Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere 14:14 - Mar 15 with 4485 viewsRyorry

Can Covid-19 be transmitted by ingesting it? (on raw veg like salad eg). Would washing the item under cold running water be enough to remove the virus? In fact is the virus as damaging when ingested as when taken into the lungs via coughing or sneezing, given that it's the lungs which the Covid-19 seems to damage most?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:19 - Mar 15 with 2533 viewsPecker

It can last a while on hard surfaces, like door handles etc. Not sure about perishable items like lettuce. Wouldn't think so though, as it would surely have exploded the virus by now. every time I go into the greengrocers there is somebody squeezing a tomato.
Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:21 - Mar 15 with 2517 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pretty sure I read on the Government website that there is no evidence it can be transferred by ingesting food.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:24 - Mar 15 with 2514 viewssparks

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:21 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Pretty sure I read on the Government website that there is no evidence it can be transferred by ingesting food.

I think thats right- but presumably raw food, with virus on it, is going near to your respiratory system ont he way in...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:25 - Mar 15 with 2511 viewsPecker

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:21 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

I read on the Government website that if you drink water every 15 minutes you are vastly less likely to get it, as the water pushes the virus down to the gut and the acid kill the bug. Just looked again for the link, but I couldn't see it.
Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:28 - Mar 15 with 2483 viewsRyorry

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:25 - Mar 15 by Pecker

I read on the Government website that if you drink water every 15 minutes you are vastly less likely to get it, as the water pushes the virus down to the gut and the acid kill the bug. Just looked again for the link, but I couldn't see it.

Really interesting, ta (& for all the other answers too).

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:30 - Mar 15 with 2478 viewsJimmyJazz

Otherwise the 'All you can Eat' Buffets would be in difficulty

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:30 - Mar 15 with 2481 viewsJ2BLUE

A woman on Sky News was asked this question. She said don't worry about it but give the item a good wash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:31 - Mar 15 with 2475 viewsRyorry

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:24 - Mar 15 by sparks

I think thats right- but presumably raw food, with virus on it, is going near to your respiratory system ont he way in...

Hold breath whilst sticking item in gob, chewing & swallowing would seem to be the answer there?!

Login to get fewer ads

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:34 - Mar 15 with 2449 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chlorine is supposed to kill it, so they reckon swimming is a good activity. All that chlorine sloshing around your passages. Not sure about the science, but so far washing your hands, going for a swim and then getting hammered seem the best lines of defence.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:40 - Mar 15 with 2416 viewsmonytowbray

Hasn’t that been debunked? Or has there since been evidence suggesting this works?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:41 - Mar 15 with 2403 viewssparks

Im pretty sure I saw that being one of the many debunked pieces of fals information that morons are sending out.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:42 - Mar 15 with 2398 viewsGuthrum

It's a respiratory disease. The acids in the stomach would probably be too much for it to cope with.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:42 - Mar 15 with 2391 viewsBlueBadger

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:40 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Hasn’t that been debunked? Or has there since been evidence suggesting this works?

No, it's utter ballacks.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:44 - Mar 15 with 2382 viewsRyorry

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:42 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

No, it's utter ballacks.

Ah, ta for the info Badger.

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:45 - Mar 15 with 2363 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've seen that passed around facebook but not read it on the government website.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:48 - Mar 15 with 2366 viewsBluefish

I have question marks around the fact it apparently started in bats but they are confident that it can't be carried by pets. The conspiracy theories in this seem plausible, so many claims to not know much about it but an insistence on being right about pets

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:48 - Mar 15 with 2361 viewsfabian_illness

Most of the food my wife cooks is covered in vast quantities of carbon.
Does this help get rid of the virus?
Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:52 - Mar 15 with 2339 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/coronavirus-sympt

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:53 - Mar 15 with 2329 viewsRyorry

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:48 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

I have question marks around the fact it apparently started in bats but they are confident that it can't be carried by pets. The conspiracy theories in this seem plausible, so many claims to not know much about it but an insistence on being right about pets

It's been confirmed on livescience.com that it originated from bats in China transferring it to another small wild animal.

The "pets rumour was utterly wrong, irresponsible & distressing though, saw reports in my newsfeed of hundreds (if not more) of dogs just being abandoned. Absolutely disgusting (albeit some of those allegedly human beings might have been looking for an excuse anyway I suppose).

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:07 - Mar 15 with 2279 viewsFixed_It

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:34 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Chlorine is supposed to kill it, so they reckon swimming is a good activity. All that chlorine sloshing around your passages. Not sure about the science, but so far washing your hands, going for a swim and then getting hammered seem the best lines of defence.

So chlorinated chicken will be ok?! God bless America!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:16 - Mar 15 with 2254 viewsBlueBadger

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:31 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Hold breath whilst sticking item in gob, chewing & swallowing would seem to be the answer there?!

Just swallowing normally is sufficient to keep food away from your respiratory tract. Your larynx and swallow relflex are specifically designed so as not to permit food content into the airway.

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:17 - Mar 15 with 2256 viewsBlueBadger

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:24 - Mar 15 by sparks

If food is going anywhere near your respiratory tract on the way in, seek urgent help, because you probably have a dysfunctional swallow reflex and are at high risk of choking on your food and drink...

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:28 - Mar 15 with 2224 viewssparks

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:53 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

It's been confirmed on livescience.com that it originated from bats in China transferring it to another small wild animal.

The "pets rumour was utterly wrong, irresponsible & distressing though, saw reports in my newsfeed of hundreds (if not more) of dogs just being abandoned. Absolutely disgusting (albeit some of those allegedly human beings might have been looking for an excuse anyway I suppose).

Indeed. World Health have confirmed this and released various pet dogs which were in quarantine.

WHO let the dogs out.

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:29 - Mar 15 with 2209 viewsRyorry

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:28 - Mar 15 by sparks

Indeed. World Health have confirmed this and released various pet dogs which were in quarantine.

WHO let the dogs out.

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 15:32 - Mar 15 with 2202 viewsjeera

Question which I've not seen addressed anywhere on 14:34 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

So to be clear, not getting hammered then going for a swim?

Not the same thing?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024