Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? 08:49 - Mar 20 with 2857 viewsDanTheMan

My sister told me last night a friend of hers called her in tears.

Went to a bunch of shops, couldn't find baby milk. Finally saw one but just as she got there an old couple picked it up.

She asked whether that was for a child, and they said it wasn't, but they wanted to make sure they had some milk for their tea.

They refused to let her have it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 08:51 - Mar 20 with 2529 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

A work colleague of mine went on a massive rant about people hoarding and panic buying and how it was disgusting that people were taking from the elderly and needy and stockpiling and these people were scum.

Almost in the next breath she confirmed she was okay as her elderly dad who didn’t need anything had gone shopping first thing when they opened up for over 70’s and bought her everything that she needed.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:02 - Mar 20 with 2466 viewsblueislander

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 08:51 - Mar 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A work colleague of mine went on a massive rant about people hoarding and panic buying and how it was disgusting that people were taking from the elderly and needy and stockpiling and these people were scum.

Almost in the next breath she confirmed she was okay as her elderly dad who didn’t need anything had gone shopping first thing when they opened up for over 70’s and bought her everything that she needed.

This is really not that difficult to overcome . The supermarkets just have to control it at the check-outs.
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:05 - Mar 20 with 2444 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mentioned it before but....the person in Tescos who was told they could only buy 2 Disney princess characters!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:07 - Mar 20 with 2430 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:02 - Mar 20 by blueislander

This is really not that difficult to overcome . The supermarkets just have to control it at the check-outs.

They are, tesco are enforcing a 3 limit on all products. I had 2 packs of mince and 2 chickens and had to return one as the limit is on food types. (Fresh meat in this case)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:12 - Mar 20 with 2406 viewsGluedtoBlue

We've also had a friend who hasn't been able to get formula for their young baby.

People stockpiling that stuff are selfish a*******s. It last ages as it is.

Did you see there is a pharmacy chain in Birmingham area that has pumped their prices? £9.99 for a pack of paracetamol and £19.99 for infant calpol.

Mental. The good news is, they'll see a bump now because people will feel it an essential buy but when this settles down people will surely refuse to use them.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:13 - Mar 20 with 2403 viewsRobTheMonk

There's a cleaner at the school that Madge works at who you'd probably classify as vulnerable. She's been really upset as she doesn't drive and the nearest shop is a 20 minute walk to which she was saying "There's no point in me going because everything I want will probably not be there". She only wanted things like bread, milk and some pasta. Madge and I went and got her some and drove back to school to give it her (minus bread as there wasn't any). She burst into tears bless her. Burst into tears because we bought her some pasta and milk. It's a sad state of affairs when someone is crying because someone has given them a pack of pasta and a pint of milk.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 9:55]
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:18 - Mar 20 with 2381 viewsPhilTWTD

Bloke who delivered our shopping last week said one chap had gone back to their shop and returned 19 cans of baked beans as he said he didn't have room for them in his loft.
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 2330 viewshype313

If that's the mentality, then I fear for pregnant women walking around.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 2324 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:12 - Mar 20 by GluedtoBlue

We've also had a friend who hasn't been able to get formula for their young baby.

People stockpiling that stuff are selfish a*******s. It last ages as it is.

Did you see there is a pharmacy chain in Birmingham area that has pumped their prices? £9.99 for a pack of paracetamol and £19.99 for infant calpol.

Mental. The good news is, they'll see a bump now because people will feel it an essential buy but when this settles down people will surely refuse to use them.

Some chemists are doing the same sort of thing round here too. I think they ought to be careful personally - people have long memories and emotions might get the better of some sooner than that.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 9:24]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 2285 viewsWeWereZombies

Not panic buying but a panic loan attempt, back in January...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:05 - Mar 20 with 2182 viewssoupytwist

My wife stopped off on the way home at the local Co-Op to get a little something for six of her colleagues at work who had been especially helpful in the past couple of days. Decided that a Lindt bunny would be a nice thing to get them. Purchase of any item limited to four!

So she's gone back to the same shop this morning on the way in to work to buy the other two.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 10:06]
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:14 - Mar 20 with 2139 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:18 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

Bloke who delivered our shopping last week said one chap had gone back to their shop and returned 19 cans of baked beans as he said he didn't have room for them in his loft.

People who have hoarded should be identified (CCTV, card payment details etc) and banned from all shops until it's reasonable to assume they've eaten all the food/used all the loo rolls.

Or for ten years, whichever is the longer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:19 - Mar 20 with 2114 viewsDeano69

Not sure where i saw it, but i like the idea that pricing for multiple is expensive. e.g.

one pack of bog rolls - £5 (sorry no idea what they really cost, but lets say normal price)
two packs - £25

Yes, i know people will just return to the shop at another till, but it would at least stop shelves clearing instantly

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 2073 viewsDyland

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:18 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 2070 viewsDyland

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:14 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

People who have hoarded should be identified (CCTV, card payment details etc) and banned from all shops until it's reasonable to assume they've eaten all the food/used all the loo rolls.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:37 - Mar 20 with 2045 viewsEly_Blue

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:02 - Mar 20 by blueislander

But they aren’t even doing that, my wife went into a Sainsbury’s store in the centre of Cambridge yesterday and clearly overheard the cashier saying to a woman who was trying to buy more than 2 of a restricted item “but I can only sell you 2 of those AT A TIME” in a manner that implied that she could only sell her 2 in 1 transaction, whereby straight afterwards she then put another 2 of the same product through the till in a new transaction. The woman didn’t even leave the store and go out and come back in.

What hope is there if the store staff are flouting their own company guidelines?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Madness in Tescos on 10:39 - Mar 20 with 2031 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 09:05 - Mar 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Mentioned it before but....the person in Tescos who was told they could only buy 2 Disney princess characters!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:50 - Mar 20 with 1995 viewsLankHenners

Local co-op has introduced a maximum of 2 units per item limit. Was in there yesterday just to grab some milk and see if they had any other basic stuff and the lady at the till was saying they’ve had problems with whole families turning up, buying loads of stuff and just placing the dividers strategically so each ‘section’ doesn’t exceed the limit. The same people then turn up later in the day and do the same at different tills to avoid being ‘caught’. Apparently they had one woman who kicked up a right stink after she was told after her 6th trip on the same day to stop it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 11:17 - Mar 20 with 1929 viewsJohnny_Boy

Somebody on my social media feed placed an online supermarket order 2wks ago.
Of the 40 items she purchased, 35 were either ‘replaced’ with ‘different or similar’ products - or just missing.

Unfortunately, the missing items were toilet paper, toothpaste, milk, bread, bottled water & pretty much everything useful.
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 11:23 - Mar 20 with 1907 viewsfactual_blue

I'm currently imaging the Venn diagram mapping 'leave voters' and 'people who are hoarding'....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 11:23 - Mar 20 with 1894 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 10:14 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

Hey the world's finally found the correct place for your hardcore adherence to rules!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 11:25]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 12:19 - Mar 20 with 1793 viewsSWGF

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 11:23 - Mar 20 by factual_blue

I'm currently imaging the Venn diagram mapping 'leave voters' and 'people who are hoarding'....

Anecdotally, there appears to be no difference between "leave voters" and "people who are ignoring the advice to avoid pubs, restaurants, etc".

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 12:28 - Mar 20 with 1757 viewsMullet

Went to the market and Tescos today.

The poor butcher looked stressed out of his head as he was making lots of money and being picked clean, but people are shouting stuff at him in the queue as he's trying to push stuff through the mincer and add up etc.

One stall was abandoned because someone had told the lady M&S had loo roll so she ran round there.

Tesco was just weird and depressing. A woman in a dust mask that had clearly been used for DIY and wasn't clean, loads of empty shelves and people pushing. A woman with a newborn was really embarrassed and apologetic for holding the queue up, but in fairness she did refuse my help so I don't think she was anything other than tired and stressed by it all.

I can't believe how so many people are acting frankly. Well I can, but I hate seeing it. One young lad was clearly helping his grand round but there were definitely some elderly people on their own looking lost and staff were too busy stacking to check on them.

I fear it's not even got going yet too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 12:44 - Mar 20 with 1702 viewstractorboy1978

How long before people's allotments start getting raided?
Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 12:49 - Mar 20 with 1690 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got any stupid panic buying stories then? on 12:28 - Mar 20 by Mullet

Went to the market and Tescos today.

The poor butcher looked stressed out of his head as he was making lots of money and being picked clean, but people are shouting stuff at him in the queue as he's trying to push stuff through the mincer and add up etc.

One stall was abandoned because someone had told the lady M&S had loo roll so she ran round there.

Tesco was just weird and depressing. A woman in a dust mask that had clearly been used for DIY and wasn't clean, loads of empty shelves and people pushing. A woman with a newborn was really embarrassed and apologetic for holding the queue up, but in fairness she did refuse my help so I don't think she was anything other than tired and stressed by it all.

I can't believe how so many people are acting frankly. Well I can, but I hate seeing it. One young lad was clearly helping his grand round but there were definitely some elderly people on their own looking lost and staff were too busy stacking to check on them.

I fear it's not even got going yet too.

This crisis is at least exposing what a bunch selfish w@nkers we are. No one should have more than a couple of week's worth in the cupboards (in case of self-isolating).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024