Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post apocalyptic thinking (no football this weekend!) 00:02 - Mar 15 with 727 viewsBlueastheycome

And cause I’ve had a few shandies and this question got my brain whirring..

If say I offered you a million pounds to go watch Norwich every home game for 10 seasons and this task was duly completed.

By the end of it, would you be a Norwich fan?

You’d resent it and be overly critical of them at first.. but if you were watching them every home game, herd mentality would kick in and after 10 seasons you’d be rooting for Norwich wouldn’t you? You would have adapted to the team, club, fans- 10 years is a long time. 10 seasons of watching Norwich fans get up and celebrate a goal would have an effect on your psyche- surely? Would it not? You would surely be more that way inclined than Ipswich. This scenario works vice versa for Norwich fans having to attend Ipswich games for 10 years too. Surely it would have some effect wouldn’t it ?

[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 0:08]
Post apocalyptic thinking (no football this weekend!) on 00:20 - Mar 15 with 626 viewsBLUEBEAT

Depends on whether you watched Ipswich play when they didn’t clash with Norwich home games, I guess.

A weak example would be John Peel, who was a full-on Liverpool supporter despite watching Ipswich play at home many many more times...

Poll: W or W

Post apocalyptic thinking (no football this weekend!) on 10:37 - Mar 15 with 486 viewsGuthrum

Post apocalyptic thinking (no football this weekend!) on 00:20 - Mar 15 by BLUEBEAT

Depends on whether you watched Ipswich play when they didn’t clash with Norwich home games, I guess.

A weak example would be John Peel, who was a full-on Liverpool supporter despite watching Ipswich play at home many many more times...

Think it also depends why you are an Ipswich fan. If it's because of deep links to the town or county, then maybe it would survive.

Which would put me in an interesting position, having as many familial links to Norwich and south Norfolk as to Ipswich and West Suffolk.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024