Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crypto Currency 20:59 - Mar 19 with 855 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Could the UK issue a crypto / virtual currency via an app to pay for food and drink. It would be limited and would expire once the current measures are over.

Freeze all mortgages, and cease rents.

If people have food and shelter, that's the necessities covered.

People could then survive reasonably with a much reduced wage.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 20:59]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Crypto Currency on 21:15 - Mar 19 with 788 viewsmos

I definitely think there’s a potential use for crypto currency. If the government were to introduce one use food vouchers you would end up creating a secondary market in which food vouchers could be bought and sold. This could be avoided by the use of a crypto currency.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Crypto Currency on 21:20 - Mar 19 with 780 viewsWeWereZombies

Crypto Currency on 21:15 - Mar 19 by mos

I definitely think there’s a potential use for crypto currency. If the government were to introduce one use food vouchers you would end up creating a secondary market in which food vouchers could be bought and sold. This could be avoided by the use of a crypto currency.

Why bother with a currency at all? If the idea is to make sure that everyone if alright and surviving adequately would it not be better to have a Government department to distribute pooled resources.

But would you manage that according to personal needs or personal wants - or just dollop out an equal measure to everyone and let them get on with making do as best they could?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Crypto Currency on 21:30 - Mar 19 with 772 viewsStokieBlue

Doesn't that basically mean that people who keep their jobs will have a nest egg to use when the crisis is over that others won't have?

It certainly won't help with equality.

There does need to be help though, should it be targeted or should it be "fair"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Crypto Currency on 21:31 - Mar 19 with 763 viewsmos

Crypto Currency on 21:20 - Mar 19 by WeWereZombies

Why bother with a currency at all? If the idea is to make sure that everyone if alright and surviving adequately would it not be better to have a Government department to distribute pooled resources.

But would you manage that according to personal needs or personal wants - or just dollop out an equal measure to everyone and let them get on with making do as best they could?

I was going to suggest that.

But I agree, if things do get dire (which to an extent they are) then the government could distribute food packages necessary for survival.

Would this replace supermarkets? Or would the government essentially become the supermarkets sole customer and then distribute to the population, otherwise you risk supermarkets going bankrupt too.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Crypto Currency on 21:36 - Mar 19 with 751 viewsWeWereZombies

Crypto Currency on 21:31 - Mar 19 by mos

I was going to suggest that.

But I agree, if things do get dire (which to an extent they are) then the government could distribute food packages necessary for survival.

Would this replace supermarkets? Or would the government essentially become the supermarkets sole customer and then distribute to the population, otherwise you risk supermarkets going bankrupt too.

It might take the stigma of using a food bank away if everyone had to use a food bank. And then, instead of being a little cordoned off area by the entrance, the food bank would be the entire supermarket. I am really loving this idea, imagine everyone who shops at the M&S Food Hall being a food bank user...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024