Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon Tennis 11:24 - Mar 13 with 846 viewshype313

Have hinted it's going to be cancelled, you then start looking at other major events at that time, Glastonbury for one, it's going to be carnage.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:29 - Mar 13 with 803 viewsRyorry

Esp considering that sport, live concerts, theatre etc etc are what you usually rely on for a bit of escapism & to cheer you up!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:29 - Mar 13 with 802 viewsStokieBlue

Glastonbury is more than 3 months away. I think that's going to be the least of peoples worries if C-19 is still going strong then and people are still needing to be isolated and things closed down.

The economic hit for that length of closures is going to be massive.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:30 - Mar 13 with 792 viewsGuthrum

There's a whole raft of festivals probably going to be cancelled, unless we're through the outbreak quicker than most experts are predicting.

I'm supposed to be going to Bearded Theory in May. Have for some time been thinking it's unlikely to happen.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:36 - Mar 13 with 758 viewshype313

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:30 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

There's a whole raft of festivals probably going to be cancelled, unless we're through the outbreak quicker than most experts are predicting.

I'm supposed to be going to Bearded Theory in May. Have for some time been thinking it's unlikely to happen.

I'm supposed to be seeing Guns and Roses in May, can't see that happening.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 740 viewsRadlett_blue

The pro tennis tour has shut down for a month but it's hard to see it getting up & running in less than 3 months so all events will be at risk. It's sad, but the far more important issue will be the huge economic impact on many businesses & the associated job losses & hardship. Not ignoring the large umber of people who are going to die, but that's near unavoidable.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:47 - Mar 13 with 718 viewsITFC_Forever

Wimbledon Tennis on 11:29 - Mar 13 by StokieBlue

Glastonbury is more than 3 months away. I think that's going to be the least of peoples worries if C-19 is still going strong then and people are still needing to be isolated and things closed down.

The economic hit for that length of closures is going to be massive.

SB

Given that Boris said (ok, I know) that the peak won't be for another 10-12 weeks, Glastonbury and all the other festivals, sports events for the next 6 months are under threat.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wimbledon Tennis on 12:29 - Mar 13 with 669 viewsvilanovablue

I'd stick my neck out and say the Olympics won't happen. People need to understand this isn't "flu" and so the it'll be gone soon simply doesn't apply. We are potentially facing months of upheaval.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024