in a boozer last weekend and the queue for the hand drier was as long as the queue for the urinals.

I took a piss in the sink and then headed back to the bar and got stuck into the bowl of complimentary peanuts.

I have always liked you, but speaking as a bit of a germaphobe...

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:04 - Mar 13 with 1801 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:01 - Mar 13 by vapour_trail

Good thinking. The salt on the peanuts would kill any germs. Those hand driers just blow the germs around.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:06 - Mar 13 with 1792 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:04 - Mar 13 by jeera

I have always liked you, but speaking as a bit of a germaphobe...

Oh Jeera. Never eat the bar snacks man.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:06 - Mar 13 with 1787 viewsjeera

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:01 - Mar 13 by noggin

That was another thing, each seat at each table will have to have hand disinfectant. I won't be going out til it's all calmed down. On the bright side, I'll be working loads of overtime at double pay.

Well that's ok, just don't spray any of it on your food and hope the chef and his staff are impeccable.

Feck it, I'm staying home.

Most people are animals - some even piss in the sinks and then consume bar snacks.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:08 - Mar 13 with 1779 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:06 - Mar 13 by jeera

Well that's ok, just don't spray any of it on your food and hope the chef and his staff are impeccable.

Feck it, I'm staying home.

Most people are animals - some even piss in the sinks and then consume bar snacks.

Better than pissing on the bar and eating the urinal cakes though!

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:12 - Mar 13 with 1752 viewsWeWereZombies

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:54 - Mar 12 by noggin

At the moment it's 2 weeks from today, so you might just be lucky. I wouldn't bank on it though.

We are going to wait until Monday before we apply for a re-booking on another trip, would be an utter pain if, having never been to Norway, I saw your capital and then was not allowed to land or was whisked from the harbour to an airport to fly straight out.

Oh, we had a minor disagreement about face masks a week or so ago and in a pathetic attempt at one up man ship I give you this:

'Face masks are not recommended by FHI for healthy people unless you work in the healthcare sector or are in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected coronavirus.

Unnecessary use of face masks can in actually have the opposite to the intended effect, FHI writes, as they can cause you to touch your face more than you normally would.'

From: https://www.thelocal.no/20200302/coronavirus-these-are-the-everyday-precautions-

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:13 - Mar 13 with 1739 viewsjeera

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:08 - Mar 13 by SpruceMoose

Better than pissing on the bar and eating the urinal cakes though!

I've never found myself that confused before.

I have come close a few times.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:15 - Mar 13 with 1735 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:12 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

We are going to wait until Monday before we apply for a re-booking on another trip, would be an utter pain if, having never been to Norway, I saw your capital and then was not allowed to land or was whisked from the harbour to an airport to fly straight out.

Oh, we had a minor disagreement about face masks a week or so ago and in a pathetic attempt at one up man ship I give you this:

'Face masks are not recommended by FHI for healthy people unless you work in the healthcare sector or are in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected coronavirus.

Unnecessary use of face masks can in actually have the opposite to the intended effect, FHI writes, as they can cause you to touch your face more than you normally would.'

From: https://www.thelocal.no/20200302/coronavirus-these-are-the-everyday-precautions-

To be fair, I'm a healthcare worker and was speaking as one.

All healthcare workers have now been banned from travelling abroad until 30th April. There is a very good chance that the airports will be closed here.

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:25 - Mar 13 with 1696 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 00:15 - Mar 13 by noggin

To be fair, I'm a healthcare worker and was speaking as one.

All healthcare workers have now been banned from travelling abroad until 30th April. There is a very good chance that the airports will be closed here.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/901770/entire-country-norway-shutting-down

Pubs and Covid 19 on 07:20 - Mar 13 with 1399 viewshoppy

Pubs and Covid 19 on 23:40 - Mar 12 by noggin

Only table seating allowed. I doubt many people will bother going out with those restrictions, so it might be effective.

How big are the tables, if a family of 4 or 5 go out for a meal, and need to be at least a metre apart?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pubs and Covid 19 on 08:15 - Mar 13 with 1286 viewsStokieBlue

Norway has a large number of cases for it's population though (50% more than the UK).

Any idea why this is?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pubs and Covid 19 on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 1161 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pubs and Covid 19 on 08:15 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Norway has a large number of cases for it's population though (50% more than the UK).

Any idea why this is?

SB

I think there first confirmed case was a week earlier than ours, which might be part of the answer (probably others reasons as well).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pubs and Covid 19 on 10:48 - Mar 13 with 1113 viewsnoggin

Pubs and Covid 19 on 08:15 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Any idea why this is?

SB

Norwegians travel more than most, but not sure if that is why. Italy and Austria are very popular skiing destinations and oil workers are often in China.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024