Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 things 20:28 - Mar 21 with 1094 viewssparks

1- a facebook "aquaintance" (mother of a young musician I have shared a stage with on occasion) has posted a "share this if you agree council tax should be suspended for three months due to uncertain teims... Seems cynical... Agree?

2- I am tempted to head out tomorrow to a timber / wood work place and buy some wood for various projects. Its a shop with lots of space. thats not irresponsible is it?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

2 things on 20:44 - Mar 21 with 1011 viewsjeera

Not sure about 1, although if she were protesting about the way council tax has risen so much over the years, that would be different.

2. Is it worth ringing them and asking if they have any measures in place first? Maybe even give your order over the phone if you have an idea what you want?

I know it's more fun to wander about and see what they've got and get some inspiration, but maybe this time just have a nose through the website if they have one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

2 things on 20:52 - Mar 21 with 983 viewsSwansea_Blue

My £2,900 bill landed on the door mat on Thursday. Great timing isn’t it? Mind you, hopefully they’ll be keeping everything ticking over.

No problem going out as long as you’re not self-isolating (I believe). Might be worth noting that people are being discouraged from doing DIY as it’s one of the most common reasons for hospital visits. That probably depends on what projects you have in mind.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2 things on 21:00 - Mar 21 with 965 viewsWD19

1) Depends if you want your bins collecting any time in the next 3 months.

2) Just be sensible. You are going to have to go shopping regularly over the next few weeks anyway.
2 things on 21:24 - Mar 21 with 908 viewsallezlesbleus

2 things on 20:52 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

My £2,900 bill landed on the door mat on Thursday. Great timing isn’t it? Mind you, hopefully they’ll be keeping everything ticking over.

No problem going out as long as you’re not self-isolating (I believe). Might be worth noting that people are being discouraged from doing DIY as it’s one of the most common reasons for hospital visits. That probably depends on what projects you have in mind.

I'm out of touch with council tax bills...…..what band would that be?
2 things on 21:27 - Mar 21 with 897 viewsjeera

2 things on 21:24 - Mar 21 by allezlesbleus

I'm out of touch with council tax bills...…..what band would that be?

I dunno but 3 grand is insane.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

2 things on 21:39 - Mar 21 with 880 viewsBrixtonBlue

!. Does seem cynical... but on the other hand she has a point. Tough one. I mean, we still want our services (bins collected, an ambulance to turn up if we need it). I'll be paying mine as I can afford it, but people who have just lost their job or might do - that's an entirely different matter.

2. Sounds fine to me. You're going to need to get food (not loo rolls, obvs) and those shops will be more confined than a timber yard.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

2 things on 21:48 - Mar 21 with 859 viewssparks

2 things on 21:39 - Mar 21 by BrixtonBlue

!. Does seem cynical... but on the other hand she has a point. Tough one. I mean, we still want our services (bins collected, an ambulance to turn up if we need it). I'll be paying mine as I can afford it, but people who have just lost their job or might do - that's an entirely different matter.

2. Sounds fine to me. You're going to need to get food (not loo rolls, obvs) and those shops will be more confined than a timber yard.

Cool. Wood shopping it is. Might take the Z3 before it goes in for MOT etc on Monday. Its weird planning stuff. My main car is now needing a tyre on Tuesday- so I have paid in advance, plan to leave it with Kwik fit at 9am, walk over to work. Then ideally, I need alcohol wipes to disinfect the car before I drive it again. But you cant get those bloody things anywhere.

I need to go and look at the wood- mainly looking for a neck to make a high end cigar box guitar. And maybe some other woodwork projects with the kids. Its big and airy and I have a bottle of sanitiser in the car (though I bought it a year ago- no idea what alcohol content unfortunately).

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

2 things on 22:52 - Mar 21 with 787 viewsBrixtonBlue

2 things on 21:48 - Mar 21 by sparks

Cool. Wood shopping it is. Might take the Z3 before it goes in for MOT etc on Monday. Its weird planning stuff. My main car is now needing a tyre on Tuesday- so I have paid in advance, plan to leave it with Kwik fit at 9am, walk over to work. Then ideally, I need alcohol wipes to disinfect the car before I drive it again. But you cant get those bloody things anywhere.

I need to go and look at the wood- mainly looking for a neck to make a high end cigar box guitar. And maybe some other woodwork projects with the kids. Its big and airy and I have a bottle of sanitiser in the car (though I bought it a year ago- no idea what alcohol content unfortunately).

Sounds like good/interesting/productive stuff to do with the kids while they're off.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

2 things on 23:20 - Mar 21 with 747 viewssparks

2 things on 22:52 - Mar 21 by BrixtonBlue

Sounds like good/interesting/productive stuff to do with the kids while they're off.

I'm not off. But it should be fun to make bandsaw box for earrings with the girl.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024