Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? 09:31 - Mar 14 with 1344 viewsChrisd

With games potentially not returning for sometime, will we see some clubs in the EFL go to the wall by the time it all restarts again? There are so many clubs that are surviving on the breadline, this pandemic might see the end of them.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 09:55 - Mar 14 with 1282 viewsclive_baker

Certainly going to be tough, paying contracted players and no match day or commercial revenues to supplement it. I hope the FA distribute funds to help smaller clubs. If Richard Scudamore can get a £5m golden handshake then they can find a pot of reserves to help clubs out in these circumstances.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:08 - Mar 14 with 1251 viewscarlisleaway

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 09:55 - Mar 14 by clive_baker

Certainly going to be tough, paying contracted players and no match day or commercial revenues to supplement it. I hope the FA distribute funds to help smaller clubs. If Richard Scudamore can get a £5m golden handshake then they can find a pot of reserves to help clubs out in these circumstances.

About time the greedy Premier League used the vast amounts of money they have in reserve to fund the lower league times through these unprecedented days and months.
Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:14 - Mar 14 with 1238 viewsChrisd

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:08 - Mar 14 by carlisleaway

About time the greedy Premier League used the vast amounts of money they have in reserve to fund the lower league times through these unprecedented days and months.

With something unprecedented like this, I’d like to think in an ideal world the footballing family will help each other out, but I’m not entirely convinced that the majority of key stakeholders in football think like that.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:21]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:37 - Mar 14 with 1177 viewsRadlett_blue

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:14 - Mar 14 by Chrisd

With something unprecedented like this, I’d like to think in an ideal world the footballing family will help each other out, but I’m not entirely convinced that the majority of key stakeholders in football think like that.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:21]

While they can withstand some loss of match day revenue better than the smaller clubs, I doubt they will be feeling munificent especially as I'm sure the TV companies will be looking closely at their contracts with the PL.
I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription yesterday.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:41 - Mar 14 with 1169 viewsgiant_stow

players could maybe think about taking wage cuts / holidays - might be the only way to save the clubs.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:46 - Mar 14 with 1160 viewspointofblue

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:41 - Mar 14 by giant_stow

players could maybe think about taking wage cuts / holidays - might be the only way to save the clubs.

Can’t see that happening - players would have budgeted for the wages coming in. Then again they might not get the cash either way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:51 - Mar 14 with 1148 viewsgiant_stow

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:46 - Mar 14 by pointofblue

Can’t see that happening - players would have budgeted for the wages coming in. Then again they might not get the cash either way.

I guess not all players are well off, but in an ideal world, the ones earning 10 grand a week could help the ones on less, even through the divisions.

Edit: i realise that sounds like pie in the sky now, but fater a few months maybe not.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:52]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 11:10 - Mar 14 with 1117 viewsBasuco

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:08 - Mar 14 by carlisleaway

But the premier league only has just over £1.5 billion of cash in the bank, how will they survive?
Login to get fewer ads

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 11:13 - Mar 14 with 1113 viewsRadlett_blue

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 10:51 - Mar 14 by giant_stow

I guess not all players are well off, but in an ideal world, the ones earning 10 grand a week could help the ones on less, even through the divisions.

Edit: i realise that sounds like pie in the sky now, but fater a few months maybe not.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:52]

You can rely on the PFA and Gordon Taylor, at 75 the oldest fat cat in the world, to do the wrong thing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 1109 viewsBasuco

With some EFL clubs, match day income accounting for as much as 40% of total revenue and without parachute payments the average being 33% of revenue, it is a very strong possibility that some could go bust.
Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 1059 viewsBent_double

There was a piece on Look East yesterday, focusing on clubs in this region, they interviewed the club secretary (can't remember his name) at PR, he said it was certainly be a problem for some lower league clubs, but we'd be OK as we had a wealthy owner who is able to cover the loses!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 12:33 - Mar 14 with 1046 viewsHemelBlue

A lot of EPL clubs don’t have reserves - look at Villa. They need help and good riddance if they don’t get it because their spending has been crazy.

And also, for clubs like Bournemouth, Watford they are in a fierce competition where money is everything to their long term chances. Why should prem clubs have have been well run and succeeded have to fund basket cases like sunderland and pompey. This is not a charity game.

If we were in the prem and budgies in league 1, would we be sending them cash?
Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 12:57 - Mar 14 with 993 viewsJ4ck22

Are we going to see some lower league clubs go bust? on 12:21 - Mar 14 by Bent_double

There was a piece on Look East yesterday, focusing on clubs in this region, they interviewed the club secretary (can't remember his name) at PR, he said it was certainly be a problem for some lower league clubs, but we'd be OK as we had a wealthy owner who is able to cover the loses!

Evans has been playing 4D chess all along. He knew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024