Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Covid-19 data source 11:36 - Mar 15 with 935 viewsDarth_Koont

Our World in Data is an Oxford Uni site that has been great for clean, clear economic and environmental data before it's often twisted and butchered by the politicians and the media.

Their coronavirus stuff is very good too with some good tips to interpreting the data and crucially what can't and shouldn't be interpreted yet.

Fill your boots:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Pronouns: He/Him

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:41 - Mar 15 with 892 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Very good.
Do they happen to mention how often you need to cough before it is classified as persistent....asking for a friend!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:44 - Mar 15 with 880 viewsDarth_Koont

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:41 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Very good.
Do they happen to mention how often you need to cough before it is classified as persistent....asking for a friend!

I think a persistent cough is when it becomes annoying to anyone else. Any huffy sighs and eye rolls yet?

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:46 - Mar 15 with 869 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:44 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

I think a persistent cough is when it becomes annoying to anyone else. Any huffy sighs and eye rolls yet?

How did you know?!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 863 viewsDarth_Koont

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:46 - Mar 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

How did you know?!

Final stage is when you wake up with a pillow over your face, but by then it's too late.

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:55 - Mar 15 with 840 viewsJ2BLUE

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

I've had a mild shortness of breath at times for about a week and have a mild pain in my right arm.

No fever or cough though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good Covid-19 data source on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 817 viewslinhdi

Don't confuse people with facts when they have already made up their minds! (Great stuff btw - the for sharing).
Good Covid-19 data source on 12:08 - Mar 15 with 790 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good Covid-19 data source on 11:55 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

I've had a mild shortness of breath at times for about a week and have a mild pain in my right arm.

No fever or cough though.

Are you right or left handed? Sounds like some form of cramp.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good Covid-19 data source on 12:31 - Mar 15 with 745 viewsChurchman

This site below is good too. Interestingly there is a column against a list of countries that shows cases per million of population. This is from a perspective angle more relevant than just gross numbers. Germany is showing 5142 cases, France 4499, yet per million, Germany has 61.4 cases and France 68.9 (UK is 16.8 per million). The caveat to stats like this is of course that they’re recorded cases. As was said the other day, there are 1000s out there unrecorded.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Good Covid-19 data source on 12:41 - Mar 15 with 710 viewsLord_Lucan

And here is a simplified explanation of current government approach via the bucket video.

https://www.iaindale.com/articles/coronavirus-why-schools

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good Covid-19 data source on 12:47 - Mar 15 with 682 viewsDarth_Koont

Good Covid-19 data source on 12:31 - Mar 15 by Churchman

This site below is good too. Interestingly there is a column against a list of countries that shows cases per million of population. This is from a perspective angle more relevant than just gross numbers. Germany is showing 5142 cases, France 4499, yet per million, Germany has 61.4 cases and France 68.9 (UK is 16.8 per million). The caveat to stats like this is of course that they’re recorded cases. As was said the other day, there are 1000s out there unrecorded.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 12:46]

Thanks.

Yeah, the recorded cases in the UK and US look low at first glance. But we've also done a huge amount of testing in the UK - so I wonder if that's testing symptom-free general population and healthcare staff which might be skewing the numbers.

Edit But that would be consistent with flattening the curve by seeing where the general population is so that we can understand when we're nearing capacity for healthcare resources. If you just test those exhibiting the symptoms especially if they're just the ones sick enough to come forward then you won't really know what's coming and when to quarantine people to slow the spread.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 13:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024