Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for employers 16:12 - Mar 15 with 1708 viewsfabian_illness

One of my employees has just called to say he’s displaying signs of the virus and has decided, with his wife, to isolate.
I’ve said to phone 111 for his cert for statutory sick pay.
My question is, what are my obligations to the rest of the employees, bearing in mind he may or may not have the dreaded C-19?
We work in the construction industry and come in contact with many people during our everyday work.
Our employees meet every morning to collect job instructions for the day.
I need to know the right thing to do but haven’t a clue who to ask or get in touch with.
Is it a case of only isolating yourself now if you show signs? Or should you isolate if you’ve been in touch with someone who might have it?
My understanding is people are not getting tested anymore unless they are in so much trouble they need hospitalisation.
Help!
Question for employers on 16:13 - Mar 15 with 1683 viewsyorkshire

I would say the first thing you need is his test results - I don't think you can act either way unless you are sure
Question for employers on 16:23 - Mar 15 with 1613 viewsm14_blue

No he won’t be tested and I also don’t think 111 will provide any certification.
Question for employers on 16:25 - Mar 15 with 1607 viewsDeano69

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Question for employers on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 1505 viewsAce_High1

I think you need to inform your staff that a member of the team suspects they may have it and that they are self isolating.

Consider if anyone in particular spent a lot of time in the last week with him, maybe sharing a van etc as you may need to take a proactive approach with them and send them home.

Apart from that, until he is confirmed (as others have said the testing is not being done in these cases now so impossible to tell!), then you can't do a lot more, certainly not tell clients.

if it was confirmed then you would need to tell clients where he has been working on there sites and consider a companywide shutdown for a week.
Question for employers on 17:08 - Mar 15 with 1456 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Question for employers on 16:23 - Mar 15 by m14_blue

No he won’t be tested and I also don’t think 111 will provide any certification.

Even if they did, if there is no testing then the certification is on the basis of his self-reporting symptoms. What is the difference between that and him reporting the symptoms to the employer or is it seen as less likely he will lie to 111?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Question for employers on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 1425 viewsbluelagos

No expert, but one thing to think about is your early morning meeting. Can you stagger it so people dont all mix together each morning? Might help prevent future issues as/when other staff get ill.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Question for employers on 17:23 - Mar 15 with 1404 viewsmonytowbray

Man just dawned on me just how much an effect this will have on SMBs seeing it laid out IRL like this.

God Speed to you all.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question for employers on 17:45 - Mar 15 with 1334 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He doesn't need a certificate. You can self certify up to 7 days.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Question for employers on 20:12 - Mar 15 with 1112 viewsstrikalite

Question for employers on 17:08 - Mar 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Even if they did, if there is no testing then the certification is on the basis of his self-reporting symptoms. What is the difference between that and him reporting the symptoms to the employer or is it seen as less likely he will lie to 111?

Which is the same symptoms as a common cold, without testing how on earth can you really truly tell the difference, I suspect many people over the course of the next few weeks will call in sick with the CV....you know what people are like..
Question for employers on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 1093 viewssparks

Question for employers on 20:12 - Mar 15 by strikalite

Which is the same symptoms as a common cold, without testing how on earth can you really truly tell the difference, I suspect many people over the course of the next few weeks will call in sick with the CV....you know what people are like..

Frankly- whilst I get your cynicism, anyone who 'battles on' and comes to an average workplace with any sort of relevant symptoms over the next few weeks needs shooting.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Question for employers on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 1036 viewsm14_blue

Question for employers on 20:12 - Mar 15 by strikalite

Irrelevant if it’s CV or not though, if they have any of the symptoms then they’re doing entirely the right thing by staying off.

Usual rules are flipped on their head here, going in to work is the easy and selfish option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024