Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 15:06 - Mar 13 with 4372 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What do we realistically expect to get for him and what would we be happy with? (realistic rather than snipey comments)

I could see this being in region of £4 Milion + add ons. Would be low based on his ability but clubs will known we need the cash. I would be happy with £8-10mil minimum but don't think we'll get it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Downes on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 3483 viewsGirthyguy

I would take 3 million and a decent sell on with him loaned back to us for next season.

What will happen is 2 million plus impossible add on any time soon like England caps.
Downes on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 3458 viewsHerbivore

Think we'll get £3m up front max and then anything else will be add ons. We need to add a decent sell on as part of the deal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes on 15:29 - Mar 13 with 3421 viewsKieran_Knows

I imagine we'd get £3m +add on's (which is pathetic). I agree it should be somewhere around £8-10m though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Downes on 15:37 - Mar 13 with 3396 viewsim_marcacus

For a mid table League 1 club, more like £750k if we’re lucky..
Downes on 15:42 - Mar 13 with 3385 viewsGirthyguy

Downes on 15:29 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

I imagine we'd get £3m +add on's (which is pathetic). I agree it should be somewhere around £8-10m though.

I bet if we got promoted which we won't. We could get 8-10 million for him
Downes on 15:48 - Mar 13 with 3356 viewsHerbivore

Downes on 15:29 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

Not sure he's worth that yet. Potentially though.

Downes on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 3344 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Downes on 16:14 - Mar 13 with 3294 viewsWD19

c.£2m plus major add-ons (that can be dressed up as a £5m deal)
Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 19:46 - Mar 13 with 3178 viewssuffolkpoker

Downes is only leaving for big money.

Anything under £5m he won’t go 100%

Any champ club can afford £5m for a young England U21

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Downes on 19:59 - Mar 13 with 3161 viewsbournemouthblue

Being in League One it's going to be a knock down price sadly

In the Championship you could double or triple that fee and that is the most disappointing element to this

Downes is going to be a serious player

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Downes on 20:02 - Mar 13 with 3151 viewsPecker

2 million tops. We are a league 1 club after all.
Downes on 20:44 - Mar 13 with 3096 viewsEly_Blue

Downes on 15:42 - Mar 13 by Girthyguy

I bet if we got promoted which we won't. We could get 8-10 million for him

If we got promoted he wouldn’t be leaving

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Downes on 20:52 - Mar 13 with 3082 viewsjas0999

As a League One club - an average one at that, you’d be looking at £1.5M tops plus add ons.
Downes on 20:54 - Mar 13 with 3077 viewsfabian_illness

I think we should hold out for that magical ‘undisclosed fee’
Downes on 21:29 - Mar 13 with 3024 viewsBluefish

Downes on 19:46 - Mar 13 by suffolkpoker

Downes is only leaving for big money.

Anything under £5m he won’t go 100%

Any champ club can afford £5m for a young England U21

Has he ever played for England u21s?

He will be 1.5 - 3 million, probably 2 million

If we had gone up it would have been at least double, woolf could go for even less. I won't ever forgive PRP for either

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Downes on 23:08 - Mar 13 with 2934 viewsGarv

Downes on 20:52 - Mar 13 by jas0999

As a League One club - an average one at that, you’d be looking at £1.5M tops plus add ons.

It’ll be much more than that, in my opinion.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Here's where Marcus can have an effect - Pay up front on 08:42 - Mar 14 with 2761 viewsScottCandage

Maybe football has gotten used to spreading transfer payments over a number of years, but unless I'm wrong, that isn't the rule. So here's how that conversation should go:

Buyer: We want Downes
Marcus: I understand. The price is 8 million pounds. Up front. Not spread over time. No add ons. Now. You either can afford him or you can't. Pay me up front or go away.

When transfers are spread over time, it just gives the seller less of a budget year over year. Think of a transfer. Let's say it was 1 million pounds total. Over three years we get 333K every year. Marcus takes a slice (let's call it 50K a year, can't blame him). So that's 283K per year left. We buy a 200K player each year, let's say their wages are 83K a year, just to make it even. So we've replaced a million pound player with three 200K players. And we have to wait over three years to get all three players.

Repeat ad infinitum and you're mid-table in League One.

Let's now see the pay up front method. A 1 million pound transfer, Marcus takes 150K, leaves 850K, we now can buy a 600K player, and pay his wages of 249K for 3 years. And we have 1K left over. But we get a better player (600K rated) for 3 years, instead of 3- 200K players dribbling into the club over three years. Same money. Better replacement. And now.

Screw spreading the payments. Be a real business man, Marcus. Pay us up front or go away.
Here's where Marcus can have an effect - Pay up front on 08:51 - Mar 14 with 2744 viewsBluefish

Here's where Marcus can have an effect - Pay up front on 08:42 - Mar 14 by ScottCandage

Maybe football has gotten used to spreading transfer payments over a number of years, but unless I'm wrong, that isn't the rule. So here's how that conversation should go:

Marcus: I understand. The price is 8 million pounds. Up front. Not spread over time. No add ons. Now. You either can afford him or you can't. Pay me up front or go away.

When transfers are spread over time, it just gives the seller less of a budget year over year. Think of a transfer. Let's say it was 1 million pounds total. Over three years we get 333K every year. Marcus takes a slice (let's call it 50K a year, can't blame him). So that's 283K per year left. We buy a 200K player each year, let's say their wages are 83K a year, just to make it even. So we've replaced a million pound player with three 200K players. And we have to wait over three years to get all three players.

Let's now see the pay up front method. A 1 million pound transfer, Marcus takes 150K, leaves 850K, we now can buy a 600K player, and pay his wages of 249K for 3 years. And we have 1K left over. But we get a better player (600K rated) for 3 years, instead of 3- 200K players dribbling into the club over three years. Same money. Better replacement. And now.

Screw spreading the payments. Be a real business man, Marcus. Pay us up front or go away.

I had to stop reading when you used the word gotten. Can you summarise for me please?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Here's where Marcus can have an effect - Pay up front on 12:45 - Mar 14 with 2631 viewsHerbivore

Here's where Marcus can have an effect - Pay up front on 08:42 - Mar 14 by ScottCandage

You are aware that we also structure our incoming transfers by paying in installments right?

Downes on 12:53 - Mar 14 with 2622 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Downes on 15:11 - Mar 13 by Girthyguy

I would take 3 million and a decent sell on with him loaned back to us for next season.

What will happen is 2 million plus impossible add on any time soon like England caps.

I appreciate that might be what we get but you'd be happy with that?

It is a mad fact that if we got promoted his value would double (maybe not fact but we'd all.agree on that right?)

I think this is where Evans has got to be strong. Even if not forking out on signings he has to effectively cover the cost of the failure and not sell cheap! Should be a high price and pay or or no sale.

These low figures wouldnt allow any reinvestment which will be tragic.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Downes on 17:16 - Mar 14 with 2548 views66notout

Downes on 19:59 - Mar 13 by bournemouthblue

Being in League One it's going to be a knock down price sadly

In the Championship you could double or triple that fee and that is the most disappointing element to this

Downes is going to be a serious player

A serious player? Really? I beg to differ on what I have seen so far this season.
Two goals in 32 appearances - very average.
Does he provide defence-splitting passes? No.
Is he a game changer? No.
Discipline. Very poor.
I would be very surprised if a Premier League club wanted to sign him at the moment and I see Woolfy as a much better prospect.
Downes on 18:11 - Mar 14 with 2496 viewsHerbivore

Downes on 17:16 - Mar 14 by 66notout

A serious player? Really? I beg to differ on what I have seen so far this season.
Two goals in 32 appearances - very average.
Does he provide defence-splitting passes? No.
Is he a game changer? No.
Discipline. Very poor.
I would be very surprised if a Premier League club wanted to sign him at the moment and I see Woolfy as a much better prospect.

That's an awful shout.

Downes on 18:33 - Mar 14 with 2470 viewsAce_High1

Sadly it will be undisclosed - does anyone think undisclosed should not be allowed for transfers,surely to be transparent we should know exactly what the deal is, always used to....

But back to Downes, I think around £1.5m plus lots of silly add ons, most of which will not happen.
Downes on 19:44 - Mar 14 with 2409 viewsChurchman

£1 million plus the famous ‘add ons’ which will amount to a toilet roll and a £20 amazon voucher for our saviour.
Downes on 19:46 - Mar 14 with 2403 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Think it’ll be 4-5m, maybe with a loan player too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024