Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers and School staff 12:44 - Mar 19 with 1336 viewsbentley_blue

I know there are bigger problems in the world right now but will teachers and school staff be on full pay for CV19 school closer? If so how long will this be funded?
Teachers and School staff on 12:47 - Mar 19 with 1295 viewsBlueNomad

Full pay. Schools still open for children of essential workers and vulnerable children.
Teachers and School staff on 12:48 - Mar 19 with 1285 viewsSE1blue

Why do you ask?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Teachers and School staff on 12:50 - Mar 19 with 1267 viewsBlueNomad

Teachers and School staff on 12:47 - Mar 19 by BlueNomad

Full pay. Schools still open for children of essential workers and vulnerable children.

I guess some people are worried that it “wouldn’t be fair” for them to remain on full pay
Teachers and School staff on 12:52 - Mar 19 with 1253 viewsbentley_blue

Teachers and School staff on 12:50 - Mar 19 by BlueNomad

I guess some people are worried that it “wouldn’t be fair” for them to remain on full pay

I 100% would not be one of those people.
Teachers and School staff on 13:02 - Mar 19 with 1224 viewsSE1blue

Teachers and School staff on 12:52 - Mar 19 by bentley_blue

I 100% would not be one of those people.

Good.

Schools are run on a budget - albeit a very poor one. The money has already been allocated for the year, so whether teachers are in or not has no impact on that budget.

Yes, children’s learning will suffer but every single teacher I know is currently spending their time trying to find ways they can implement distance learning successfully for their kids.

I work at a private school for children with special needs. Sadly, some of our parents, who earn 10 times what I earn, are refusing to pay if their child is not physically in school. If they don’t pay, I don’t get paid.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Teachers and School staff on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1194 viewsbentley_blue

Teachers and School staff on 13:02 - Mar 19 by SE1blue

Good.

Schools are run on a budget - albeit a very poor one. The money has already been allocated for the year, so whether teachers are in or not has no impact on that budget.

Yes, children’s learning will suffer but every single teacher I know is currently spending their time trying to find ways they can implement distance learning successfully for their kids.

I work at a private school for children with special needs. Sadly, some of our parents, who earn 10 times what I earn, are refusing to pay if their child is not physically in school. If they don’t pay, I don’t get paid.

With a lot of schools now being academies and owed by private companies I was unsure. Also non teaching staff.
Teachers and School staff on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1194 viewsSpruceMoose

As long as necessary hopefully. For too long the teaching profession hasn't been given enough respect. That really needs to change.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Teachers and School staff on 13:41 - Mar 19 with 1135 viewsFixed_It

Teachers and School staff on 12:47 - Mar 19 by BlueNomad

And setting work for all the others, remote teaching as well as making regular welfare checks.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Teachers and School staff on 14:13 - Mar 19 with 1097 viewssoupytwist

Teachers and School staff on 12:50 - Mar 19 by BlueNomad

Well in the current situation many of them will be doing without part of their much-vaunted extensive holiday entitlement as their school will remain at least partially open during the Easter holidays.

So, they should be entitled to extra money not less.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024