Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the end of normality? 13:11 - Mar 13 with 1127 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Could Coronavirus cause the end of things as we know it?

Well I doubt it. But makes you think though.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Is this the end of normality? on 13:15 - Mar 13 with 1090 viewsDarth_Koont

No.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this the end of normality? on 13:28 - Mar 13 with 1038 viewsChurchman

Nope
Is this the end of normality? on 13:55 - Mar 13 with 1000 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it has the potential to change the way we think and work. I wouldn't be surprised if it became the norm for more people to work from home, after all we can do group meetings online already. I think it also might lead to a new way of education, I mean do universities really need these big buildings? Surely university age people can be educated largely off site????

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is this the end of normality? on 14:01 - Mar 13 with 969 viewsWD19

I feel fine.
Is this the end of normality? on 14:01 - Mar 13 with 969 viewsstringy

Is this the end of normality? on 13:55 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

I think it has the potential to change the way we think and work. I wouldn't be surprised if it became the norm for more people to work from home, after all we can do group meetings online already. I think it also might lead to a new way of education, I mean do universities really need these big buildings? Surely university age people can be educated largely off site????

My concern - employment-security wise - is that some university deans / presidents might then say 'oh well having made you teach on line, and podcasted your lecture, maybe we can just use the digital content next year and not hire you, after all how much change is there in subject X each year?'

We have just (finally) moved to teaching online at our uni as of today; I think you're right in that it does show that actually a lot of work can be done at distance, and will open up a much more decentralised workflow, but there's room for it to be abused and lead to less job security methinks

Canada has taken a while to get going on all of this; the first toilet paper frenzy only hit our supermarket yesterday afternoon...
Is this the end of normality? on 14:03 - Mar 13 with 958 viewsNewcyBlue

Is this the end of normality? on 13:55 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

“ Surely university age people can be educated”???

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Is this the end of normality? on 14:25 - Mar 13 with 920 viewsLord_Lucan

Is this the end of normality? on 14:01 - Mar 13 by stringy

My concern - employment-security wise - is that some university deans / presidents might then say 'oh well having made you teach on line, and podcasted your lecture, maybe we can just use the digital content next year and not hire you, after all how much change is there in subject X each year?'

We have just (finally) moved to teaching online at our uni as of today; I think you're right in that it does show that actually a lot of work can be done at distance, and will open up a much more decentralised workflow, but there's room for it to be abused and lead to less job security methinks

Canada has taken a while to get going on all of this; the first toilet paper frenzy only hit our supermarket yesterday afternoon...

Sainsburys Ipswich this morning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024