Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... 23:16 - Mar 13 with 1825 viewsITFC_Forever

Cancel Euro 2020, move them to June 2021.

Scrap all next next season’s cup competitions.
Resume play in September and play this season to a finish.

Three week break in October for the transfer window and to sort the fixtures out. Then start the new season third / fourth week of October.
Finish mid-May, play-offs done by the end of May.

Sorted.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 23:16]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:17 - Mar 13 with 1797 viewsITFC_Forever

The one fly in the ointment is how smaller clubs will survive until September with no income.

I’m sure the fat cats in the Prem won’t give a toss.

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:48 - Mar 13 with 1705 viewsVic

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:17 - Mar 13 by ITFC_Forever

The one fly in the ointment is how smaller clubs will survive until September with no income.

Maybe the Prem fat cats could do something radical and share round their income and pay to keep the skinny cats of League 1 and 2 alive?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:51 - Mar 13 with 1700 viewsjaykay

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:17 - Mar 13 by ITFC_Forever

so the sick pay of £80 a week for each player ,will put clubs under ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 07:55 - Mar 14 with 1436 viewsITFC_Forever

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:51 - Mar 13 by jaykay

so the sick pay of £80 a week for each player ,will put clubs under ?

And if the players aren’t sick? They still have a contract to be paid.... and many players in L1 / L2 aren’t made of money, they need the steady income the same as the rest of us.

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 07:59 - Mar 14 with 1426 viewsNewcyBlue

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 07:55 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

And if the players aren’t sick? They still have a contract to be paid.... and many players in L1 / L2 aren’t made of money, they need the steady income the same as the rest of us.

There must be some sort of insurance that football clubs have?

Is there not a basic set of insurances and certification required to operate?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:04 - Mar 14 with 1407 viewsITFC_Forever

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 23:48 - Mar 13 by Vic

Maybe the Prem fat cats could do something radical and share round their income and pay to keep the skinny cats of League 1 and 2 alive?

We all know the answer to that suggestion.

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:07 - Mar 14 with 1404 viewsPecker

Just scrap this season. Where you are now is where you finish. No promotion or relegation. Champions will be those leading the table now.That is the simplest way.
No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:12 - Mar 14 with 1388 viewsGuthrum

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 07:59 - Mar 14 by NewcyBlue

There must be some sort of insurance that football clubs have?

Is there not a basic set of insurances and certification required to operate?

I'm pretty certain there is. It's whether such insurance covers all of football being suspended due to an unexpected global pandemic (and if the insurers pay out under such circumstances).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:17 - Mar 14 with 1374 viewsChocorange

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:07 - Mar 14 by Pecker

Just scrap this season. Where you are now is where you finish. No promotion or relegation. Champions will be those leading the table now.That is the simplest way.

Yeah let's give scum another 100 million for their s*** efforts this season, they can stay up and reap the benefit.

Oh and Leeds and WBA tough luck , u got to do it all again.

Would be loads of court cases suing the FA, don't sound simple to me.
No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:32 - Mar 14 with 1343 viewsElephantintheRoom

September is probably when the next wave of coronavirus will start. Countries like the UK who have made no attempt to eradicate the virus - merely to eep it flourishing out of sight will be the epicentre of the next pandemic.

Perhaps we have to wait until the very small number of people dying from what for the vast majority is a minor respiratory infection to be treated with callous indifference. A bit like the last 100 years with flu perhaps

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 10:55 - Mar 14 with 1165 viewsParisBlue

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 07:55 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

Some only have contracts until June.

We could be forced to play our remaining games having lost Skuse but having signed Willian and David Silva on a free short term contract.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 11:00]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 11:03 - Mar 14 with 1139 viewsclive_baker

Literally what I said yesterday

How would you solve the upcoming fixture scheduling crisis? by clive_baker 13 Mar 2020 11:56
I'm not sure the heat is going to kill it. Perhaps it'll reduce the common flu cases and ease pressure on hospitals, but Singapore is 32 degrees right now and it doesn't seem to have helped there.

I would postpone this season until it's deemed safe to start again, and try and wrap up the remaining 2 months in 5 or 6 weeks, whenever that may be. Next season will depend on what it can resume, let's say that is October time, I would propose we cancel all European competitions and domestic cups for 1 year. So the 2020 / 2021 season is purely focused on running the domestic league campaign from Oct - May, then business as usual the following year. Any European qualifying teams from this season who miss out should also qualify when they resume. So it's any club that finished in those spots in either this season or next. If that makes sense.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 11:10 - Mar 14 with 1126 viewsRadlett_blue

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:12 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

I'm pretty certain there is. It's whether such insurance covers all of football being suspended due to an unexpected global pandemic (and if the insurers pay out under such circumstances).

Indeed. There are all sorts of exclusion clauses in most insurance policies, typically war, terrorism, earthquake, pandemics etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 12:29 - Mar 14 with 1042 viewsHemelBlue

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:17 - Mar 14 by Chocorange

Yeah let's give scum another 100 million for their s*** efforts this season, they can stay up and reap the benefit.

Suing the FA? This would be a premier league decision on cancelling top flight, not FA. Also, leeds are in the EFL, not a member of the EPL so I don’t think they could sue a competition of which they are not a member.
No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 13:50 - Mar 14 with 983 viewsPecker

No more football until September.... here’s how to sort it.... on 08:17 - Mar 14 by Chocorange

This isn't about any club, it is about the safety of fans and players. Nobody knows when this will all be over, so to just say, play out this season before the start of the next one just isn't practical. Leeds, W.B.A. Coventry, Rotherham etc. would only have 3 weeks to sort their squads out before going again in a league above. Chances are they would all be relegated again. Just press the reset button from the start of next season. It is the least complicated way of doing it. It isn't about money, trophies, promotion or relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024