Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London - preparing for the inevitable looting 13:23 - Mar 21 with 3992 viewsElderGrizzly

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:35 - Mar 21 with 3916 viewsAce_High1

Lets hope not EG. We have enough problems right now and the emergency services need to focus on dealing with Coronavirus, not having to address public disorder.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:36 - Mar 21 with 3893 viewsGaryCooper

Why is the looting inevitable?
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:45 - Mar 21 with 3858 viewsSwansea_Blue

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:36 - Mar 21 by GaryCooper

People

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:46 - Mar 21 with 3851 viewsElderGrizzly

Sadly, there will be those who take advantage of businesses being empty for a period of time.

The boarding up will be a condition of their insurance, assuming at least a 12 week shutdown.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:48 - Mar 21 with 3829 viewsPecker

You know it will happen.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:56 - Mar 21 with 3799 viewsOxford_Blue

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:46 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly, there will be those who take advantage of businesses being empty for a period of time.

The boarding up will be a condition of their insurance, assuming at least a 12 week shutdown.

Exactly.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 16:13 - Mar 21 with 3655 viewsGaryCooper

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 13:48 - Mar 21 by Pecker

You know it will happen.

So it is completely unavoidable? We have no law enforcers to stop it?
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 3613 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 16:48 - Mar 21 with 3559 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Spreading content like this is only going to contribute to that remote (imho) possibility.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 17:05 - Mar 21 with 3521 viewsmonytowbray

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 16:48 - Mar 21 by SouthBucksBlue

Spreading content like this is only going to contribute to that remote (imho) possibility.

Part of the reason the government rolled out the financial support Friday is a model told them the longer they leave it the more likely civil disobedience would become wide spread and uncontrollable.

I don't doubt for a second some people will try it, and I also don't doubt the news will be pushed by right wingers to bash multi-culturalism and Shadiq Khan.

But actually London's mostly very liberal and there is a sense of community, particularly at times like this.

TWTD never forgets…

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 17:26 - Mar 21 with 3463 viewsPecker

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 16:13 - Mar 21 by GaryCooper

So it is completely unavoidable? We have no law enforcers to stop it?

We do, but people will still try their luck. Unfortunately we do not live in this one for all and all for one land some think we do. The selfishness of the panic buyers tells you all you need to know about the society we live in now. I strongly hope and believe that 99.9% of us will care for each other, but that 0.1% will try and gain from this.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:04 - Mar 21 with 3396 viewsBloomBlue

The schools are closing, poor parenting is a uk disease, most of the last riots / looting have coincided with school holidays, its inevitable
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:08 - Mar 21 with 3389 viewsMelford

We were told to remove everything from the bar and lock it all up. All the bottles and optics taken down.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 3327 viewsElderGrizzly

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 17:05 - Mar 21 by monytowbray

Part of the reason the government rolled out the financial support Friday is a model told them the longer they leave it the more likely civil disobedience would become wide spread and uncontrollable.

I don't doubt for a second some people will try it, and I also don't doubt the news will be pushed by right wingers to bash multi-culturalism and Shadiq Khan.

But actually London's mostly very liberal and there is a sense of community, particularly at times like this.

I’m certainly not right wing, but the Met Police are preparing for it.

Looting starting to be reported from San Francisco overnight from businesses forced to close there.

It will happen, but it doesn’t reflect on 99.99% of society, just the scum who take advantage of any opportunity
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:34 - Mar 21 with 3303 viewsmonytowbray

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:29 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

I’m certainly not right wing, but the Met Police are preparing for it.

Looting starting to be reported from San Francisco overnight from businesses forced to close there.

It will happen, but it doesn’t reflect on 99.99% of society, just the scum who take advantage of any opportunity

I know you’re not, but christ Twitter is a cesspit of right wing fake news right now.

TWTD never forgets…

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:37 - Mar 21 with 3292 viewsfooters

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:34 - Mar 21 by monytowbray

I know you’re not, but christ Twitter is a cesspit of right wing fake news right now.

Twitter is a cesspit full stop. No wonder people get so het up if that's what they're reading all the time.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 20:54 - Mar 21 with 3134 viewsRyorry

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 18:37 - Mar 21 by footers

Twitter is a cesspit full stop. No wonder people get so het up if that's what they're reading all the time.

The sheer ignorance of the regular anti-Twitter posts on here is becoming totally unacceptable.

Right now, the only way some vulnerable/high risk/disabled people who have little or no food in the house (but who have been *told* to stay at home) are able to draw the attention of supermarkets, charities & the Govt. to their plight, is via their pleas in the tweets & campaign that is starting to mount on Twitter.

And fwiw I've experienced levels of abuse & bullying on this site that I've never, ever experienced in my 8 years on Twitter.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 3050 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The army are coming!
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:20 - Mar 21 with 2986 viewsOldsmoker

I don't think looting is inevitable.
There has been no looting in other countries suffering from the virus.
If there has been then I've missed the news stories.
Even burglars might think twice as they know everyone's home.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:30 - Mar 21 with 2961 viewsGaryCooper

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:20 - Mar 21 by Oldsmoker

'Even burglars might think twice as they know everyone's home.'

Yes, I am struggling, do you think I will be classed as self employed?
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:45 - Mar 21 with 2929 viewsElderGrizzly

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:20 - Mar 21 by Oldsmoker

There has. San Francisco and LA to name just two cities where lockdowns have resulted in looting in the last 48 hours.

I'm talking looting of businesses, where they know they are empty. Not homes.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 00:35 - Mar 22 with 2878 viewsDoctor_Earman

Most likely originating from the cesspits of Newham and Tower Hamlets.
London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 00:55 - Mar 22 with 2858 viewsSpruceMoose

London - preparing for the inevitable looting on 23:45 - Mar 21 by ElderGrizzly

There has. San Francisco and LA to name just two cities where lockdowns have resulted in looting in the last 48 hours.

I'm talking looting of businesses, where they know they are empty. Not homes.

I'd not heard that.

Pleased to report no looting in NY yet. I might do some tomorrow though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024