Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? 22:59 - Mar 17 with 3120 viewsdominiciawful

ITFC fans who aren't from Ipswich or the immediate local area, what are your reasons for supporting the Towen?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 23:42 - Mar 17 with 3060 viewsEnigma_Blue

I live in Northern Ireland now but i used to live in Suffolk. I support Ipswich because they are my club and always will be regardless of where I live now or where I might move to in the future
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 23:48 - Mar 17 with 3051 viewsKBsSocks

I was a Man United fan in a family of Man City diehards.
Aged 8.

Then we moved to Suffolk :-D
I became a blue-convert to my Dad's delight,
only it wasn't Sky Blue.

Moved from Suffolk age 11. Still ITFC Blue.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 08:18 - Mar 18 with 2880 viewsBluefish

We would have been the glory supporters alternative choice in the late 70s and early 80s. Probably similar to kids in Man City shirts these days

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 08:27 - Mar 18 with 2862 viewsLeaky

I live near Huntingdon, born in Kesgrave I support Ipswich because my my Dad & Uncle took me to my first game in 1960/1 season. Was also in Hospital with a fracture pelvis when Sir Alf won the 1st Div title.
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 09:08 - Mar 18 with 2841 viewsGuthrum

Father was born in Ipswich, grew up in the westest of West Suffolk (considerably closer to Cambridge United), was nearly nine years old when we won the FA Cup. After a some years of not really paying much attention, having moved across the country, my brother got me back into it. Then I discovered TWTD ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 09:52 - Mar 18 with 2795 viewsBluefish

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 09:08 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

Father was born in Ipswich, grew up in the westest of West Suffolk (considerably closer to Cambridge United), was nearly nine years old when we won the FA Cup. After a some years of not really paying much attention, having moved across the country, my brother got me back into it. Then I discovered TWTD ...

Newmarket?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 2630 viewsCornishMariner

I used to visit Ipswich every Easter. My parents attended a christian convention on Tacket Street each year. In 1980, aged 11, I got invited to go to a match with some friends - it just happened to be Ipswich vs Norwich and we won 4-2. It only took one game to get me hooked and I have followed them ever since. Until I moved to Norfolk, I had seen more away games than home games but now I am season-ticket holder. Despite the slow decline I have never even contemplated supporting any other club.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 21:45 - Mar 18 with 2618 viewsklg199

My dad. He grew up near Wattisham. Took us to our first game. Lost 0-3 to Newcastle in 1975.the rest has been a rollercoaster.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 10:16 - Mar 19 with 2451 viewshector_clifford

From watching the fa cup 3rd round match on television against man utd in I think 1987. I thought we played so well and were really unlucky to lose, and have supported town since then.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:04 - Mar 19 with 2377 viewsBonchosBicycle

I grew up in SE London and my dad was a West Ham fan. But my grandparents lived in Woodbridge and we spent most of our school vacations there.
My dad never took me to football in London but whenever we were up in Suffolk he'd take me down Portman Road. I think it was a good excuse for him to get away from his in-laws tbh.
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:06 - Mar 19 with 2371 viewsMarinerisGod

I like to suffer

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:28 - Mar 19 with 2352 viewsflettonblue

Grew up in haverhill, where there were a lot of London club fans. Family not precious about football ( aside of my mum supporting Brian Clough) so I wasn't forced to any particular teams colours. It was about 1987 and I knew I wanted to support a team in blue and had in my head either Everton ( who must ve been a decent club then) or us, so I chose correctly !

This maybe deserves a different thread- what's the most stupid football question you ve asked? I remember at a time, I must be been about 7, asking my dad if Bryan and Bobby Robson were related !
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:33 - Mar 19 with 2344 viewsJamiebed

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:06 - Mar 19 by MarinerisGod

I like to suffer

Having been born in Islington, but with holiday connections to Suffolk, I spent the first 12 years of my life supporting Arsenal and Ipswich. This changed at 2.59pm, 6th May 1978, when my Dad asked me, 'who I want to win?'. I replied 'Ipswich' making possibly the most foolhardy and expensive decision of my life. A glorious 90 mins, and amazing few years, followed by a whole heap of pain.

I have since moved to Stoke Newington.

Blog: Up and Down, We Follow

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:56 - Mar 19 with 2335 viewsALF

Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 13:33 - Mar 19 by Jamiebed

Having been born in Islington, but with holiday connections to Suffolk, I spent the first 12 years of my life supporting Arsenal and Ipswich. This changed at 2.59pm, 6th May 1978, when my Dad asked me, 'who I want to win?'. I replied 'Ipswich' making possibly the most foolhardy and expensive decision of my life. A glorious 90 mins, and amazing few years, followed by a whole heap of pain.

I have since moved to Stoke Newington.

Moved to Shotley Gate in 82, was a Liverpool fan but didn't take too long to convert!
Non-local Town fans, why do you support Ipswich? on 14:31 - Mar 19 with 2315 viewsParisBlue

Grew up in mid-Sussex late 70s with parents who had no particular alligence to a team and no family association to Suffolk.

So I had to choose a team.

I distinctly remember watching final score and liking the name 'Ipswich'. And I also remember watching SBR being interviewed. He seemed a nice chap.

I'm sure it helped that we won more games than we lost. Plus I liked being unique at school (given where I lived most people followed Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal). My first real memory at 6 years old was being told we beat Millwall 6-1 and the first episode of MOTD I watched (or slept through) was the semi-final. The only bit I remember the most is the sending off and asking why...

I do think SBR has a lot to answer for....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024