Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every cloud..... 06:59 - Mar 14 with 2084 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really could be the end of Trump. Biden has been so much better on Covid 19.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Every cloud..... on 07:06 - Mar 14 with 2028 viewsjacko77

Political point scoring from a global pandemic! Well done.
Every cloud..... on 07:10 - Mar 14 with 2019 viewsGlasgowBlue

Every cloud..... on 07:06 - Mar 14 by jacko77

As somebody posted yesterday, politicians will be judged on how they handle this pandemic. Trump has been woeful and will be punished in an election year.

That isn’t point scoring. It’s pointing out the reality.

Iron Lion Zion

Every cloud..... on 07:45 - Mar 14 with 1970 viewsBlueBadger

Every cloud..... on 07:10 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

As somebody posted yesterday, politicians will be judged on how they handle this pandemic. Trump has been woeful and will be punished in an election year.

Whilst you make a good point Glassers, I fear that like with Boris, people will quite happily ignore reality.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Every cloud..... on 07:50 - Mar 14 with 1947 viewsGlasgowBlue

Every cloud..... on 07:45 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

Whilst you make a good point Glassers, I fear that like with Boris, people will quite happily ignore reality.

So far Boris has taken the advice if the CMO and CSA. These people would be giving the same advice to a Labour or Lib Dem Pm.

Iron Lion Zion

Every cloud..... on 08:02 - Mar 14 with 1926 viewsStokieBlue

It really is a perfect storm for him. Not only is he unbelievable stupid ("you don't think the flu vaccine will work on covid?") but he is also unable to grasp the magnitude of problem. To him everything can be sorted out a bit later, nothing is immediate.

It's a real shame that people had to die before people started realising this though.

I am slightly surprised that Sanders hasn't benefited given his healthcare policies - perhaps Biden will look at some of them to push him over the edge but most Democrats don't want to stray too far from the status-quo either.

There is also the possibility if it's very bad and prolonged the elections might be put back.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Every cloud..... on 11:43 - Mar 14 with 1763 viewsBrixtonBlue

Every cloud..... on 07:06 - Mar 14 by jacko77

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Every cloud..... on 11:51 - Mar 14 with 1750 viewsLankHenners

Biden in for Trump is hardly much of an upgrade. Nothing much would really change other than having another senile president but one who isn’t as obviously and obnoxiously vile.

Kind of weird to watch Americans wake up to the virus exposing more of them than ever before to the wretched state of their country’s healthcare whilst actively trying to block the person trying to change that from getting into a position to do so. Sanders of course has been the best on healthcare but people don’t want to listen to him because he’s not a democrat or he’s a ‘communist’ or he wants to rob everyone of their money or whatever BS they can throw at him.

Stupid country. Deserves the politicians it gets.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Every cloud..... on 12:07 - Mar 14 with 1717 viewstractordownsouth

Notice how Nige is taking the populist route and just shouting from the sidelines about everything Johnson does now, claiming to be an expert on the virus. His ego really can't take his own irrelevance and the fact that Johnson is now the 'hero' of Brexit to the people who used to vote for Nige.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Every cloud..... on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 1690 viewsGlasgowBlue

Every cloud..... on 08:02 - Mar 14 by StokieBlue

It really is a perfect storm for him. Not only is he unbelievable stupid ("you don't think the flu vaccine will work on covid?") but he is also unable to grasp the magnitude of problem. To him everything can be sorted out a bit later, nothing is immediate.

It's a real shame that people had to die before people started realising this though.

I am slightly surprised that Sanders hasn't benefited given his healthcare policies - perhaps Biden will look at some of them to push him over the edge but most Democrats don't want to stray too far from the status-quo either.

There is also the possibility if it's very bad and prolonged the elections might be put back.

SB

If the elections are postponed then the speaker of the house becomes president until the election can be held.

Iron Lion Zion

Every cloud..... on 12:32 - Mar 14 with 1672 viewstractordownsouth

Every cloud..... on 12:28 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

If the elections are postponed then the speaker of the house becomes president until the election can be held.

That'd probably play into Trump's hands as Pelosi is unpopular with a lot of Americans.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Every cloud..... on 12:36 - Mar 14 with 1662 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every cloud..... on 07:50 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

So far Boris has taken the advice if the CMO and CSA. These people would be giving the same advice to a Labour or Lib Dem Pm.

They’ve not only been taking the advice of the relevant health scientist though, they’ve also been ‘balancing’ that out with views of other vested interests.

Time will tell, but we’re taking even less action than America so far. We’re either the only one getting it right, or we’re getting it horribly wrong. I’m not sure anyone is in a position to know which yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Every cloud..... on 12:41 - Mar 14 with 1627 viewsHerbivore

Every cloud..... on 07:50 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmm, that's a rather naive take, Glassers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Every cloud..... on 13:04 - Mar 14 with 1584 viewsElderGrizzly

And you’ll see his real focus and care clear as day from the tweet this morning

Every cloud..... on 13:24 - Mar 14 with 1518 viewsElderGrizzly

Every cloud..... on 12:32 - Mar 14 by tractordownsouth

That'd probably play into Trump's hands as Pelosi is unpopular with a lot of Americans.

There is every chance Trump’s stubbornness will kill him.

Every cloud..... on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 1499 viewsfooters

Every cloud..... on 13:04 - Mar 14 by ElderGrizzly

And you’ll see his real focus and care clear as day from the tweet this morning

Trump pinning his hopes on a resurgent stock market looks a little silly. Bit of info I got yesterday from a Goldman Sachs investee conference call was they're predicting a steady collapse until possibly recovery in the second half of the year. Obviously that gives him time till November if true, but doubtful it would recover to similar levels amid ongoing cases and confusion.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Every cloud..... on 13:33 - Mar 14 with 1475 viewsElderGrizzly

Every cloud..... on 13:28 - Mar 14 by footers

Trump pinning his hopes on a resurgent stock market looks a little silly. Bit of info I got yesterday from a Goldman Sachs investee conference call was they're predicting a steady collapse until possibly recovery in the second half of the year. Obviously that gives him time till November if true, but doubtful it would recover to similar levels amid ongoing cases and confusion.

Its his only hope of reelection, but his base don’t care about the stock market. His paymasters do though of course.

Shows how callous he is too. No comments on the deaths in the USA or their Coronavirus plans, just focus on making the rich richer.

Having one day gains, but weeks of losses way bigger than this gain is also a point he happily glosses over. He is someone who probably thinks if the stock market dropped by 50% but then recovered by 50% it was all equal...
Every cloud..... on 13:55 - Mar 14 with 1411 viewsBloomBlue

Every cloud..... on 12:36 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

They’ve not only been taking the advice of the relevant health scientist though, they’ve also been ‘balancing’ that out with views of other vested interests.

Time will tell, but we’re taking even less action than America so far. We’re either the only one getting it right, or we’re getting it horribly wrong. I’m not sure anyone is in a position to know which yet.

But again how do judge it? It's not a competition with a low and high score, what are people going to say there you go Boris you're approach resulted in 1000 deaths but if you had gone with option B it would have only resulted in 900 deaths.???? How the f*ck will you ever know how many people would die with the other option?

As an expert said yesterday there is no right or wrong way how you fight this.
Every cloud..... on 14:07 - Mar 14 with 1374 viewslongtimefan

Every cloud..... on 11:51 - Mar 14 by LankHenners

Biden in for Trump is hardly much of an upgrade. Nothing much would really change other than having another senile president but one who isn’t as obviously and obnoxiously vile.

Kind of weird to watch Americans wake up to the virus exposing more of them than ever before to the wretched state of their country’s healthcare whilst actively trying to block the person trying to change that from getting into a position to do so. Sanders of course has been the best on healthcare but people don’t want to listen to him because he’s not a democrat or he’s a ‘communist’ or he wants to rob everyone of their money or whatever BS they can throw at him.

Stupid country. Deserves the politicians it gets.

“ Stupid country. Deserves the politicians it gets.”

I had to chat to an American colleague yesterday who asked if I was available for a customer call around normal “going home” time. I told him we’d all been told to work from home so it wasn’t a problem. His response was why were we working from home
Every cloud..... on 14:33 - Mar 14 with 1308 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every cloud..... on 13:55 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

But again how do judge it? It's not a competition with a low and high score, what are people going to say there you go Boris you're approach resulted in 1000 deaths but if you had gone with option B it would have only resulted in 900 deaths.???? How the f*ck will you ever know how many people would die with the other option?

As an expert said yesterday there is no right or wrong way how you fight this.

There’ll be a huge global dataset, probably the biggest ever for a virus, that will be available for those people who know how to analyse it. They’ll do whatever people do when analysing data - play around with various statistical tools to identify patterns and interpret them using their skills and expertise. That should show that some approaches were more effective than others.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Every cloud..... on 14:37 - Mar 14 with 1296 viewsDoctor_Earman

No chance. Biden can't even string a sentence together.
Every cloud..... on 15:10 - Mar 14 with 1257 viewsmanchego

Every cloud..... on 14:37 - Mar 14 by Doctor_Earman

No chance. Biden can't even string a sentence together.

Unlike Donald Tr......

hang on a second
Every cloud..... on 15:19 - Mar 14 with 1238 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

God I love Trump.....4 little words!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Every cloud..... on 15:40 - Mar 14 with 1210 viewsjaykay

Every cloud..... on 15:19 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

God I love Trump.....4 little words!

now now banksy , some people of a nervous position will take this the wrong way.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024