Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupidity of some people 12:56 - Mar 21 with 8652 viewsSouthBucksBlue

In town this morning (Hertfordshire) and lots of people on the high street for the Saturday fresh produce market. Long queues, no panic buying by the look of it but so many people are just not getting the message. Clusters of animated people chatting and laughing but so close to each other. If some of them are infected (which without a doubt some are) the others are going to end up at least carrying it.
People are not getting the message about social distancing.
The country needs an education campaign and fast.
Stupidity of some people on 13:05 - Mar 21 with 5525 viewssparks

I have been refraining from saying things ot people for fear of causing unpleasantness and confrontation, but I am going to start.

Kept my distance in the supermarket queue last night. Person behind shoves all her stuff right behind mine and stands 2 feet from me. So I move a little into the gap I left ahead of me. She follows. Seriously.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stupidity of some people on 13:15 - Mar 21 with 5475 viewsPlums

Just saw somebody I know who has MS wandering around the shops. Unbelievable!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Stupidity of some people on 13:23 - Mar 21 with 5434 viewsPecker

Unfortunately, people think that they are not going to catch it. They haven't realised yet that this is a life changer. Life isn't going to be the same for months ahead. People need to understand that this is going to effect somebody in every family, more than likely. Total idiots.
Stupidity of some people on 13:26 - Mar 21 with 5424 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Stupidity of some people on 13:05 - Mar 21 by sparks

I have been refraining from saying things ot people for fear of causing unpleasantness and confrontation, but I am going to start.

Kept my distance in the supermarket queue last night. Person behind shoves all her stuff right behind mine and stands 2 feet from me. So I move a little into the gap I left ahead of me. She follows. Seriously.

Yes the supermarkets are bad and people queue like nothing has changed. My Tesco local has just put out a notice (very amateurish and not at all official looking) saying they’ve introduced some social distancing measures but they’re minimal. Some lines of tape to separate queues and a request for people to pay by card if possible as far as I can tell. No addressing sanitation between cashiers and customers or between customers using the same self checkout or even hand sanitisers at the entrance.
Stupidity of some people on 13:28 - Mar 21 with 5403 viewsEwan_Oozami

One of medical friends wants the Govt to put "THIS IS NOT A FECKING DRILL" at the forefront of all official comms!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Stupidity of some people on 13:31 - Mar 21 with 5392 viewsSitfcB

Ipswich town centre (the pedestrianised areas) a lot busier than I thought it was going to be.

Roads all round town a lot quieter than usual for a Saturday mind you.

Surely a complete lockdown isn’t to far away?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stupidity of some people on 13:37 - Mar 21 with 5357 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Stupidity of some people on 13:31 - Mar 21 by SitfcB

Ipswich town centre (the pedestrianised areas) a lot busier than I thought it was going to be.

Roads all round town a lot quieter than usual for a Saturday mind you.

Surely a complete lockdown isn’t to far away?

It certainly seems that’s the only way to wake people up.
As I’ve posted before I think a massive program to clinically infect healthy and willing volunteers before the health services get swamped is a good idea on several levels. I’d be up for it.
Stupidity of some people on 13:39 - Mar 21 with 5345 viewsAce_High1

I had this issues yesterday. People standing far too close, I tried to maintain a healthy gap when queuing for the till but people just not adapting.

And the worse things the worst offenders seemed to be the elderly!
Login to get fewer ads

Stupidity of some people on 13:52 - Mar 21 with 5292 viewsStokieBlue

To be honest, cycling around the only difference to a normal day is that there aren't any people in pubs or restaurants.

Otherwise it's probably 80% of the people as a normal weekend. Only exception is the football and exercise classes in the park aren't on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stupidity of some people on 14:02 - Mar 21 with 5244 viewssparks

Stupidity of some people on 13:26 - Mar 21 by SouthBucksBlue

Yes the supermarkets are bad and people queue like nothing has changed. My Tesco local has just put out a notice (very amateurish and not at all official looking) saying they’ve introduced some social distancing measures but they’re minimal. Some lines of tape to separate queues and a request for people to pay by card if possible as far as I can tell. No addressing sanitation between cashiers and customers or between customers using the same self checkout or even hand sanitisers at the entrance.

Its extraordianry that supermarkets are not washing trolleys and baskets, nor having gel at entrances and insisting people use it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Stupidity of some people on 14:06 - Mar 21 with 5223 viewsstrikalite

Seemed to me this morning is the supermarket that people seemed friendlier than usual, chatting more than usual, pockets of people laughing and joking "we're all in it together" verbal interactions...

The weather was really nice this morning, people just can't get their heads around what's needed though, I can't really, but I'm aware enough to keep my distance and get out of there, how many people actually remembered to wash their hands as soon as they got home I wonder?
Stupidity of some people on 14:07 - Mar 21 with 5222 viewsurbanblue

They seem to be on to it here in Oz. I went to Woolies (Our main Supermarket chain) and when I got to the self payment tills there were crosses marked all 1.5 meters apart where we were to stand and queue, along with two girls instructing everyone. I believe that some supermarkets have and others are also adding crosses the same distance apart in the aisles as well.

On saying that while pressing the screen it occurred to me that there was no protection for us there and certainly no Hand Sanitiser to use.

There were even Toilet Rolls on the shelves for the first time in weeks!
Stupidity of some people on 14:11 - Mar 21 with 5202 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Stupidity of some people on 13:52 - Mar 21 by StokieBlue

To be honest, cycling around the only difference to a normal day is that there aren't any people in pubs or restaurants.

Otherwise it's probably 80% of the people as a normal weekend. Only exception is the football and exercise classes in the park aren't on.

SB

I drove past a park exercise class this morning.
Stupidity of some people on 15:48 - Mar 21 with 5058 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Just had a load of kids come knocking for my son to go out on his bike!
We are in isolation-
Honestly are we scraping schools n work to have a jolly up?
Stay in please and be responsible keep your kids in!
We need to learn from the Italians
London hospital almost full yesterday??
This going to hit us hard and we keep lighting more fires!
Stupidity of some people on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 5037 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Stupidity of some people on 13:15 - Mar 21 by Plums

Just saw somebody I know who has MS wandering around the shops. Unbelievable!

I would have hoped they had a carer!
I’m not venturing out!
Stupidity of some people on 15:51 - Mar 21 with 5042 viewsStokieBlue

Stupidity of some people on 15:48 - Mar 21 by BtreeBlueBlood

Just had a load of kids come knocking for my son to go out on his bike!
We are in isolation-
Honestly are we scraping schools n work to have a jolly up?
Stay in please and be responsible keep your kids in!
We need to learn from the Italians
London hospital almost full yesterday??
This going to hit us hard and we keep lighting more fires!

Not sure we should learn from the Italians.

Saw an article yesterday that said the military are now being used because 40% of people in Lombardy (the worst effected region) were ignoring the lockdown.

It's not a singularly British issue.

SB

Stupidity of some people on 15:53 - Mar 21 with 5029 viewshampstead_blue

Similar in our town this morning.

Just got back from the forest and I've never seen so many people! Still had a great few games of hide and seek.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Stupidity of some people on 16:07 - Mar 21 with 4983 viewssparks

Stupidity of some people on 15:53 - Mar 21 by hampstead_blue

Similar in our town this morning.

Just got back from the forest and I've never seen so many people! Still had a great few games of hide and seek.

Wife just took my daughter out to play at the netball and tennis court. Its usually empty. Bunch of kids turned up half way through to play football. They left.

Stupidity of some people on 16:10 - Mar 21 with 4975 viewsLord_Lucan

Manns Butchers on Nacton Rd was a potential Covoid hotspot when I drove past today.

Waitrose was sort of ok - apart from the saffron faced old biddy behind me at the tobacco counter

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stupidity of some people on 16:12 - Mar 21 with 4965 viewsEireannach_gorm

You just have to be direct about it and ask the person to step back from you as my wife did when she was in a similar situation. If people don't get the message about social distancing, you just have to be very forceful with them. Being anal about this may save your or actually anyones life.
Stupidity of some people on 17:26 - Mar 21 with 4851 viewsbadadski

Stupidity of some people on 16:12 - Mar 21 by Eireannach_gorm

You just have to be direct about it and ask the person to step back from you as my wife did when she was in a similar situation. If people don't get the message about social distancing, you just have to be very forceful with them. Being anal about this may save your or actually anyones life.

Super markets needs those distance markers like on motor ways to show breaking distances, or you could put a self made sign and stick on your back saying if you can touch me within arms length you are too close, step the F away.
Stupidity of some people on 17:48 - Mar 21 with 4821 viewsgordon

Worth saying that despite a pretty severe lockdown in Italy (though perhaps not as effective as intended for various reasons) the virus is still spreading at an increasing rate, albeit the daily growth rate has been slowed a bit.

There's no way in the world that what we're doing here is enough.
Stupidity of some people on 17:51 - Mar 21 with 4807 viewsStokieBlue

Stupidity of some people on 17:48 - Mar 21 by gordon

Worth saying that despite a pretty severe lockdown in Italy (though perhaps not as effective as intended for various reasons) the virus is still spreading at an increasing rate, albeit the daily growth rate has been slowed a bit.

There's no way in the world that what we're doing here is enough.

The deaths in Italy have surged the last two days - nearly 800 today. Total cases rose 14% today to ~55,000. You're right that 12 days in lockdown hasn't really had the effect they wanted yet.

I read an article stating that up to 40% of people in Lombardy, the worst affected region, were ignoring the lockdown and hence the thoughts about sending in the military to police it.

SB

Stupidity of some people on 19:23 - Mar 21 with 4697 viewstrueblue1970

Drove through Framingham this morning on my way to drop off some shopping to my parents who are self isolating packed with people everywhere I really think people don’t see this as a risk, I suppose until we start getting deaths closer to home people will not take any notice it will be too late then
Stupidity of some people on 19:29 - Mar 21 with 4672 viewssparks

Stupidity of some people on 19:23 - Mar 21 by trueblue1970

Drove through Framingham this morning on my way to drop off some shopping to my parents who are self isolating packed with people everywhere I really think people don’t see this as a risk, I suppose until we start getting deaths closer to home people will not take any notice it will be too late then

By which time we are screwed. Because a dozen big breakouts around the country is way beyond the facilities available. A big spoke in London and the odd bit elsewhere- is doable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024