Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy 18:56 - Mar 18 with 803 viewsPinewoodblue

Went to collect prescription today. Door locked queue outside. Customers being dealt with one at a time by an assistant wearing mask. Took prescription, locked door, I locked door handed over prescription.

Not that applied to me but they are not taking cash to avoid handling contaminated money. Card payments only.

On to Asda service as usual, apart from lots of empty spaces on the shelfs. Limited bread supplies.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 697 viewsOldsmoker

If your job deals with hundreds of people per day it must be a worry.
A supermarket cashier is having people stood over them so germs everywhere. They are touching items that you have handled so the virus could be passed on like that. Every item on the shelves was stacked by someone who will have touched each item.

I've noticed that the supermarkets seem to be empty of food that requires little preparation. Have people lost the skill of cooking?
If, like me, you cook from the basic ingredients then no problems at the mo, fresh meat and veg seems plentiful - so does frozen veg.
I like Morrisons bread but they had none this pm. The local convenience store has good stocks as the owner won't allow panic buying but there is a mark-up - but I need my toast so I will buy my bread there from now on.

All our daily routines are changing, no-one is unaffected, so I guess we'll all have to muddle through it somehow.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy on 19:24 - Mar 18 with 681 viewsGuthrum

Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy on 19:20 - Mar 18 by Oldsmoker

If your job deals with hundreds of people per day it must be a worry.
A supermarket cashier is having people stood over them so germs everywhere. They are touching items that you have handled so the virus could be passed on like that. Every item on the shelves was stacked by someone who will have touched each item.

I've noticed that the supermarkets seem to be empty of food that requires little preparation. Have people lost the skill of cooking?
If, like me, you cook from the basic ingredients then no problems at the mo, fresh meat and veg seems plentiful - so does frozen veg.
I like Morrisons bread but they had none this pm. The local convenience store has good stocks as the owner won't allow panic buying but there is a mark-up - but I need my toast so I will buy my bread there from now on.

All our daily routines are changing, no-one is unaffected, so I guess we'll all have to muddle through it somehow.

All the fresh meat (bar the most expensive steaks) was gone from the Sainsbury's I was in yesterday. Few bits of salmon in the fish section and one pack of chipolatas out of the sausages.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 652 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Lock out at Stoke Park Pharmacy on 19:24 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

All the fresh meat (bar the most expensive steaks) was gone from the Sainsbury's I was in yesterday. Few bits of salmon in the fish section and one pack of chipolatas out of the sausages.

Exactly this. Tesco and Aldi both out of fish, poultry and meat yesterday evening, apart from a few manky bits of gristlr.
Popping out now with my maybe bag.

Update. Managed to find a couple of sea bass and salmon fillets, a prepacked rump steak.
Dog food and 3 bottles of red so the maybe bag was used.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:34]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024