Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. 16:30 - Mar 15 with 3792 viewscatch74

Utterly pathetic.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 18:30 - Mar 15 with 851 viewsGuthrum

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 18:09 - Mar 15 by Vaughan8

My local Aldi had run out of baby wipes when I went in today. I suppose people arw finding alternatives (or parents are stocking up on them). The queues were halfway down the aisles. Its pathetic really.

However went into Iceland and Poundland and they had plenty of wipes
Meow seem to just do one shop and that's it!

Toilet rolls is a different matter though.

There's going to be one heck of a lot of blocked toilets when people start putting tissues, kitchen roll and wet wipes down them. Those things don't break down as easily as loo roll.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 18:51 - Mar 15 with 826 viewsjeera

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 18:30 - Mar 15 by Guthrum

There's going to be one heck of a lot of blocked toilets when people start putting tissues, kitchen roll and wet wipes down them. Those things don't break down as easily as loo roll.

Was saying just this yesterday.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 19:38 - Mar 15 with 785 viewsMelford

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 16:39 - Mar 15 by catch74

Definitely more cancellations and trade feels slightly down this week but still good.
We’re pretty stocked on everything - I can think of worse cases than a pub if we have to self isolate!!

If the schools close it could actually boost us - it’s going to be an interesting couple of months.

Mother's Day looks like it's going to be a disaster. We were fully booked the last couple of years, did 100+ meals. We have 3 tables totalling 14 people as of tonight.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:04 - Mar 15 with 761 viewscatch74

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 19:38 - Mar 15 by Melford

Mother's Day looks like it's going to be a disaster. We were fully booked the last couple of years, did 100+ meals. We have 3 tables totalling 14 people as of tonight.

That’s not good - not sure how or who the government will help out.
Virgin have said the UK aviation industry need a huge bailout, there’ll be so many industries requiring help. It would actually be helpful for us (if trade slows more) to be made to close - insurance will then kick in.

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:24 - Mar 15 with 751 viewsMelford

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:04 - Mar 15 by catch74

That’s not good - not sure how or who the government will help out.
Virgin have said the UK aviation industry need a huge bailout, there’ll be so many industries requiring help. It would actually be helpful for us (if trade slows more) to be made to close - insurance will then kick in.

Ireland are shutting their pubs from midnight tonight, so have France. That's going to come here at some point, I haven't ordered anything in terms of produce. I'm junking the menu tomorrow and just going off the specials boards with dishes made of what I've got in the fridges to minimise loss, I don't want to be caught with a grand's worth of fresh stuff with a fully-stocked menu.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:26 - Mar 15 with 744 viewsjeera

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 19:38 - Mar 15 by Melford

That's not good mate.

The trade needs those boosts throughout the year.

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 727 viewssparks

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:26 - Mar 15 by jeera

That's not good mate.

The trade needs those boosts throughout the year.

Awful lot of industries going to suffer. Cant see how government can support them all, as well as supporting all the individuals who wont be working. They cant favour one over another- save for obvious essentials.

That cost of borrowing could be about to rocket- because if most countries are suffering, who is in a position to lend?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 726 viewscatch74

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:24 - Mar 15 by Melford

Ireland are shutting their pubs from midnight tonight, so have France. That's going to come here at some point, I haven't ordered anything in terms of produce. I'm junking the menu tomorrow and just going off the specials boards with dishes made of what I've got in the fridges to minimise loss, I don't want to be caught with a grand's worth of fresh stuff with a fully-stocked menu.

Sensible - hope all goes as well as possible for you up there.

Login to get fewer ads

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:42 - Mar 15 with 710 viewsjeera

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 20:30 - Mar 15 by sparks

Awful lot of industries going to suffer. Cant see how government can support them all, as well as supporting all the individuals who wont be working. They cant favour one over another- save for obvious essentials.

That cost of borrowing could be about to rocket- because if most countries are suffering, who is in a position to lend?

I have no idea mate.

The boosts I was referring to are those occasions such as Xmas, Mothers Day, Easter etc.

Dates on the calendar year that boost takings.

Edit: I suppose, for the good of all involved, landlords could be told to reduce rents to more appropriately affordable percentages and councils be forced to do the same.

In fact, that would be the answer, maybe the only one.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 20:57]

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 648 viewscatch74

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 16:34 - Mar 15 by footers

You got much in store? And how's this business holding out, still packed out... or...?

My local seems to be BAU.

Forgot to add, table needed their lamb well done, due to Coronavirus.

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 09:17 - Mar 16 with 641 viewsfooters

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 09:13 - Mar 16 by catch74

Forgot to add, table needed their lamb well done, due to Coronavirus.

Bar them. Anyone ordering lamb well done is inexcusably sick in the head.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 09:52 - Mar 16 with 621 viewscatch74

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 09:17 - Mar 16 by footers

Bar them. Anyone ordering lamb well done is inexcusably sick in the head.

I washed it with hand gel and wrapped it in toilet paper.

I actually get quite upset in the kitchen when anyone orders their meat well done.

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 12:09 - Mar 16 with 598 viewsjontysnut

Every toilet roll gone from our pub toilets. on 16:38 - Mar 15 by jeera

It always was.

People are generally trash.

about that 'blitz spirit'

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/crime-on-the-home-front.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024