Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some firms won't survive. 17:02 - Mar 17 with 1455 viewshampstead_blue

Here is one which has been tottering for a long time.
It has to be let go or stripped and start again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51927691

When we talk of allowing some Zombie firms to fail, this is the example I have in mind.
Fuelled by low interest rates and high gearing. Badly run.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some firms won't survive. on 17:09 - Mar 17 with 1403 viewsbaxterbasics

This is why I hope there is no blanket bailing out of business in the coming weeks and months. Not all were fit to begin with, in cases like this you are just prolonging the inevitable.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Some firms won't survive. on 17:11 - Mar 17 with 1394 viewshampstead_blue

Some firms won't survive. on 17:09 - Mar 17 by baxterbasics

This is why I hope there is no blanket bailing out of business in the coming weeks and months. Not all were fit to begin with, in cases like this you are just prolonging the inevitable.

Hallelujah!
I've been saying this for while but got pushed back.

US Airlines bought their own shares back when they had spare cash rather than build a war chest.
Bad, bad, bad management.

P/S: Keith. Proper gentl Mrs H knew him very well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some firms won't survive. on 17:15 - Mar 17 with 1377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, could well be the final nail in the coffin for many firms that have been struggling for a variety of issues. Seems a bit unfair to let market forces regulate the business landscape as normal, but what do I know. Surely significant help must be forthcoming for government or where are we heading? 5 million self-employed. What's going to happen to them without help?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some firms won't survive. on 19:17 - Mar 17 with 1280 viewsGuthrum

Some firms won't survive. on 17:09 - Mar 17 by baxterbasics

Which is fine, but you're putting people out of a job in the midst of a crisis, rather than at the beginning of a (hoped for) recovery.

Also, in practical terms, by assessing the viability of businesses before funding them, you are adding in a great wadge of bureaucracy and, more importantly, delay for everyone in receiving payment.

A bit like the (entirely apocryphal, but made it into the film) stories of ammunition bearers at the Battle of Isandhlwana being forced by Quartermasters to queue up and go through the correct administrative procedures to get desperately needed supplies of rifle cartridges even as the Zulu army was overwhelming the British line.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some firms won't survive. on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 1175 viewssparks

Quite possible- but they have employees. Lots of them. Worry about that stuff AFTERWARDS. Not now.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Some firms won't survive. on 21:51 - Mar 17 with 1070 viewsjeera

"When we talk of allowing some Zombie firms to fail".

When we talk of...

You mentioned it for the first time yesterday and like the new term it seems to be for you, you seemed determined to use it as much as possible. A bit like your In De Nile nonsense.

These large firms/organizations you keep gleefully referring to that are going down. It's not to be celebrated you fool.

And as for down-voting me for spelling out that small businesses aren't being differentiated from in this latest juvenile obsession of yours.

I can guess that being detached from understanding how some companies operate comes from being told what to do for most of your career.

Probably be more polite to stop it really. Real people are struggling whilst you find it of some amusement. Companies that people have worked hard for and to upkeep.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024