Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? 10:24 - Mar 14 with 1457 viewsbackinbeige

If the season had continued as normal we’d be on course to finish outside the play offs. A pretty awful result given the strength of our squad, pre season predictions and our league position in January.

If the season doesn’t finish and our final position isn’t crystallised it will partially hide what is a terrible result. No one will be angry that we’ve finished 8th (for example). There will be no terrible outcome to point towards and make the situation untenable.

I’m not decided that the problem is with Lambert. He hasn’t done a great job but he’s hamstrung by a dysfunctional and distant structure behind the scenes. That The Athletic called out a “Cold War” within the club under McCarthy shows we have personnel and administration who are not afraid to undermine and are easily split in two, even if this was under a previous manager. So perhaps it isn’t all Lambert’s fault.

However surely coronavirus is going to at least partially hide what has been an awful season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 10:25]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 10:50 - Mar 14 with 1363 viewsSuperblue95

Won’t take away from how awful we’ve been but I wouldn’t put it past Lambert to blame Corona Virus for ruining our chance of promotion

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:24 - Mar 14 with 1319 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No I don't see how it helps at all. What is done is done. It HAS been a poor season. Nobody is going to forget it. With our remaining fixtures there was an opportunity to at least finish strong. Think that would be better than if its cancelled.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 1312 viewsBrixtonBlue

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 10:50 - Mar 14 by Superblue95

Won’t take away from how awful we’ve been but I wouldn’t put it past Lambert to blame Corona Virus for ruining our chance of promotion

This is just silly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:25 - Mar 14 with 1307 viewsBrixtonBlue

How will it be hidden? We can all see the league table.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:27 - Mar 14 with 1307 viewsWD19

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:25 - Mar 14 by BrixtonBlue

This is just silly.

You say that, but watch him argue in court that he is entitled to a full payout because ‘we could have got promoted if....’
Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:35 - Mar 14 with 1289 viewsBrixtonBlue

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:27 - Mar 14 by WD19

You say that, but watch him argue in court that he is entitled to a full payout because ‘we could have got promoted if....’

That's a bit different. If it was still mathematically possible when the season was suspended and his contract termination was due to a clause about failure to gain promotion, then legally he'd obviously have a case.

Away from the courtroom, there's no way Lambert will blame Covid-19 on our failure to gain promotion. The notion that he would is silly.

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 1283 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes, i'm sure Evans is delighted with the hit his business empire will take to protect Lambert and avoid a pay off...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 12:23 - Mar 14 with 1224 viewsElephantintheRoom

How exactly? Evans' businesses must be suffering enormously.

In football terms he is now facing losing a few more millions at Ipswich - with the possibility of all this happening again IF a massive eleven people die of a nasty viral infection in the whole country once the season kicks off again.

I'd say it's uncharted waters until people learn to shrug their shoulders - as they do with fluy.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 1210 viewsSwansea_Blue

The only thing it’ll hide is how much worse it would have got.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 14:21 - Mar 14 with 1123 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 10:50 - Mar 14 by Superblue95

In all fairness, it won't be Lambo that does that, it'll be the Cult Of Lambo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 17:16 - Mar 14 with 1007 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 11:24 - Mar 14 by Terry_Nutkins

No I don't see how it helps at all. What is done is done. It HAS been a poor season. Nobody is going to forget it. With our remaining fixtures there was an opportunity to at least finish strong. Think that would be better than if its cancelled.

Whilst Lambert is in charge, we won't be 'finishing strong'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus: A blessing for Lambert/Evans? on 17:23 - Mar 14 with 995 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"No one will be angry that we have finished 8th"?

Utter tosh. Early doors we showed we have the playing staff to get out of this league and Lambert has very clearly messed that up.

The blessing for Lambert is that he will be able to remain our manager for longer (how much longer depends on how the situation pans out the exact wording of whatever clauses are in the contract and whether it is seen as a completed season and us therefore finishing outside the play-offs). Meanwhile, once the football begins again, the atmosphere will just get increasingly toxic.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024