Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? 15:20 - Mar 16 with 1555 viewsITFC_Forever

Which is kind of what the government seem to assuming?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 15:21 - Mar 16 with 1546 viewsmonytowbray

Assuming is the biggest word here.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 1386 viewsPhilTWTD

There's also the assumption of a second wave, which this chap seems to think isn't a fait accompli and shouldn't be the focus of the Government's approach.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/epidemiologist-britain-her
Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 17:26 - Mar 16 with 1342 viewsGuthrum

There have been suspected cases of re-infection. Possibly from different strains of the virus.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 17:37 - Mar 16 with 1314 viewshampstead_blue

Yep.

I'll have mine now then. The PM has had good coverage this afternoon.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 17:40 - Mar 16 with 1300 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 17:37 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

Yep.

I'll have mine now then. The PM has had good coverage this afternoon.

Lets hope no one slips on a camouflage jacket and claims the opposite. You'll probably explode.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 18:07 - Mar 16 with 1262 viewshampstead_blue

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 17:40 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

Lets hope no one slips on a camouflage jacket and claims the opposite. You'll probably explode.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 18:32 - Mar 16 with 1242 viewsTrequartista

If you think you might have it with mild symptoms, and you self-isolate, and you can't get a test, and you can't see a doctor, how would you know if you've had it?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 18:41 - Mar 16 with 1215 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 18:32 - Mar 16 by Trequartista

If you think you might have it with mild symptoms, and you self-isolate, and you can't get a test, and you can't see a doctor, how would you know if you've had it?

You don’t. A pain yeah?

I don’t know how the mutations will affect things either. Apparently 3 distinct strains have now been identified - a Chinese one, European one and one another? Is that right anyone know? If you have immunity to one, does it apply to the others? [edit a I’ve see Guther’s post above now - I’d have thought reinfection is possible via another strain, as happens with colds or flu, but don’t know for sure].

And if we don’t test, not only do individuals not know, but we deny scientists access to information on strains, antibody development, etc. Collaborative working with datasets from all regions will be key to beating this.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:02]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 01:40 - Mar 17 with 1054 viewsRyorry

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 18:41 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

You don’t. A pain yeah?

I don’t know how the mutations will affect things either. Apparently 3 distinct strains have now been identified - a Chinese one, European one and one another? Is that right anyone know? If you have immunity to one, does it apply to the others? [edit a I’ve see Guther’s post above now - I’d have thought reinfection is possible via another strain, as happens with colds or flu, but don’t know for sure].

And if we don’t test, not only do individuals not know, but we deny scientists access to information on strains, antibody development, etc. Collaborative working with datasets from all regions will be key to beating this.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 19:02]

Maybe I'm being simplistic, but

1. The common cold is also a coronovirus - correct?
2. We don't catch a common cold once in a lifetime only - most people get at least one every year.
3. No cure has yet been found for the common cold.
4. We don't (can't? or don't bother as it's not a killer?) to vaccinate against the common cold.
5. Common colds mostly disappear in summer, and then reappear in autumn/winter with a different strain. Another reason to love UV! (but protect your eyes & skin with shades, suncream etc)

6. last & perhaps most importantly (why is the Govt./NHS not banging out this message?) - the best way for *everybody* to protect themselves against such viruses is (as well as isolation in the short term) - to BOOST their IMMUNE SYSTEMS. Eat more fresh fruit & veg (the things that are apparently most still on the shelves). Get more sleep. Take Vit D supplements (the majority of people in UK, even those on a good diet, are short of this, esp at this time of year). Exercise more in a sensible way. Try relaxation or meditation techniques if you don't already - the current situation is generating an underlying stress for most people I think, on top of what was already there in their lives.

I shall now go and follow my own advice!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 08:40 - Mar 17 with 930 viewsNo9

Bloke on the radio yesterday says this isn't proven, the reverse seems to be the case
Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 900 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Is it actually true that once you've had it, you're then immune? on 08:40 - Mar 17 by No9

Bloke on the radio yesterday says this isn't proven, the reverse seems to be the case

I think the CMO was implying yesterday that any report of re-infection could be an anomaly at this point, much like a person getting chicken pox twice - it is possible but not common.

If re-infection was prevalent in the virus then I think we would have heard of many more examples by now - not saying it is impossible though

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024