Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It would be funny in different circumstances. 14:43 - Mar 17 with 1193 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Reported by the Spanish police - there’s a video of someone walking a toy dog being stopped by the police and:
“In some parts of Spain, dog owners are offering their animals for rent to walkers on classified ad website Wallapop. Prices vary, but some are renting their pets for as much as 50 euros (£45; $54) per walk.”

This is the ignorance and irresponsibility that has to be contended with!
It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:45 - Mar 17 with 1148 viewsSouperJim

Come again? To get around quarantine rules?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:48 - Mar 17 with 1124 viewsSouthBucksBlue

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:45 - Mar 17 by SouperJim

Come again? To get around quarantine rules?

Not quarantine. The lockdown. Walking a dog is one of the few allowed reasons for leaving one’s home.
It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:51 - Mar 17 with 1107 viewsRyorry

Jeez - there's no way on this planet I'd let some unknown take my dog anywhere!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:53 - Mar 17 with 1097 viewsGuthrum

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:48 - Mar 17 by SouthBucksBlue

Not quarantine. The lockdown. Walking a dog is one of the few allowed reasons for leaving one’s home.

It is a legitimate concern, being able to take excercise in a lock-down situation. Very few people genuinely sit around doing nothing all the time, enforced idleness is not a good thing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:54 - Mar 17 with 1085 viewshomer_123

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:53 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

It is a legitimate concern, being able to take excercise in a lock-down situation. Very few people genuinely sit around doing nothing all the time, enforced idleness is not a good thing.

Mental wellbeing is going to be a big thing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:55 - Mar 17 with 1079 viewsSouperJim

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:48 - Mar 17 by SouthBucksBlue

It's quarantine, the phrase "lockdown" is media hysteria nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockdown

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:57 - Mar 17 with 1073 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's awful clickbait, but based on this the Spanish police look to have their hands full

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 1041 viewsSouthBucksBlue

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:55 - Mar 17 by SouperJim

It's quarantine, the phrase "lockdown" is media hysteria nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockdown

Quarantine is imposed when entering a geography.
These measures are for existing occupants of a geography.
Call it what you will but it’s not quarantine.
Login to get fewer ads

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 15:16 - Mar 17 with 1013 viewsBlueBadger

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 15:04 - Mar 17 by SouthBucksBlue

Quarantine is imposed when entering a geography.
These measures are for existing occupants of a geography.
Call it what you will but it’s not quarantine.

Strictly speaking, it's only Quarantine when it's the Quarante region of France. Otherwise it's just Sparkling Isolation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 15:16 - Mar 17 with 1000 viewsSouthBucksBlue

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:57 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

It's awful clickbait, but based on this the Spanish police look to have their hands full

Unfortunately a significant proportion of any population are ignorant and irresponsible which I guess is why draconian measures and in some cases punishments for flaunting them have been or will have to be introduced.
It would be funny in different circumstances. on 16:26 - Mar 17 with 921 viewsRyorry

It would be funny in different circumstances. on 14:54 - Mar 17 by homer_123

Mental wellbeing is going to be a big thing.

I'm afraid my first thought when it was initially announced that 70+s were going to be asked to go, in effect, into solitary confinement (for those living alone) under house arrest for up to 4 months, was that while this might help the NHS be less overwhelmed for non-psychiatric resources, it would be likely to increase demand for the psychiatric ones, and quite possibly lead to an increase in deaths from suicide too. Scary balancing act.

I'm quite good in my own company, but there are limits. Phone & internet are all v. well, but not the same as actually meeting & speaking with people in the flesh - it's almost as though you need to do that at least once a day to validate that you are actually alive! Thought that was just me, but when chatting with a few other people (in person!) yesterday, was quite surprised to find that they all felt exactly the same.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024