Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny................. 12:13 - Mar 20 with 2930 viewsBlueNomad

how public sector workers, who have been denigrated and had their income reduced over the past ten years, are now national heroes. Is it too much to hope that perhaps in future they are treated with more respect by those who work in the private sector and think they are pampered?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 12:21]
Funny................. on 16:58 - Mar 20 with 1164 viewsIP4_Blue

Funny................. on 16:54 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

NHS employees are working from home?

read my previous reply I'm not talking about NHS employees local authority workers
Funny................. on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 1156 viewsIP4_Blue

Funny................. on 16:57 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

Good attempted troll.

Got in the big city, dull job and hated job.

Given your general standard of English I fear for your clients if you are an accountant.

SB

i'm from Essex where we all mostly work in London, live in Ipswich now have done for past few years. I like my job thanks and it's not dull. Just because someone has an different opinion you don't like it, very much like the lefties
Funny................. on 17:01 - Mar 20 with 1145 viewsfooters

Good attempted troll.

Given your general standard of English I fear for your clients if you are an accountant.

SB

'Accountant' would fit as a description if you removed five letters.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Funny................. on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 1149 viewsBlueBadger

Funny................. on 16:58 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

read my previous reply I'm not talking about NHS employees local authority workers

NHS employees are public sector workers. You've said nothing about local authority workers. Possibly because you can't spell it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Funny................. on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 1139 viewsfooters

Funny................. on 17:00 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

i'm from Essex where we all mostly work in London, live in Ipswich now have done for past few years. I like my job thanks and it's not dull. Just because someone has an different opinion you don't like it, very much like the lefties

You barely seem able to string a sentence together, let alone be put in charge of others' finances.

No offence.

Funny................. on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 1138 viewsIP4_Blue

Funny................. on 17:02 - Mar 20 by footers

You barely seem able to string a sentence together, let alone be put in charge of others' finances.

No offence.

like I said earlier i'm rushing
Funny................. on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 1124 viewsfooters

Funny................. on 17:03 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

*lying

Funny................. on 17:12 - Mar 20 with 1118 viewsEireannach_gorm

Good attempted troll.

SB

Turf Accountant.
Login to get fewer ads

Funny................. on 17:29 - Mar 20 with 1104 viewsleitrimblue

Funny................. on 17:03 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

Very good MDMA? Perhaps come back to this when you less high
Funny................. on 17:31 - Mar 20 with 1099 viewsjeera

Funny................. on 17:29 - Mar 20 by leitrimblue

Very good MDMA? Perhaps come back to this when you less high

I think he means like ex-Soviet Union.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Funny................. on 17:38 - Mar 20 with 1095 viewsleitrimblue

Funny................. on 17:31 - Mar 20 by jeera

I think he means like ex-Soviet Union.

Ahh, makes more sense jeera. Partly explains the poor punctuation as well. My apologies
Funny................. on 17:49 - Mar 20 with 1085 viewsChurchman

Funny................. on 16:32 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

Public sector workers do not live in the real world come home when they want no real deadlines as they don't make money like in the private sector, too many had it too easy in the public sector

You are wrong. I have worked in the private sector and the public sector. I have met lazy and incompetent people in both. I’ve also been lucky enough to meet many dedicated excellent people in both, some paid well, others not.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:58 - Mar 22 with 996 viewstrueblue1970

Funny................. on 16:46 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

of course I appreciate the NHS staff but they are always going to be underpaid, the consultants, staff are brilliant I know from first hand with my sons, they are not lazy i'm talking more talking about council workers, who work the hours they like, it's a joke and they don't live in the real world

Funny................. on 16:40 - Mar 22 with 988 viewsLeaky

Funny................. on 17:49 - Mar 20 by Churchman

You are wrong. I have worked in the private sector and the public sector. I have met lazy and incompetent people in both. I’ve also been lucky enough to meet many dedicated excellent people in both, some paid well, others not.

I think you just nailed it. Peoples work ethic doesn't change due to who they work for however, probably easier for some to hide in a large organization .
Funny................. on 16:05 - Mar 23 with 921 viewsBlueBadger

Funny................. on 16:40 - Mar 22 by Leaky

I think you just nailed it. Peoples work ethic doesn't change due to who they work for however, probably easier for some to hide in a large organization .

Let's face it, if the private sector was genuinely more in the 'real world' and hardworking than the public sector, Phil and Gav would have had to go out and find proper jobs years ago.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Funny................. on 16:13 - Mar 23 with 913 viewsSwansea_Blue

Funny................. on 17:49 - Mar 20 by Churchman

Quite. It's very easy for people with limited experience to think they're b1lly big balls and the only one putting any effort in. I was probably like that once in fairness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Funny................. on 16:13 - Mar 23 with 913 viewseireblue

Funny................. on 16:56 - Mar 20 by IP4_Blue

accountant in London. you know nothing about me, don't mug me off because you don't agree with my view, many of my friends, have the same view that work in banking

An accountant eh.

Well, when you grow up and learn how to multiply and do long division, then maybe you will have enough experience to talk about real work.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:09 - Mar 29 with 835 viewstrueblue1970

of course I appreciate the NHS staff but they are always going to be underpaid, the consultants, staff are brilliant I know from first hand with my sons, they are not lazy i'm talking more talking about council workers, who work the hours they like, it's a joke and they don't live in the real world

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:11 - Mar 29 with 834 viewstrueblue1970

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 732 viewstrueblue1970

Funny................. on 20:36 - Apr 21 with 727 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Public sector workers do not live in the real world come home when they want no real deadlines as they don't make money like in the private sector, too many had it too easy in the public sector

You are quite right.

We should abolish the NHS, disband the state education system and stop councils from collecting rubbish.

Private is the way ahead. Survival of the fittest. If you don't earn enough to pay your way you don't deserve your place in society.

Die plebs and make sure the undertaker can get paid from whatever estate your miserable existence has built up.

You should read "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists". That and working in the private sector led me on a path from devout Thatcherism but I fear it would be so far divorced from your own experiences you would fail to recognise our culture has become increasingly like the Edwardian one described there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Funny................. on 21:47 - Apr 21 with 697 viewsm14_blue

As someone who’s worked similar jobs in both sectors I can say quite categorically that this is total horsesh1t.

Some of the working conditions are better in the public sector (by no means all) but the pay is nowhere near as good.

My experience also tells me that the accepted wisdom of waste in the public sector is a myth. There are good operators and bad operators, just as there are in the private sector.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024