Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Race Across the World 11:17 - Mar 16 with 1585 viewsclive_baker

BBC.

Away from the stresses of coronavirus, is anyone watching this? I love it as a premise for a programme, really enjoyed series 1 and loving this one too. Basically 5 pairs all start at the same point in central America, and have to race to Ushuaia (phenomenal place by the way, went a couple of years back) in the southern tip of Argentina. They're given a budget the equivalent of the air far, but they can't take a plane. They also have no phones and no internet access, just a map. They've basically got to hustle their way along the journey.

The mother & son are my favourite, what a relationship they have.
Not warming to the girl with the deaf husband, she's a bit annoying.
Brother & sister are OK, he's a nob but she's quite fit.
Uncle & nephew are OK too.

Anyone else watching it?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Race Across the World on 11:21 - Mar 16 with 1555 viewsEly_Blue

Yeah I’m watching it too as I caught a few bits of the first series, it is quite an interesting look into how different people approach things and how straining it can be on a relationship when you have nothing but your own instincts and initiative to go on.

I agree on the mother son as being very endearing, they would do anything for each other whereas the brother sister combo, they obviously haven’t spend]t so much tome together for some time and are looking at this as a way to bond, I suspect it will either make or break their sibling bond although he is a bit of a knob though.

Husband and wife, she is very annoying

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Race Across the World on 11:31 - Mar 16 with 1515 viewsStokieBlue

The first series was great and the concept is excellent.

Some of the contestants this series are rather annoying though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Race Across the World on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 1483 viewsFenland_Blue

Michael Palin's version of around the world in 80 days is still available through the iPlayer, a much more rewarding programme to watch.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Race Across the World on 11:47 - Mar 16 with 1478 viewsclive_baker

Race Across the World on 11:43 - Mar 16 by Fenland_Blue

Michael Palin's version of around the world in 80 days is still available through the iPlayer, a much more rewarding programme to watch.

I enjoyed that too.

Race Across the World on 11:54 - Mar 16 with 1467 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Yes! Love the concept. Really good.
Race Across the World on 11:55 - Mar 16 with 1461 viewsJakeITFC

A friend of mine wanted me to apply with her to go on it, I think I’d have murdered her within half a day so glad we didn’t.
Race Across the World on 12:00 - Mar 16 with 1454 viewsclive_baker

Race Across the World on 11:55 - Mar 16 by JakeITFC

A friend of mine wanted me to apply with her to go on it, I think I’d have murdered her within half a day so glad we didn’t.

You definitely should next season! Wear a selection of retro town tops throughout it :)

Race Across the World on 14:13 - Mar 16 with 1334 viewslinhdi

That would have made great tv, though a life sentence in a Mexican jail may not be what you had in mind for the next few years!
Login to get fewer ads

Race Across the World on 14:15 - Mar 16 with 1329 viewsStokieBlue

Unless you have absolutely no knowledge of geography they wouldn't have accepted you.

It's quite amazing how little the teams know about the world but it's clearly designed that way.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Race Across the World on 15:31 - Mar 16 with 1278 viewsfabian_illness

It’s a cracking program.
Sad news about the ex forces guy losing the money but not sure his partners heart was really in it.
The mother/son combo really are special, I’d love to see them win it.
Race Across the World on 15:44 - Mar 16 with 1256 viewssundaze

Race Across the World on 15:31 - Mar 16 by fabian_illness

It’s a cracking program.
Sad news about the ex forces guy losing the money but not sure his partners heart was really in it.
The mother/son combo really are special, I’d love to see them win it.

About 10 minutes before the guy lost his money, I said to my son that his partner was starting to get her act together and I would put my money on them to win the race.
That went well for them.
Great program, have to doubt they will start filming for the next season anytime soon though.
Race Across the World on 15:48 - Mar 16 with 1248 viewsDeano69

your description of this years contestants are stop on...

Wonder what happened to that guys money??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Race Across the World on 15:50 - Mar 16 with 1241 viewsDeano69

A chap at work wanted me and him to do this (or hunted). We decided we couldn't be away from work that long, Oh how things have changed!!

Race Across the World on 15:50 - Mar 16 with 1239 viewsEpiphone

Race Across the World on 15:48 - Mar 16 by Deano69

your description of this years contestants are stop on...

Wonder what happened to that guys money??

My wife questioned whether they were looking to bail out of the competition and it was a put up job!
Race Across the World on 16:34 - Mar 16 with 1193 viewsDeano69

Race Across the World on 15:50 - Mar 16 by Epiphone

My wife questioned whether they were looking to bail out of the competition and it was a put up job!

They got 2 free weeks out of it without I guess. Good shout! Pocketed the £1000 ??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024