Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question about enforced closures..... 21:10 - Mar 14 with 1892 viewsallezlesbleus

If a lockdown occurs and only essential businesses are allowed to remain open, what happens about pay for staff who aren't allowed to go to work?

Obviously the government announced earlier in the week that if you had symptons of the virus, you need to self-isolate for 1 week and you would receive the statutory sick pay from day one. So if the government forces shops, offices, bars, restaurants etc to close, does the employer still have to pay their staff their full daily wage?
Question about enforced closures..... on 21:13 - Mar 14 with 1846 viewsnoggin

Why are the UK advising 1 week isolation, when other countries are enforcing 2 weeks?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:15 - Mar 14 with 1828 viewsWD19

Depends on the terms under which they are engaged.
Question about enforced closures..... on 21:15 - Mar 14 with 1828 viewsallezlesbleus

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:13 - Mar 14 by noggin

Why are the UK advising 1 week isolation, when other countries are enforcing 2 weeks?

As I was typing this, I put 2 weeks and then thought I'd better double check and it is only 1 week.
Question about enforced closures..... on 21:17 - Mar 14 with 1821 viewsallezlesbleus

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:15 - Mar 14 by WD19

Depends on the terms under which they are engaged.

I assume if the employees are contracted, then the employer is liable to pay the full pay. I can see a lot of small companies going under very quickly if that is the case.
Question about enforced closures..... on 21:17 - Mar 14 with 1828 viewsGuthrum

Statutory Sick Pay (£94.25 per week). Which is not enough to live on if you have to pay rent, etc.

Unless you don't qualify or are self-employed. In which case you get nothing until (or if) Universal Credit pays out after 6 weeks. Possibility of Employment Support Allowance if you're actually sick (£73.10 for over 25s, £57.90 if under) and can get through the assessment process without losing your marbles.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 1822 viewsGuthrum

Because the UK is more concerned about not trashing its economy than dealing with the disease as effectively as possible with minimum casualties.

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 1808 viewsnoggin

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:17 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Statutory Sick Pay (£94.25 per week). Which is not enough to live on if you have to pay rent, etc.

Unless you don't qualify or are self-employed. In which case you get nothing until (or if) Universal Credit pays out after 6 weeks. Possibility of Employment Support Allowance if you're actually sick (£73.10 for over 25s, £57.90 if under) and can get through the assessment process without losing your marbles.

That is awful.

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 1810 viewsvapour_trail

2 weeks if you have it or have been to certain parts of the world, 1 week if you are untested but have symptoms of some sort - anyone with a new cough for example.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 1808 viewsallezlesbleus

There are going to be some massive social / personal problems all over. Hard to know what the answer is.
Question about enforced closures..... on 21:20 - Mar 14 with 1788 viewsvapour_trail

To the OP, short answer is no.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:20 - Mar 14 with 1787 viewsGuthrum

Actually, to be fair, the average incubation period for C-19 is 5 days.

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:22 - Mar 14 with 1772 viewsTrequartista

I think if you have the symptoms, you have contracted the virus 5 days earlier, and your infectiousness falls off a cliff 5 days after you show symptoms (average figures).

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:22 - Mar 14 with 1761 viewsJ2BLUE

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:20 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Actually, to be fair, the average incubation period for C-19 is 5 days.

95% of cases within 5.2 days apparently

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:01 - Mar 14 with 1629 viewsMelford

I'm lucky in that I've still got 3 weeks holiday left to take, so hopefully any if any closure happens I can ride it out on that.

I don't know how it's going to work, we can't just shut down the kitchen with a couple of grand in stock in the fridges left to rot for potentially a couple of weeks. There would have to be a couple of days grace before it kicks into to prepare otherwise every kitchen is going to be a massive public health risk on when we're let back open again, it's not like closing an office down. All perishable items will have to be removed.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:04 - Mar 14 with 1618 viewsnoggin

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:01 - Mar 14 by Melford

I'm lucky in that I've still got 3 weeks holiday left to take, so hopefully any if any closure happens I can ride it out on that.

I don't know how it's going to work, we can't just shut down the kitchen with a couple of grand in stock in the fridges left to rot for potentially a couple of weeks. There would have to be a couple of days grace before it kicks into to prepare otherwise every kitchen is going to be a massive public health risk on when we're let back open again, it's not like closing an office down. All perishable items will have to be removed.

My local pub (closed indefinitely) has donated all the perishable food to the needy locals.

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:12 - Mar 14 with 1597 viewsmonytowbray

Question about enforced closures..... on 21:19 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Because the UK is more concerned about not trashing its economy than dealing with the disease as effectively as possible with minimum casualties.

That’s the long and short of it. Never has the divide we’ve created between the rich and the rest of us ever been so exposed.

And still 36% of people still trust Boris. We’re in a dystopian novel I swear.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:12 - Mar 14 with 1598 viewsGuthrum

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:01 - Mar 14 by Melford

I think one of the problems with the tone of what the Government is doing to prepare for isolation/lockdown is an assumption that everyone is an employee, works in an office and can do their job remotely. There's a fair chunk of the workforce not in that position.

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1574 viewsWD19

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:12 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

That’s the long and short of it. Never has the divide we’ve created between the rich and the rest of us ever been so exposed.

And still 36% of people still trust Boris. We’re in a dystopian novel I swear.

Callis, protecting the economy is not about the rich and the poor. It is about ensuring we are in the best possible place to take care of as many people as possible long into the future.
Question about enforced closures..... on 22:28 - Mar 14 with 1536 viewsjaykay

Question about enforced closures..... on 22:12 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

I think one of the problems with the tone of what the Government is doing to prepare for isolation/lockdown is an assumption that everyone is an employee, works in an office and can do their job remotely. There's a fair chunk of the workforce not in that position.

also they think we all have a min. of 2 bathrooms

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024