Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown advice..... 19:15 - Mar 19 with 4264 viewsallezlesbleus

Living in France, we are only allowed out to do the essentials, food shopping etc.

I am sure that the UK will be on a similar lockdown in a weeks time at the latest. My advice would be:

1) Stock up on materials to do DIY at home and in the garden. We were told at 8pm on Monday and all the builders merchants / DIY shops were closed on Tuesday. If the lockdown happens, you will be confined for an absolute minimum of 2 weeks, but probably 4 weeks, with the potential to go on for at least 3 months. You will need something to do (if you can't work from home) and this is the perfect time to do those little chores that you have been putting off for months / years.

2) Don't panic buy. The shops here have had more or less everything.....occasionally the odd item might not be available. According to news report, supplies haven't been a problem in Italy either.

Lockdown advice..... on 19:26 - Mar 19 with 3838 viewsJ2BLUE

Few questions if you don't mind...

1) Do you have to go out alone? Or is it ok to go out with someone else to get supplies?

2) Are they doing random stops and checking? Could you go and visit other people in lockdown who haven't shown symptoms for a week etc? I'm thinking of my mum and brother, who live together, not random big groups of mates.

3) How are the stocks of medicines and hand gels?

Cheers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lockdown advice..... on 19:31 - Mar 19 with 3815 viewshype313

Lockdown advice..... on 19:26 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

1) Do you have to go out alone? Or is it ok to go out with someone else to get supplies?

2) Are they doing random stops and checking? Could you go and visit other people in lockdown who haven't shown symptoms for a week etc? I'm thinking of my mum and brother, who live together, not random big groups of mates.

Cheers.

From what I've seen of friends currently in France, you have to fill in a form even for walking the dog, so it's pretty stringent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lockdown advice..... on 19:38 - Mar 19 with 3800 viewsallezlesbleus

Lockdown advice..... on 19:26 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Cheers.

1) You can only go out alone.

You must complete a form, stating your name, address, date of birth and the address that you are residing at during the lockdown.

You can tick one of 4 options:

a) going to / from an essential place of work
b) to buy food, petrol, tobacco or visit the bank or pharmacy
c) medical reason - Coronavirus test, doctor or hospital visit
d) short excursion, near to your residence, such as jogging, or walking a dog.

All activities must be done alone. 2 or more people are not allowed to go in the car together. You can only exercise alone, if off your premises.

2) They are doing random stops (police and army). The fine started off at 35 euros, but has since been raised to a maximum of 375 euros because so many people ignored it on the first day. You are not allowed to visit anyone, including family.

3) I bought some pain relief tablets without any issues, but haven't needed to buy hand gel...….I haven't heard of anyone not being able to obtain them
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 19:39]
Lockdown advice..... on 19:43 - Mar 19 with 3764 viewsGirthyguy

Does alcohol come under essentials? I'm assuming if the shops got it you can't buy it right?
Lockdown advice..... on 19:44 - Mar 19 with 3755 viewsfooters

Don't worry about us. We're the nation of the stiff upper lip and 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. It's those Europeans who get all hot-headed and melodramatic over such trifles.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lockdown advice..... on 19:44 - Mar 19 with 3755 viewsallezlesbleus

Lockdown advice..... on 19:43 - Mar 19 by Girthyguy

Does alcohol come under essentials? I'm assuming if the shops got it you can't buy it right?

Yes......all the supermarkets sell alcohol, so that is easy to buy, thank God! Struggle to get Ghostship out here though and I was due to be back for the Pompey game this weekend to restock, which has left my supplies dangerously low!
Lockdown advice..... on 19:46 - Mar 19 with 3750 viewsLord_Lucan

Good advice - although I will do the opposite and ensure that I haven't got any DIY materials and I will make sure that I leave my drill at work.

I spoke to my Italian correspondent today and it seems people are getting fed up and starting to jaywalk. Army are trying to keep control.

Their stocks of things are also ok apart from a few medical items that probably come from China or India.

Stay safe Allez

Edit; I cleared the Co-op shelves of Ghost Ship last night and today I have had to buy a mixed bottle pack which unfortunately contains Broadside so I'll throw that in the bin.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 19:49]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lockdown advice..... on 19:58 - Mar 19 with 3701 viewsJ2BLUE

Lockdown advice..... on 19:38 - Mar 19 by allezlesbleus

1) You can only go out alone.

You must complete a form, stating your name, address, date of birth and the address that you are residing at during the lockdown.

You can tick one of 4 options:

a) going to / from an essential place of work
b) to buy food, petrol, tobacco or visit the bank or pharmacy
c) medical reason - Coronavirus test, doctor or hospital visit
d) short excursion, near to your residence, such as jogging, or walking a dog.

All activities must be done alone. 2 or more people are not allowed to go in the car together. You can only exercise alone, if off your premises.

2) They are doing random stops (police and army). The fine started off at 35 euros, but has since been raised to a maximum of 375 euros because so many people ignored it on the first day. You are not allowed to visit anyone, including family.

3) I bought some pain relief tablets without any issues, but haven't needed to buy hand gel...….I haven't heard of anyone not being able to obtain them
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 19:39]

Thank you.

Is that an online form or does it need to be printed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown advice..... on 20:03 - Mar 19 with 3672 viewsPinewoodblue

Lockdown advice..... on 19:46 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

Good advice - although I will do the opposite and ensure that I haven't got any DIY materials and I will make sure that I leave my drill at work.

I spoke to my Italian correspondent today and it seems people are getting fed up and starting to jaywalk. Army are trying to keep control.

Their stocks of things are also ok apart from a few medical items that probably come from China or India.

Stay safe Allez

Edit; I cleared the Co-op shelves of Ghost Ship last night and today I have had to buy a mixed bottle pack which unfortunately contains Broadside so I'll throw that in the bin.

Order online from Adnams. I’m sure you will want to order enough to avoid postage costs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lockdown advice..... on 21:59 - Mar 19 with 3478 viewsallezlesbleus

Lockdown advice..... on 19:58 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Thank you.

Is that an online form or does it need to be printed?

Either would suffice. I wouldn't trust myself to get it right on my phone, so have a printed form with me when I go out.

Edited: I've just read that the form has to be printed...….they are working on people being able to use their smartphones from Monday.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 8:02]
Lockdown advice..... on 22:01 - Mar 19 with 3477 viewsElderGrizzly

This is interesting reading from Italy on what not to do

https://www.insider.com/coronavirus-italian-mom-and-these-are-the-mistakes-we-ma
Lockdown advice..... on 22:03 - Mar 19 with 3468 viewsjeera

Lockdown advice..... on 21:59 - Mar 19 by allezlesbleus

Either would suffice. I wouldn't trust myself to get it right on my phone, so have a printed form with me when I go out.

Edited: I've just read that the form has to be printed...….they are working on people being able to use their smartphones from Monday.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 8:02]

Are you fluent?

Do you need to be?

Have you been there long?

What took you there?

Are you with a French lass?

What did you have for dinner?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lockdown advice..... on 22:12 - Mar 19 with 3423 viewsallezlesbleus

Lockdown advice..... on 22:03 - Mar 19 by jeera

Are you fluent?

Do you need to be?

Have you been there long?

What took you there?

Are you with a French lass?

What did you have for dinner?

No, but can understand enough most of the time

Depending where you are, you don't need to be fluent, but the better your French, the better you will get on

Yep, 16 years...…..but live in the middle of nowhere and can go a week without seeing anyone

Got bored of the rat race in England so bought somewhere cheap and spent a few years renovating it

No, a South African lass

BBQ - home made burgers, chicken drumsticks (mostly for the kids) and some Suffolk sausages...…...washed down with a couple of cans of Ghostship
Lockdown advice..... on 22:25 - Mar 19 with 3365 viewsFtnfwest

Stay safe Allez

How dare you
Lockdown advice..... on 22:44 - Mar 19 with 3345 viewsMelford

Stay safe Allez

Getting weed is going to be a nightmare if we're on lockdown.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Lockdown advice..... on 09:42 - Mar 20 with 3112 viewsLord_Lucan

Lockdown advice..... on 22:12 - Mar 19 by allezlesbleus

No, but can understand enough most of the time

Depending where you are, you don't need to be fluent, but the better your French, the better you will get on

Yep, 16 years...…..but live in the middle of nowhere and can go a week without seeing anyone

Got bored of the rat race in England so bought somewhere cheap and spent a few years renovating it

No, a South African lass

BBQ - home made burgers, chicken drumsticks (mostly for the kids) and some Suffolk sausages...…...washed down with a couple of cans of Ghostship

Have you got a lake that I could come over and fish in?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Lockdown advice..... on 13:16 - Mar 20 with 3013 viewsjeera

Lockdown advice..... on 09:42 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Have you got a lake that I could come over and fish in?

Bulgaria's the place for a cheap retreat and good fishing.

Just a bit further afield mind.

Lockdown advice..... on 13:21 - Mar 20 with 2994 viewsSharkey

According to the Guardian’s account of the French lockdown this morning, it said you can go out to get some exercise. Is that not right? (quite a significant difference, surely)
Lockdown advice..... on 13:25 - Mar 20 with 2980 viewsLord_Lucan

Lockdown advice..... on 13:16 - Mar 20 by jeera

Bulgaria's the place for a cheap retreat and good fishing.

Just a bit further afield mind.

My Uncle lives there!

Lockdown advice..... on 13:27 - Mar 20 with 2977 viewsjeera

Lockdown advice..... on 13:25 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

My Uncle lives there!

You're bored aren't you.

Lockdown advice..... on 13:30 - Mar 20 with 2967 viewsLord_Lucan

Lockdown advice..... on 13:27 - Mar 20 by jeera

You're bored aren't you.

I'm now going home!

Lockdown advice..... on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 2907 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lockdown advice..... on 22:44 - Mar 19 by Melford

Getting weed is going to be a nightmare if we're on lockdown.

Be thankful it isn't heroin....poor bastards!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lockdown advice..... on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 2829 viewsallezlesbleus

Lockdown advice..... on 13:21 - Mar 20 by Sharkey

According to the Guardian’s account of the French lockdown this morning, it said you can go out to get some exercise. Is that not right? (quite a significant difference, surely)

You can fill in a form, which allows you to go out to exercise......but you must be alone. You can't go for a walk, run, bike ride etc with a family member who is living in the same house as you.
Lockdown advice..... on 18:04 - Mar 20 with 2815 viewsmr_bean

Stay safe Allez

You could always use the Broadside to wash your hands with
Lockdown advice..... on 18:36 - Mar 20 with 2806 viewssolemio

Sorry if I've missed this, but clearly young children can't go out on their own. How is this dealt with?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024