Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit 14:26 - Mar 20 with 5239 viewsitfcjoe

Seem to be the same people who won't socially distance themselves at the moment, in my anecdotal experience

Most of them seem to be Boomers, who didn't survive anything, but the selfish streak seems to run through many in that generation and has been shown over the last few years especially

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:28 - Mar 20 with 3360 viewsmonytowbray

Suck it up snowflake. Blue sky thinking. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:31 - Mar 20 with 3335 viewsOxford_Blue

I simply cannot believe that given where we are right now, as individuals, families, communities and as a country, that some people feel the need to keep bringing up Brexit and a vote that is now almost four years old. It’s time to pull together.
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 3315 viewsm14_blue

Yep, think they see themselves as defiant and showing the blitz spirit.

Actually it’s ignorant selfish pr1ckery of the highest order.

Just go home d1ckheads.
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 3312 viewsmonytowbray

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:31 - Mar 20 by Oxford_Blue

I simply cannot believe that given where we are right now, as individuals, families, communities and as a country, that some people feel the need to keep bringing up Brexit and a vote that is now almost four years old. It’s time to pull together.

You don’t get to spend years demonising and dividing people, and then calling for unity when it suits.

Own your sh1t.

If we want unity perhaps you should be calling on Johnson to opt into the EU ventilator scheme or join the EU daily coronavirus briefings to share data. Because that pr1ck still is still choosing British ignorance over global progress.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:35]

TWTD never forgets…

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:35 - Mar 20 with 3297 viewsEireannach_gorm

Natural selection, innit.
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:35 - Mar 20 with 3282 viewsmonytowbray

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:35 - Mar 20 by Eireannach_gorm

Natural selection, innit.

Not really sadly. They’ll pass it on to those who didn’t run the risk.

TWTD never forgets…

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:36 - Mar 20 with 3274 viewsmonytowbray

Spruce gave me a neutral vote. Fat thumbs on the phone?!

TWTD never forgets…

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:37 - Mar 20 with 3257 viewsSpruceMoose

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:36 - Mar 20 by monytowbray

Spruce gave me a neutral vote. Fat thumbs on the phone?!

Aye sorry. Wanted to cancel out my accidental downvote x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:38 - Mar 20 with 3249 viewsmonytowbray

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:37 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

Aye sorry. Wanted to cancel out my accidental downvote x

I blame Gav. Been screaming for a responsive site for years.

TWTD never forgets…

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 3235 viewsOxford_Blue

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:33 - Mar 20 by monytowbray

You don’t get to spend years demonising and dividing people, and then calling for unity when it suits.

Own your sh1t.

If we want unity perhaps you should be calling on Johnson to opt into the EU ventilator scheme or join the EU daily coronavirus briefings to share data. Because that pr1ck still is still choosing British ignorance over global progress.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:35]

You just sound like you’re bitter and angry. The vote was four years ago. You lost. It’s disappointing for you. I understand that but you’re not got to change anything.

I’ve never demonised any remainer or called for disunity. I’ve only ever expressed a view that is pro Brexit and in a democratic country that’s fine.

As I say, there are far far greater things to worry about it now. I’m willing and happy to be united. Are you?
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:44 - Mar 20 with 3222 viewsSpruceMoose

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Oxford_Blue

You just sound like you’re bitter and angry. The vote was four years ago. You lost. It’s disappointing for you. I understand that but you’re not got to change anything.

I’ve never demonised any remainer or called for disunity. I’ve only ever expressed a view that is pro Brexit and in a democratic country that’s fine.

As I say, there are far far greater things to worry about it now. I’m willing and happy to be united. Are you?

Pah. Bit late to be taking the moral high ground...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:46 - Mar 20 with 3212 viewsBlueBadger

These are the people who'd decided they wanted to stop listening to 'so-called experts' remember...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:47 - Mar 20 with 3214 viewsOxford_Blue

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:44 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

Pah. Bit late to be taking the moral high ground...

Why?

You seem to work on the basis that voting Brexit was a crime. It wasn’t. It was a free democratic decision which happened to be different to yours. It seems you want to demonise Brexit voters.

Anyhow, I’m not wasting anymore time on this. There are far more pressing issues. Al the best.
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 3201 viewsSpruceMoose

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:47 - Mar 20 by Oxford_Blue

Why?

You seem to work on the basis that voting Brexit was a crime. It wasn’t. It was a free democratic decision which happened to be different to yours. It seems you want to demonise Brexit voters.

Anyhow, I’m not wasting anymore time on this. There are far more pressing issues. Al the best.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions...

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:48 - Mar 20 with 3205 viewsfooters

Couple of blokes of that age propping up the bar in the local I went by just now. The couple who run it are well into their 80s. Selfish and stupid all round.

So I only stayed for a couple.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:49]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 3169 viewsSpruceMoose

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:48 - Mar 20 by footers

Couple of blokes of that age propping up the bar in the local I went by just now. The couple who run it are well into their 80s. Selfish and stupid all round.

So I only stayed for a couple.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 14:49]

Witnessed a handshake then an instant wipe of the nose between two old boys when I was out the other day. Sadly not going to last long with that kind of behaviour.

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:55 - Mar 20 with 3152 viewsfooters

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:53 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

Witnessed a handshake then an instant wipe of the nose between two old boys when I was out the other day. Sadly not going to last long with that kind of behaviour.

And to think one of them's the president. SMDH.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 3141 viewsitfcjoe

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:53 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

Mrs itfcjoe annoyed with her Mum (60) who is going to see her Dad (85) who can barely walk more than a couple of Hundred yards despite having been at work all week and just living her normal life.

If he got the flu it would probably end him, but what can you do? She’s still annoyed we aren’t going down for Mother's Day

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 3120 viewsjeera

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 14:41 - Mar 20 by Oxford_Blue

Common sense lost.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:04 - Mar 20 with 3088 viewsnorth_stand77

That's a very sweeping statement Joe. People are people and no matter which way they voted, there will be always be some who think of themselves only, and then others who are far from selfish regardless of voting habits.

There have been loads of footage of younger and older generations meeting in pubs, restaurants etc this week (take St Patrick's day for example) and young and old on the news saying they're going to carry on doing what THEY want to do. Politics does not come in to it.
The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:07 - Mar 20 with 3083 viewsitfcjoe

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:04 - Mar 20 by north_stand77

That's a very sweeping statement Joe. People are people and no matter which way they voted, there will be always be some who think of themselves only, and then others who are far from selfish regardless of voting habits.

There have been loads of footage of younger and older generations meeting in pubs, restaurants etc this week (take St Patrick's day for example) and young and old on the news saying they're going to carry on doing what THEY want to do. Politics does not come in to it.

I’m not talking about all Brexit voters, in talking of those who go on about the wars, the sort that would live in the Costa Del Sol but still vote for it and can’t count to 5 in Spanish.

It's across all generations as far as I'm seeing on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 3073 viewsDyland

though yes, many older peeps are wearing their ignorance on their sleeves as if being stubborn means the danger is not real. Total pricks. Not all old peeps, obviously.

I'm done with it now. People are just stupid tvats and it's impossible to stop the wave coming. It probably always was tbf. Just need to accept it's going to be a very, very stressful, painful year (at least) for literally everyone.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:17 - Mar 20 with 3026 viewsRyorry

Massive generalisation as you know, Joe.

According to all the reports & photos I'm seeing locally, it's overwhemingly teens & 20s who aren't respecting the message.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:23 - Mar 20 with 2993 viewsjaykay

i get what you are saying [ me and the wife are boomers and remainers ] but i think its the next generation down who are selfish as well in their ways to e.g. panic buying.
i dont know what age group are still using the pubs ,trendy wine bars and hippy coffee shops.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:24 - Mar 20 with 2996 viewssolemio

The 'We survived the Blitz' lot who voted for Brexit on 15:17 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

Massive generalisation as you know, Joe.

According to all the reports & photos I'm seeing locally, it's overwhemingly teens & 20s who aren't respecting the message.

We've just been down to the park for a walk and the people who took no notice of giving others a wide berth were uniformly Teens and Twenties.

Ancient folk were even crossing over the road to avoid people coming towards them on the footpath and then crossing back when they had passed.

This is not Ipswich, London or USA. It is St Albans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024