Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow 17:21 - Mar 20 with 7458 viewsitfcjoe

Incredible package there from the Govt, hopefully helps a lot of people out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wow on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 4584 viewsSwailsey

Yes. Fair play.

Assuming it all pans out as planned, it is remarkable.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Wow on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 4578 viewsOxford_Blue

It is the near nationalisation of the country by a right of centre govt.
Wow on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 4588 viewsportmanking

Brings a tear to the eye in many ways.

We're utterly fecked economically for the next 10-15 years, but this is absolutely necessary to help us return to any semblance of normal life after this has blown over.
Wow on 17:29 - Mar 20 with 4492 viewshomer_123

Wow on 17:23 - Mar 20 by portmanking

We're utterly fecked economically for the next 10-15 years, but this is absolutely necessary to help us return to any semblance of normal life after this has blown over.

Indeed.. it is the right thing to do but as you say....economically we are utterly screwed.

One can only hope this will mean not only as few die as possible but for the majority there is a semblance of a future.

Too many refuse to accept the severity of the situation.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wow on 17:33 - Mar 20 with 4454 viewsMookamoo

Good to see the self-employed mentioned for the first time. The deferment of the self assessment payments until 2021 will basically help me pay the mortgage for the next 3 months. It will make a difference.
Wow on 17:33 - Mar 20 with 4450 viewsChurchman

Yep, it is going to take years for the economy to recover - but so be it. It’s got to be done and has been done before.
Wow on 17:34 - Mar 20 with 4449 viewsRegencyBlue

Shows you just how bad they expect things to get with this!

The rest of the world will be economically screwed for years as well to be fair but no alternative.
Wow on 17:42 - Mar 20 with 4388 viewsitfcjoe

Wow on 17:34 - Mar 20 by RegencyBlue

Shows you just how bad they expect things to get with this!

The rest of the world will be economically screwed for years as well to be fair but no alternative.

It’s almost like a wartime budget - proper one nation stuff
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 17:43]

Login to get fewer ads

Wow on 17:44 - Mar 20 with 4365 viewsTractorWood

Wow on 17:42 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

It’s almost like a wartime budget - proper one nation stuff
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 17:43]

The VAT deferral is amazing. Absolutely massive sweetener.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Wow on 17:45 - Mar 20 with 4357 viewsClapham_Junction

The wages payment element is very good news. I saw the other day that the Danish government had done something similar and thought it was a good route to go down.

Wonder what happens to people already laid off though...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 17:47]
Wow on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 4338 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know little compared to most on here when it comes to politics but I think we just witnessed something quite remarkable.

Felt like a momentous moment to announce what they just did and the measures being taken

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wow on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 4298 viewsportmanking

Wow on 17:48 - Mar 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I know little compared to most on here when it comes to politics but I think we just witnessed something quite remarkable.

Felt like a momentous moment to announce what they just did and the measures being taken

You are absolutely right, dude.

I think it also underlines how bad this could get that a Conservative government is prepared to commit an unlimited budget to nationwide wages. Eye-watering stuff.
Wow on 17:54 - Mar 20 with 4276 viewsitfcjoe

Wow on 17:45 - Mar 20 by Clapham_Junction

The wages payment element is very good news. I saw the other day that the Danish government had done something similar and thought it was a good route to go down.

Wonder what happens to people already laid off though...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 17:47]

Back dated to March 1st

Wow on 17:55 - Mar 20 with 4259 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wasn't it a bit light on the zero hour/self employed/most vulnerable stuff though? Maybe a good moment to announce a minimum income ? Don't take this as dismissive of the rest of the announcements btw!
Furthermore what sort of economy is it that can be brought to its knees by 2 weeks of no business as usual?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wow on 17:58 - Mar 20 with 4221 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Very positive. Out of interest did they cover what happens to the self employed?
Wow on 17:59 - Mar 20 with 4212 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wow on 17:58 - Mar 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Very positive. Out of interest did they cover what happens to the self employed?

You get a little bit more universal credit.

Wow on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 4208 viewsvapour_trail

Utterly extraordinary.

There’ll doubtless be many holes and gaps and further iterations, but this demonstrates the severity of the impact that the government expects from this crisis.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Wow on 18:01 - Mar 20 with 4208 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Wow on 17:33 - Mar 20 by Mookamoo

Good to see the self-employed mentioned for the first time. The deferment of the self assessment payments until 2021 will basically help me pay the mortgage for the next 3 months. It will make a difference.

Certainly impressive and the correct response for those employed. But I'd say it's still totally inadequate for millions of self employed and gig economy people.
Wow on 18:03 - Mar 20 with 4190 viewsClapham_Junction

Wow on 17:54 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

Back dated to March 1st

Excellent.
Wow on 18:06 - Mar 20 with 4158 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wow on 18:01 - Mar 20 by JeanManuelThetis

Certainly impressive and the correct response for those employed. But I'd say it's still totally inadequate for millions of self employed and gig economy people.

A minimum income is required....for once it would be nice if they thought from the bottom up.

Wow on 18:11 - Mar 20 with 4132 viewsjas0999

I have to say, regardless of your political beliefs, this chancellor is doing a great job and presenting himself well under these very challenging circumstances. He’s doing good.
Wow on 18:11 - Mar 20 with 4130 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow on 17:29 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Indeed.. it is the right thing to do but as you say....economically we are utterly screwed.

One can only hope this will mean not only as few die as possible but for the majority there is a semblance of a future.

Too many refuse to accept the severity of the situation.

I'm seriously hoping that this will focus a few minds to stop fixating on economic growth above all else. It's meaningless for the increasingly large number of people on poverty wages who (normally) can't afford to be ill. Wellbeing, happiness, sustainability, corporate & social responsibility, blah, blah, blah, should all be higher up the priorities list. Especially blah.

Haven't looked at the govt announcement yet as I've a rush on a deadline (missed lol). Are they covering self-employed?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wow on 18:13 - Mar 20 with 4112 viewsmonytowbray

Wow on 18:01 - Mar 20 by JeanManuelThetis

I am trying to suss now if we count as businesses who can get the grants.

I don’t think I could cover my bills even with those increased benefits.

They did say all the details would go up soon when 0 hour contracts mentioned so I’m hoping it’ll be included.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Wow on 18:17 - Mar 20 with 4100 viewsitfcjoe

Wow on 17:58 - Mar 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Self assessment deferred until next year, as is VAT which may help some of the bigger ones

Then just removal of income floor so they can claim SSP etc

A tough demographic to look after though

Wow on 18:22 - Mar 20 with 4070 viewsOxford_Blue

Wow on 18:06 - Mar 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

A minimum income is required....for once it would be nice if they thought from the bottom up.

You’re not serious???

They’ve just announced measures that are staggering and will cost hundreds and hundreds of billions but benefit millions.

Yet you criticise?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024