Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American 'flu?! 12:54 - Mar 19 with 1659 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

American 'flu?! on 13:02 - Mar 19 with 1603 viewsGuthrum

Not heard anything about 'epidemiological evidence' that it started in the US.

Also, if the US athletes were there in September, that's a very long time for it to be around undetected before the first Chinese cases came to light at the start of December, given the incubation period is around 5 days.

A perusal of the Amazon summary of the book Mr Cane has written is quite interesting. But doesn't suggest he's an expert in the genetic analysis of infectious diseases.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

American 'flu?! on 13:08 - Mar 19 with 1559 viewsTIB

I believe it's known as "Freedom Flu".

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

American 'flu?! on 13:14 - Mar 19 with 1529 viewsStokieBlue

Don't really think we should be given Chinese communist party propaganda designed to placate their own population airtime do you?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

American 'flu?! on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 1518 viewsGirthyguy

It's obvious that the coronavirus is just part of the American China trade war.

#conspiracy
American 'flu?! on 13:28 - Mar 19 with 1496 viewsghostofescobar

There's some fairly good evidence that the Spanish Flu started in the US (as no more than a point of interest)

GhostOfEscobar

American 'flu?! on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 1472 viewsjeera

American 'flu?! on 13:28 - Mar 19 by ghostofescobar

There's some fairly good evidence that the Spanish Flu started in the US (as no more than a point of interest)

I've seen others say it started in China.

But yes, along the same lines Chinese workers who had travelled to the States but then were drafted to Europe to aid engineering works.

Supposedly there was a small outbreak in China beforehand so the link was made to that.

I'm sure someone will know more.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

American 'flu?! on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 1473 viewsDarth_Koont

I read somewhere that it was called the Spanish flu because Spain released the info about the pandemic first. As a neutral country they had nothing to gain from hiding it whereas all the other countries were involved in the First World War and didn't want to give their enemies hope or damage morale at home.

Pronouns: He/Him

American 'flu?! on 13:38 - Mar 19 with 1460 viewsGuthrum

American 'flu?! on 13:28 - Mar 19 by ghostofescobar

Or China, or France. Either way, it was only called Spanish Flu because it was the first place where the outbreak was publicly identified in Western Europe.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

American 'flu?! on 13:57 - Mar 19 with 1417 viewsRyorry

American 'flu?! on 13:14 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

Don't really think we should be given Chinese communist party propaganda designed to placate their own population airtime do you?

SB

Shoot the messenger why don't you.

American 'flu?! on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 1403 viewsjeera

American 'flu?! on 13:57 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

American 'flu?! on 14:20 - Mar 19 with 1376 viewsStokieBlue

American 'flu?! on 13:57 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Yes, that's exactly what I did if you read my post.

I said don't give them airtime which, as the messenger you did. Why would you think that was a good thing to post? Why would you want to be the messenger?

There are enough conspiracies as it is. Saying "I am just the messenger" isn't enough in this day and age of total nonsense on social media.

It's not really having a go at you - just the concept that social media seems to mean that people don't have any responsibility for things they share which I think is false.

SB
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:23]

American 'flu?! on 14:33 - Mar 19 with 1343 viewsRyorry

American 'flu?! on 14:20 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

Yes, that's exactly what I did if you read my post.

I said don't give them airtime which, as the messenger you did. Why would you think that was a good thing to post? Why would you want to be the messenger?

There are enough conspiracies as it is. Saying "I am just the messenger" isn't enough in this day and age of total nonsense on social media.

It's not really having a go at you - just the concept that social media seems to mean that people don't have any responsibility for things they share which I think is false.

SB
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:23]

Because I have no epidemiological expertise, he is a decent person not a troll, and I had no reason to disbelieve what he wrote.

If you remember, I actually expressed a view on a previous thread that the Chinese were dissembling/incorrectly blaming the USA for the virus; you agreed with me then. Here, you've gone out of your way to attack me because somebody posted what appeared to be a new fact & I'm not sufficiently expert to know enough to contradict him.. Well done.

American 'flu?! on 14:38 - Mar 19 with 1324 viewsBrixtonBlue

American 'flu?! on 13:14 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

SB

You reckon a lot of the Chinese population read the TWTD forum?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

American 'flu?! on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 1303 viewsWeWereZombies

American 'flu?! on 14:38 - Mar 19 by BrixtonBlue

Janoi Donacien to Guangzhou Evergrande F C for two million as soon as the pandemic lockdown lifts.

Def info

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

American 'flu?! on 14:51 - Mar 19 with 1291 viewsStokieBlue

No.

It's also not what I said if you read the post again.

But that doesn't mean a lot of people in the West aren't easily swayed by anything conspiratorial and before you know it's all over the interwebs that the virus from the US and deliberately taken to Wuhan. That then detracts from the actual issues around the virus.

We don't need that type of nonsense, especially not now.

No idea why people are finding this concept hard to understand.

SB
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:54]

American 'flu?! on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 1287 viewsLord_Lucan

Well they reckon 1 in three people in the world are Chinese so out of my friends who post on here I don't know if it is Artbossbeard, RKD or Mr Wu

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

American 'flu?! on 15:10 - Mar 19 with 1244 viewsBlueBadger

Be fair, post Brexit and Trump, there appear to be a fair few Russian secret service plants on here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024