Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, how are we all doing? 23:14 - Mar 20 with 2016 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a strange time. I'm worried about parents and older friends, concerned about the overall situation but basically trying to work out why THIS has suddenly grabbed the world's attention.

We seem to be on mental lockdown. Because of a virus (serious as that virus is).

Of course, we should take Covid-19 very seriously but are our politicians and establishment taking this much more seriously because it actually might affect them?

Pronouns: He/Him

So, how are we all doing? on 23:18 - Mar 20 with 1978 viewsfooters

Sister's off work for the foreseeable (works as non-medical staff in a private hospital).

Mother was verbally abused for hours by customers demanding to know what will happen come August/September.

People are fcked.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, how are we all doing? on 23:24 - Mar 20 with 1951 viewsN2_Blue

What?

We have a huge global health crisis and you are wondering why politicians are taking this seriously.

Your post doesn't really make any sense.

The only people that aren't taking this seriously are those without education and that just don't have the ability to understand through no fault of their own, are religiously brainwashed, or are just pig ignorant and only care about themselves and their everyday life being impacted without any regard for their own family and friends.

Why would politicians not take this seriously what ever their political and financial motives?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So, how are we all doing? on 23:27 - Mar 20 with 1945 viewsStokieBlue

"Of course, we should take Covid-19 very seriously but are our politicians and establishment taking this much more seriously because it actually might affect them?"

Much more seriously than what?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, how are we all doing? on 23:29 - Mar 20 with 1926 viewspistonbroke

Sorry but as much as I detest a Tory government , what a ridiculous statement
So, how are we all doing? on 23:30 - Mar 20 with 1925 viewsDarth_Koont

So, how are we all doing? on 23:18 - Mar 20 by footers

Sister's off work for the foreseeable (works as non-medical staff in a private hospital).

Mother was verbally abused for hours by customers demanding to know what will happen come August/September.

People are fcked.

Sorry to hear that.

My sister is a doctor in the front line in London and she's definitely wary about how it's going to go. But as she says it's just more people showing that they're human and vulnerable. And more than the system can bear.

I hope we come out of this understanding that we need healthcare to support society. And we need people to stop thinking about themselves. As any parent, child or friend knows, thinking about yourself comes later.

So, how are we all doing? on 23:30 - Mar 20 with 1923 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, how are we all doing? on 23:27 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

"Of course, we should take Covid-19 very seriously but are our politicians and establishment taking this much more seriously because it actually might affect them?"

SB

Poverty?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So, how are we all doing? on 23:34 - Mar 20 with 1904 viewsDarth_Koont

So, how are we all doing? on 23:24 - Mar 20 by N2_Blue

What?

We have a huge global health crisis and you are wondering why politicians are taking this seriously.

Your post doesn't really make any sense.

The only people that aren't taking this seriously are those without education and that just don't have the ability to understand through no fault of their own, are religiously brainwashed, or are just pig ignorant and only care about themselves and their everyday life being impacted without any regard for their own family and friends.

Why would politicians not take this seriously what ever their political and financial motives?

I take the numbers very seriously. Covid-19 is a huge threat.

That's why I'm disturbed by why these particular numbers create a global situation that other even more disturbing numbers don't.

So, how are we all doing? on 23:34 - Mar 20 with 1902 viewsjeera

So, how are we all doing? on 23:27 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

SB

I would suggest there are and have been many life threatening situations that we, and our politicians, in general, haven't shown enough compassion for.

Because they, and often we, are not affected by directly.

Well, that's not me suggesting anything is it, it's something we all already know.

His statement isn't unfair in that respect.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

So, how are we all doing? on 23:40 - Mar 20 with 1883 viewsStokieBlue

So, how are we all doing? on 23:30 - Mar 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Poverty?

That's a fair response.

I guess it's because the virus is indiscriminate against nationality, wealth, race, religion or social standing that makes it more immediate and scary and thus has elicited such a response.

The fact that anyone can get it at any time focuses people. It's not just focused our leaders though, it's focused Joe Bloggs in Taunton or wherever hence the response.

Unfortunately poverty can be kicked down the road because it's not immediate or indiscriminate and to be fair a lot of people don't really think about it in the same way so in that regard DK's post is fair.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, how are we all doing? on 23:45 - Mar 20 with 1863 viewsDarth_Koont

So, how are we all doing? on 23:40 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

That's a fair response.

I guess it's because the virus is indiscriminate against nationality, wealth, race, religion or social standing that makes it more immediate and scary and thus has elicited such a response.

The fact that anyone can get it at any time focuses people. It's not just focused our leaders though, it's focused Joe Bloggs in Taunton or wherever hence the response.

Unfortunately poverty can be kicked down the road because it's not immediate or indiscriminate and to be fair a lot of people don't really think about it in the same way so in that regard DK's post is fair.

SB

Thanks.

I'm absolutely not trying to downgrade the threat of Covid-19 and the importance of people taking it seriously to stop transmission and unnecessary deaths.

I'm just confused about the overall response to the overall risk. It doesn't fill me with much hope that we will resolve other global issues that don't directly and immediately affect us in the same way.

So, how are we all doing? on 23:49 - Mar 20 with 1843 viewsjeera

So, how are we all doing? on 23:45 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

Thanks.

I'm absolutely not trying to downgrade the threat of Covid-19 and the importance of people taking it seriously to stop transmission and unnecessary deaths.

I'm just confused about the overall response to the overall risk. It doesn't fill me with much hope that we will resolve other global issues that don't directly and immediately affect us in the same way.

You were right the first time.

It's hardly a secret that we only tend to care about things that affect us.

Politicians aside, you've only got to look at shopping habits the past few weeks.

I say 'we'. I mean people in the most general sense, not considerate individuals.

So, how are we all doing? on 23:51 - Mar 20 with 1833 viewspistonbroke

So, how are we all doing? on 23:45 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

Thanks.

As much as I deresr a Tory government why turn this into a political thread
So, how are we all doing? on 23:58 - Mar 20 with 1825 viewsjeera

So, how are we all doing? on 23:51 - Mar 20 by pistonbroke

To be fair mate he hasn't mentioned any parties, more politicians in general.

It's not unreasonable is it to wish things were better for everyone, regardless.

He is right. Think about how this package has come out today.

The extraordinary amount of funding that is being made available right now...

Then consider all the times we've been told there is no money.

The amount needed to get people, vulnerable people, our citizens, off the streets, would be a fraction of the quantities being shoved to the forefront right now.

So, are those funds available when required or not?

So, how are we all doing? on 00:18 - Mar 21 with 1780 viewsDarth_Koont

So, how are we all doing? on 23:51 - Mar 20 by pistonbroke

What part of that was political?

I don’t do “politics”. I try to look at situations and see the best and fairest solutions.

So, how are we all doing? on 00:19 - Mar 21 with 1778 viewsSpruceMoose

My main concern right now is keeping Mrs Moose safe and sound as she has an auto immune condition that could complicate things.

Second to that I'm worried about our friends who are local small business owners. They have no safety net that I knows of and I'm doubtful they will all keep their businesses viable.

Thirdly I'm wondering when I'll get back to the UK again. Feel very far from home right now.

On the flip side, I'm extremely thankful that we have no employment/financial concerns.

Best wishes to you and yours DK. Take care.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 0:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So, how are we all doing? on 07:09 - Mar 21 with 1607 viewsfactual_blue

So, how are we all doing? on 23:34 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

I take the numbers very seriously. Covid-19 is a huge threat.

That's why I'm disturbed by why these particular numbers create a global situation that other even more disturbing numbers don't.

Some interesting points here about the number of deaths.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

Broadly the statistical calculations don't allow for the number who would have died anyway: put starkly a significant number of the over-80s (the highest risk group) would almost certainly have died of - say- pheumonia. The comparison with 'flu epidemic deaths (cited as 8000) is misleading because that figure represents a demonstrable spike in the mortality rate.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, how are we all doing? on 09:04 - Mar 21 with 1527 viewsBasuco

I am worried about elder parents and very worried about my daughter who has no immune system, this week has been manic at work as two major customers and one smaller one have shut down, one has laid off 8,000 staff, I really feel for them and their families. Very soon the NHS will not be able to cope with the sheer volume of patients and politicians really must take this virus very very seriously. If we are two weeks behind Italy as many are saying, the UK will soon be looking 5, 6 or 700 death's every day due to this virus. It is not the government this will affect, it is us, if anything they have been too slow in bringing in the hard lock down as it was always going to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024