Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... 21:53 - Mar 16 with 16664 viewsmonytowbray

Until today I've been quite jokey about people stockpiling food and supplies.
If you're trying to make sanitizer with vodka which is too weak to work then sorry, you're an idiot, you read another idiot online, your problem.
But today I saw someone take literally all of the baby formula from our shelves (absolutely loads) and when a young mother holding her baby asked if she could.maybe have one or two the other told.her no.
We cant behave like this. I'm not saying we should go to a system of rationing but if people keep on with this behaviour we will have riots.
Very soon.

How grim can we be. Don’t do this.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 6840 viewsFoD_Blue

Popped into my local Co-op this evening, and there were toilet rolls on the shelves (not many though) and a good range of pasta, tinned food and most other products.

I think we are now getting to the stage where supply has started to catch up with the stockpilers. Soon the shelves will be back to normal and people will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Hopefully there will be people with garages full of stuff that they couldn't really afford and that they don't know what to do with. Maybe they will learn a lesson about greed.
Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 6829 viewsJ2BLUE

If I worked there I would have gone to find a manager and asked if I could stop it. That's disgraceful.

After today's announcements I think we are going to see mega panic buying over the next few days. People stocking up for themselves and elderly relatives.

I'm going shopping tomorrow but i'll go with a list. If I can't get some stuff then so be it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:01 - Mar 16 with 6822 viewsfooters

Maybe they've got a really big baby?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:03 - Mar 16 with 6804 viewsTrequartista

The directive today for a family to not leave the house for 14 days if someone displays symptoms with the warning "you should not go out, even to buy food or essentials" will, i fear, lead to a lot more of this, starting tomorrow.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:13 - Mar 16 with 6723 viewsGuthrum

There will be formal rationing if this continues much longer. The books and stuff are already printed. Has always been held in readiness since it ended in 1954 - in case of a war, for example.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:15 - Mar 16 with 6693 viewsSamWhiteUK

People, as a whole, suck. They can go and fcck themselves.
Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:15 - Mar 16 with 6688 viewspeterleeblue

Or the army will be at all major supermarkets policing the selfish B****ds
Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:17 - Mar 16 with 6680 viewscatch74

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:01 - Mar 16 by footers

An adult who identifies as a baby possibly? We must remain open minded even during these tough times.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:25 - Mar 16 with 6632 viewsStokieBlue

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:00 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

If I worked there I would have gone to find a manager and asked if I could stop it. That's disgraceful.

After today's announcements I think we are going to see mega panic buying over the next few days. People stocking up for themselves and elderly relatives.

I'm going shopping tomorrow but i'll go with a list. If I can't get some stuff then so be it.

Ocado waiting time is 3 hours just to get on the site now!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:27 - Mar 16 with 6616 viewsJ2BLUE

I've just been sent pictures of Sainsburys Warren Heath. The bread aisle is empty...

As is the kitchen roll/toilet roll aisle.

Incredible scenes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:27 - Mar 16 with 6611 viewsStokieBlue

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:27 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

I've just been sent pictures of Sainsburys Warren Heath. The bread aisle is empty...

As is the kitchen roll/toilet roll aisle.

Incredible scenes.

Get yourself a bread maker off Amazon.

SB

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:30 - Mar 16 with 6584 viewsjeera

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:27 - Mar 16 by StokieBlue

Get yourself a bread maker off Amazon.

SB

That's one thing I keep meaning to buy, is bread flour.

I still have some but it's been kicking about for a while.

Cheap to buy and great to make your own bread at home.

I can't speak for your model, but my machine doesn't cut it the way hand made does.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 6556 viewsbluelagos

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:15 - Mar 16 by SamWhiteUK

People, as a whole, suck. They can go and fcck themselves.

No, they really dont. A small percentage are bahaving like tossers (buying up things so sell on). Another small percentage are worried and panic buying.

But most people are doing neither and many are going out of their way to help neighbours etc.

It can feel like it when you see empty shelves and/or hear some of the stories, but genuinely most people are decent people.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:33 - Mar 16 with 6551 viewsStokieBlue

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:30 - Mar 16 by jeera

I can't speak for your model, but my machine doesn't cut it the way hand made does.

I don't have one, I do sometimes make bread by hand but was considering getting a maker just in case.

Might also be fun.

SB

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:34 - Mar 16 with 6548 viewsmonytowbray

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:13 - Mar 16 by Guthrum

There will be formal rationing if this continues much longer. The books and stuff are already printed. Has always been held in readiness since it ended in 1954 - in case of a war, for example.

So we’re gonna get some cool antique books? Every cloud.

Being in London I think the seriousness of this started to come in last week. This is reality now. I don’t think it had quite sunk in in many rural areas but now it is.

The time we’ve lost over the weekend was a serious failure to prevent spread.

TWTD never forgets…

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:35 - Mar 16 with 6540 viewsfooters

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:17 - Mar 16 by catch74

An adult who identifies as a baby possibly? We must remain open minded even during these tough times.

Once you've weaned Andre the Giant off the breast and onto the bottle you really don't want him switching back!

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:35 - Mar 16 with 6536 viewsmonytowbray

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:33 - Mar 16 by bluelagos

No, they really dont. A small percentage are bahaving like tossers (buying up things so sell on). Another small percentage are worried and panic buying.

But most people are doing neither and many are going out of their way to help neighbours etc.

It can feel like it when you see empty shelves and/or hear some of the stories, but genuinely most people are decent people.

The arseholes always shout loudest though.

(Although I like to think my heart is in the right place despite being a brazen prick at times)

TWTD never forgets…

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:38 - Mar 16 with 6503 viewsStokieBlue

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:34 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

So we’re gonna get some cool antique books? Every cloud.

Being in London I think the seriousness of this started to come in last week. This is reality now. I don’t think it had quite sunk in in many rural areas but now it is.

The time we’ve lost over the weekend was a serious failure to prevent spread.

It's been a bit odd in London, people are WFH so seems empty but then on the weekend everywhere was rammed - parks, shops, restaurants, pubs etc.

Did you see that JC is going to ignore the government advice for over 70's to isolate?

SB

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:38 - Mar 16 with 6500 viewsWeWereZombies

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:30 - Mar 16 by jeera

Not too difficult to make bread by hand and I usually think of someone who gets up my nose when it gets to the ten minutes or so of punching, pounding and generally roughing up the dough. Make sure you have some yeast, butter and salt in too. And pineapple juice if you want to go full Islington.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:40 - Mar 16 with 6487 viewsfooters

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:38 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

Not too difficult to make bread by hand and I usually think of someone who gets up my nose when it gets to the ten minutes or so of punching, pounding and generally roughing up the dough. Make sure you have some yeast, butter and salt in too. And pineapple juice if you want to go full Islington.

Pineapple is so passe, so 2018, dear boy. It's kombucha or bust now.

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:41 - Mar 16 with 6472 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:01 - Mar 16 by footers

Bitty.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:41 - Mar 16 with 6466 viewsbluelagos

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:35 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

The arseholes always shout loudest though.

(Although I like to think my heart is in the right place despite being a brazen prick at times)

Callis you get far too much stick imho.

Some of your posts on CV have been a little ott, but I sense that is down to your anxiety at a worrying time, rather than some agenda (as some seem to think).

Dont beat yourself up and I'd defo suggest turning the news off and trying to chill out at the moment. You can't change govt policy, but you can try and do what is in your best interests. And 24/7 following the developments wont be good for anyone's mental health atm.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:41 - Mar 16 with 6461 viewsjeera

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:33 - Mar 16 by StokieBlue

I don't have one, I do sometimes make bread by hand but was considering getting a maker just in case.

Might also be fun.

SB

Sounds obvious I know, but do check some reviews or get a recommendation.

There's not much wrong with mine as in it does what it says, but I'm not a fan of white bread and the granary mix comes out too heavy. (I don't mean I buy ready-made mixes - I don't), and I find it pays to add a little white flour to lighten it a bit.

But there's other things to consider, like removing the paddles before the baking process, so if you set it up before bed, the next morning you have bread with holes in the bottom.

I have used it many times to make chapati dough though, which I then would roll into balls and freeze for convenience.

Also handy for apple sauce. Mixed results with jams.

Those are only my experiences and there's probably superior efforts out there now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:42 - Mar 16 with 6451 viewssparks

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:38 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

Bread flour is all gone...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 22:45 - Mar 16 with 6413 viewsSarge

Via my housemate who works in a Supermarket... on 21:59 - Mar 16 by FoD_Blue

Popped into my local Co-op this evening, and there were toilet rolls on the shelves (not many though) and a good range of pasta, tinned food and most other products.

I think we are now getting to the stage where supply has started to catch up with the stockpilers. Soon the shelves will be back to normal and people will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Hopefully there will be people with garages full of stuff that they couldn't really afford and that they don't know what to do with. Maybe they will learn a lesson about greed.

I’d like them to learn a lesson but they won’t. Greedy, ignorant human filth will always be just that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024