Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) 15:20 - Mar 17 with 2546 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 17 with 2530 viewsjeera

Any chance of some context to that?!

Or a link or something.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:26 - Mar 17 with 2496 viewsOldsmoker

Laura is neither poor or old.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 17 with 2464 viewsGeoffSentence

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 17 by jeera

Or a link or something.

I'm sorry. I too hate contextless posts and should have added some info in order not to fall into that trap.

I haven't seen the full report but she is being widely slated for saying that

"the science has changed"

A lot of people hammering her on the grounds that:

A) The science has not change, but the government's interpretation of it and response to it has changed
B) She is a tory and in particular Boris Johnson lickspittle.

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 17 with 2461 viewsLankHenners

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 17 by jeera

Or a link or something.

It seems to be around her saying "the science has changed" on the news in reference to the government's response to the outbreak. Haven't seen and can't find the clip in full context but that bit of it alone doesn't look good.

I think people are angry that it seems to be a comment which defends the government whilst holding the views of the public to account where, given she's a senior journalist, it should be the other way around. Follows on from her behaviour during the election which wasn't great and was of a similar tone.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:32 - Mar 17 with 2432 viewsGuthrum

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 17 by GeoffSentence

I'm sorry. I too hate contextless posts and should have added some info in order not to fall into that trap.

A) The science has not change, but the government's interpretation of it and response to it has changed

Is she a Tory? Lots of posters on the Telegraph comments were hammering her during the election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:34 - Mar 17 with 2406 viewsjeera

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

It seems to be around her saying "the science has changed" on the news in reference to the government's response to the outbreak. Haven't seen and can't find the clip in full context but that bit of it alone doesn't look good.

I think people are angry that it seems to be a comment which defends the government whilst holding the views of the public to account where, given she's a senior journalist, it should be the other way around. Follows on from her behaviour during the election which wasn't great and was of a similar tone.

BBC bias huh?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:35 - Mar 17 with 2397 viewsGeoffSentence

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:32 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

Is she a Tory? Lots of posters on the Telegraph comments were hammering her during the election.

I don't know. To this slightly left of centre, pinko, commie, liberal snowflake she seems to lean towards the tories. But whether she is or not that is the gist of the criticism she is getting. And there is a lot of it.

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:47 - Mar 17 with 2310 viewsN2_Blue

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:32 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

she's definitely a Tory as far as I'm aware

I think her coverage of Brexit was pretty poor when it came to asking the real hardline questions that would have been awkward. She didn't want to be seen to make the government uncomfortable, probably for fear of losing access but that is her job, and an important one at that.

I'm really not a fan of hers....purely from a reporting and professional perspective

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:49 - Mar 17 with 2291 viewsBlueBadger

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:47 - Mar 17 by N2_Blue

she's definitely a Tory as far as I'm aware

I think her coverage of Brexit was pretty poor when it came to asking the real hardline questions that would have been awkward. She didn't want to be seen to make the government uncomfortable, probably for fear of losing access but that is her job, and an important one at that.

I'm really not a fan of hers....purely from a reporting and professional perspective

That's not a bias issue, that's one of professionalism and basic competence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 2248 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've no idea, but there's a rather amusing video of her looking adoringly at Boris on an old press conference. I think she's got Boriis' trust by the looks of it, whatever her views are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 2248 viewsLankHenners

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:49 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

That's not a bias issue, that's one of professionalism and basic competence.

Her problem (and it's not just her) is that in wanting to gain and keep the high level of access she has, she forgets what her job really is, which leads to accusations that she's a government mouthpiece. A difficult balancing act and difficult to do when you represent and report on behalf of the biggest national broadcaster which is strictly bound to rules on due impartiality, but to be frank the way she conducts herself does leave her open to criticism.

I wouldn't say there was clear bias but the above can give it subconsciously. The most egregious example is when her, Peston and a few other senior reporters/editors all reported that an 'assault' on a Tory MP's agent had taken place outside a hospital because a 'Conservative source' told them so, even though there was video footage widely being shared online of the incident which was nothing more than 2 people not looking what they were doing bumping into each other. That's not journalism.

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:01 - Mar 17 with 2212 viewsBlueBadger

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:56 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

Her problem (and it's not just her) is that in wanting to gain and keep the high level of access she has, she forgets what her job really is, which leads to accusations that she's a government mouthpiece. A difficult balancing act and difficult to do when you represent and report on behalf of the biggest national broadcaster which is strictly bound to rules on due impartiality, but to be frank the way she conducts herself does leave her open to criticism.

I wouldn't say there was clear bias but the above can give it subconsciously. The most egregious example is when her, Peston and a few other senior reporters/editors all reported that an 'assault' on a Tory MP's agent had taken place outside a hospital because a 'Conservative source' told them so, even though there was video footage widely being shared online of the incident which was nothing more than 2 people not looking what they were doing bumping into each other. That's not journalism.

Again, that's a failure of due diligence and professionalism, I'd argue. 24-hour rolling news and social media churn fuels it with its constant need for something to be happening ALL THE TIME.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 16:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 17 with 2188 viewsLankHenners

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:01 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Again, that's a failure of due diligence and professionalism, I'd argue. 24-hour rolling news and social media churn fuels it with its constant need for something to be happening ALL THE TIME.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 16:02]

That's what I said.

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:14 - Mar 17 with 2134 viewsBlueBadger

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 17 by LankHenners

That's what I said.

YES WELL I SAID IT AGAIN

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:19 - Mar 17 with 2096 viewsmonytowbray

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 17 by GeoffSentence

Whereas on here you point out the opposite and get hammered

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:21 - Mar 17 with 2080 viewsmonytowbray

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 15:35 - Mar 17 by GeoffSentence

I don't know. To this slightly left of centre, pinko, commie, liberal snowflake she seems to lean towards the tories. But whether she is or not that is the gist of the criticism she is getting. And there is a lot of it.

My fav part during the election was the tongue slip when she said “If Johnson gets the majority he so deserves.”

The mask slipped and she’s still there.

Had no problem bashing Corbyn if he dare even fart though.

TWTD never forgets…

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:22 - Mar 17 with 2076 viewsMattinLondon

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:19 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

Whereas on here you point out the opposite and get hammered

That’s because everyone is out to get you.
Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:26 - Mar 17 with 2047 viewsmonytowbray

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:22 - Mar 17 by MattinLondon

That’s because everyone is out to get you.

There’s a few on here that agree.

TWTD never forgets…

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 17:10 - Mar 17 with 1940 viewsBloomBlue

She'll be fine she won't let a load of weirdos on twitter worry her, twitter is irrelevant.
Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 17:13 - Mar 17 with 1926 viewsGeoffSentence

Poor old Laura Kuenssgurg is taking a bit of a twitter battering today. (n/t) on 16:21 - Mar 17 by monytowbray

My fav part during the election was the tongue slip when she said “If Johnson gets the majority he so deserves.”

The mask slipped and she’s still there.

Had no problem bashing Corbyn if he dare even fart though.

That was the one I was trying to remember, I knew she had slipped up during the election campaign but couldn't remember how.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024