Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Social distancing..... 21:58 - Mar 21 with 4289 viewsitfcjoe

....Mothers Day edition

Myself and Mrs have made a pretty good job of social distancing over last week or so since it’s been ramped up.

Mrs being guilt tripped into seeing her Mum tomorrow, who in fairness has had a pretty rubbish year. Wants to do something, maybe a walk or similar. But we have two young boys who want to see their Nanny and will not be able to socially distance them.

I know right thing is to not see her, but is it worth the battle?

Wife is a key worker, so will be in a bank branch 3-4 days next week, kids will be in nursery 2 days next week, I have a site meeting - so social distancing is going to go out the window as it is.

Mother in law is under 60 with no underlying health issues, but has been at work all week as it is.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 21:59]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Social distancing..... on 22:03 - Mar 21 with 3626 viewsbluelagos

How old are your kids? Can you explain that if they want to protect nanny they need to keep a distance?

Or put her in a gimp suit to protect you all.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Social distancing..... on 22:04 - Mar 21 with 3610 viewsitfcjoe

Social distancing..... on 22:03 - Mar 21 by bluelagos

How old are your kids? Can you explain that if they want to protect nanny they need to keep a distance?

Or put her in a gimp suit to protect you all.

3 and 1 so no chance sadly

Social distancing..... on 22:05 - Mar 21 with 3612 viewsjeera

Mate, you said only a couple of days ago that your wife had a raging temperature.

Not that's my business but I for one have been meaning to ask you how she is.

And she's going to see her mum tomorrow?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Social distancing..... on 22:09 - Mar 21 with 3592 viewsbluelagos

Social distancing..... on 22:04 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

3 and 1 so no chance sadly

Gimp suit for grannie then...

Social distancing..... on 22:11 - Mar 21 with 3588 viewsitfcjoe

Social distancing..... on 22:05 - Mar 21 by jeera

Mate, you said only a couple of days ago that your wife had a raging temperature.

Not that's my business but I for one have been meaning to ask you how she is.

And she's going to see her mum tomorrow?

This was basically 2 weeks ago now, on Tuesday will be two weeks and she hasn’t shown any symptoms since the Thursday after that so 10 days ago.

So she’s either had it and is well clear (and out of the new isolation timetable) or had something different. She’s totally fine now which is good. But does make it likely I’ve had it, and have shown no symptoms as a lot seem to be having that now more testing is being done (not in the UK)

She’s being guilt tripped into it, but now has a conscience crisis about it

Social distancing..... on 22:15 - Mar 21 with 3559 viewsbluelagos

Social distancing..... on 22:11 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

This was basically 2 weeks ago now, on Tuesday will be two weeks and she hasn’t shown any symptoms since the Thursday after that so 10 days ago.

So she’s either had it and is well clear (and out of the new isolation timetable) or had something different. She’s totally fine now which is good. But does make it likely I’ve had it, and have shown no symptoms as a lot seem to be having that now more testing is being done (not in the UK)

In that scenario doesnt that imply that your family cant infect granny (as you no longer contagious) and she cant infect you (as you have immunity) ?

Social distancing..... on 22:16 - Mar 21 with 3553 viewsjeera

Social distancing..... on 22:11 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

I'm confused mate. You said 5 days ago she had a temp of 40.

Maybe I misunderstood, but you also spoke about Mum-in-law going to see her dad against all advice.

She [mum-in-law] isn't listening is she?

My sister and I have been to and fro with this for the past couple of days - I can't do much as I'm miles away and have come down with a cough and now a cold.

My sister has a bit of a cough now so mum's going to be alone. Being alone for one Mother's won't kill her. We accidentally might.

Social distancing..... on 22:27 - Mar 21 with 3507 viewsitfcjoe

Social distancing..... on 22:16 - Mar 21 by jeera

I'm confused mate. You said 5 days ago she had a temp of 40.

Maybe I misunderstood, but you also spoke about Mum-in-law going to see her dad against all advice.

She [mum-in-law] isn't listening is she?

My sister and I have been to and fro with this for the past couple of days - I can't do much as I'm miles away and have come down with a cough and now a cold.

My sister has a bit of a cough now so mum's going to be alone. Being alone for one Mother's won't kill her. We accidentally might.

I havent read back that post, but would have been in the past tense as night she had temperature was Tuesday 10th(?), back when 111 said it definitely wasn't COV-19 and that you just had to carry on etc - well before the advice changed. By the time the advice changed re distancing she was clear of it.

But no, MiL isn't listening and is getting frustrated, like I said has had a tough year but it is frustrating me now. And then you see the inconsistencies social distancing is going to throw up next week by virtue of her being deemed a key worker, me having to work and her mum and dad having to work and you wonder what is the point.

I'm still for social distancing as it is though and against it

Login to get fewer ads

Social distancing..... on 22:36 - Mar 21 with 3485 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Possible to make it fun with FaceTime or whatever? Listening to some NHS workers on the radio, and the tone of the messaging from the government today makes it pretty clear we shouldn’t be taking any chances at all.
Social distancing..... on 22:36 - Mar 21 with 3481 viewsjeera

Social distancing..... on 22:27 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

I havent read back that post, but would have been in the past tense as night she had temperature was Tuesday 10th(?), back when 111 said it definitely wasn't COV-19 and that you just had to carry on etc - well before the advice changed. By the time the advice changed re distancing she was clear of it.

But no, MiL isn't listening and is getting frustrated, like I said has had a tough year but it is frustrating me now. And then you see the inconsistencies social distancing is going to throw up next week by virtue of her being deemed a key worker, me having to work and her mum and dad having to work and you wonder what is the point.

No, I fully understand. It is confusing and the messages aren't as clear as they might be.

I'm not certain those in charge are sure themselves; that's not to lay blame but are doing and saying what they may think is as best they can at any given time.

But yes, we should expect more.

My sister owns a beauty salon and they are up close and personal; people's faces for goodness sake. They are kitted out with masks and glasses and wash outfits immediately after work, that sort of thing. But nonetheless, being self-employed with bills to pay...

The self-employed are the last thought in this.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 2:57]

Social distancing..... on 22:48 - Mar 21 with 3457 viewsIllinoisblue

Skip one Mother’s Day to ensure many more. It’s that simple

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Social distancing..... on 22:58 - Mar 21 with 3441 viewsle2blue

Do not do it, it really isn’t worth the gamble over her life and the rest of your families.

My brother in law is an A&E consultant in the midlands, its ramping this weekend and he’s genuinely scared about the next three weeks...he’ll be making horrible decisions about who to save and watching others die horribly through pneumonia (effectively suffocation). We really need to understand the gravity of the situation in the U.K. we don’t have enough ventilators.

Isolate and protect.
Social distancing..... on 23:04 - Mar 21 with 3402 viewsN2_Blue

Social distancing..... on 22:48 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

Skip one Mother’s Day to ensure many more. It’s that simple

Sound advice

People need to get serious! Sorry Joe but you need to do the sensible thing here.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Social distancing..... on 23:21 - Mar 21 with 3365 viewstextbackup

anyone cant surely be trying to guilt trip anyone into anything right now?

if I remember rightly didn't your mother in law want to tell the world about your kids being born even tho you requested she didn't? not going to lie, she sounds a fcking nightmare. your missus actually needs to stick one into her, and get angry to make the point that this sht isn't a joke.

my mum will have flowers dropped on door step, knock and run style, with a thumbs up at a safe distance. she not old, and fairly fit.... but smoked for 30 years
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 0:13]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Social distancing..... on 23:32 - Mar 21 with 3331 viewsLord_Lucan

You already know the answer.

Can't your Mrs have a social separated distanced walk with her mum and not to tell the kids she is going?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Social distancing..... on 23:35 - Mar 21 with 3325 viewsvapour_trail

Social distancing..... on 23:32 - Mar 21 by Lord_Lucan

You already know the answer.

Can't your Mrs have a social separated distanced walk with her mum and not to tell the kids she is going?

Good shout.

My mum is devastated she won’t be seeing the kids until June at the very earliest.

Your mrs just needs to live with the guilt, Joe.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Social distancing..... on 23:42 - Mar 21 with 3293 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I’m sorry but it takes a pretty selfish mum to guilt trip you into potentially getting seriously ill, making your kids ill or making them ill.

I ordered my mum a takeaway tonight, I’ve ordered her flowers to Monday and I’ll FaceTime her tomorrow. Gutted not to see her but Christ it’s so much more important to take this virus seriously than worry about hurting your mothers feelings.

My mum was absolutely fine with it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Social distancing..... on 23:51 - Mar 21 with 3264 viewsLord_Lucan

Social distancing..... on 23:35 - Mar 21 by vapour_trail

Good shout.

My mum is devastated she won’t be seeing the kids until June at the very earliest.

Your mrs just needs to live with the guilt, Joe.

And not have the guilt of infecting her.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Social distancing..... on 00:04 - Mar 22 with 3228 viewsOsborneOneNil

Social distancing..... on 22:27 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

This is the whole point, people have to stop being in contact with other people, or the virus spreads further. Simple.
Social distancing..... on 00:45 - Mar 22 with 3171 viewsitfcjoe

Social distancing..... on 23:21 - Mar 21 by textbackup

anyone cant surely be trying to guilt trip anyone into anything right now?

if I remember rightly didn't your mother in law want to tell the world about your kids being born even tho you requested she didn't? not going to lie, she sounds a fcking nightmare. your missus actually needs to stick one into her, and get angry to make the point that this sht isn't a joke.

my mum will have flowers dropped on door step, knock and run style, with a thumbs up at a safe distance. she not old, and fairly fit.... but smoked for 30 years
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 0:13]

It was more that she told her brother who did that, she really isn’t a nightmare just a bit overbearing at times.

But I can see the hypocrisy here, social distance tomorrow and Monday then on Tuesday wife has to go to work with 15-20 colleagues, and numerous other members of the public, kids have to go to nursery with however many kids and carers are there (15-20 no doubt) and I have to go to a site meeting at a site where 20 people are working in close proximity with a further 7 or 8 of us in the meeting.

Her Mum has to go to work in a factory with 15-20 other people on Monday etc etc.

I don’t want to go, think it is the wrong thing to do and will be pushing for that - but with what we have planned for next week, what is the point anyway?

Social distancing..... on 00:49 - Mar 22 with 3152 viewsvapour_trail

Social distancing..... on 00:45 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

It was more that she told her brother who did that, she really isn’t a nightmare just a bit overbearing at times.

But I can see the hypocrisy here, social distance tomorrow and Monday then on Tuesday wife has to go to work with 15-20 colleagues, and numerous other members of the public, kids have to go to nursery with however many kids and carers are there (15-20 no doubt) and I have to go to a site meeting at a site where 20 people are working in close proximity with a further 7 or 8 of us in the meeting.

Her Mum has to go to work in a factory with 15-20 other people on Monday etc etc.

I don’t want to go, think it is the wrong thing to do and will be pushing for that - but with what we have planned for next week, what is the point anyway?

This is why the government will shut the country down.

Social distancing..... on 01:05 - Mar 22 with 3127 viewsitfcjoe

Social distancing..... on 00:49 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

With the amount of jobs that are seen as ‘key workers’ it makes it impossible

My wife is a later life adviser in a bank, she has an appointment in the Ipswich branch with a 70 year old bloke on Tuesday who has a wife in isolation but is still going round a few banks having appointments trying to get the best rate

It’s ludicrous, I understand the need to keep them open and her being on standby as there needs to be a skeleton staff in place to allow people to do the necessities of banking, but this is just being treated like business as usual.

My work is BAU, we are on a strict contract and have 15-20 workers with families and mortgages to pay so have to keep them going to keep us going. It’s a mess and so hard to get round when see massive inconsistencies all over the place which make you lazy

Social distancing..... on 01:28 - Mar 22 with 3103 viewsvapour_trail

Social distancing..... on 01:05 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

With the amount of jobs that are seen as ‘key workers’ it makes it impossible

My wife is a later life adviser in a bank, she has an appointment in the Ipswich branch with a 70 year old bloke on Tuesday who has a wife in isolation but is still going round a few banks having appointments trying to get the best rate

It’s ludicrous, I understand the need to keep them open and her being on standby as there needs to be a skeleton staff in place to allow people to do the necessities of banking, but this is just being treated like business as usual.

My work is BAU, we are on a strict contract and have 15-20 workers with families and mortgages to pay so have to keep them going to keep us going. It’s a mess and so hard to get round when see massive inconsistencies all over the place which make you lazy

Don’t disagree Joe. It’ll be enforced though, otherwise people like bluebadger will not be able to sort us all out.

It’d be easier if we were an authoritarian state like China.

Social distancing..... on 02:06 - Mar 22 with 3076 viewstextbackup

Social distancing..... on 00:49 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

they just have to. I do fully understand people needs to work, and the self employed will be hit hard, and I do feel for them.

however too many people are just so stupid that they cant see how serious this is, my wifes mate is a hair salon owner, she put out a FB message earlier along the lines of "we are still operating as normal so if your normal hairdresser wont help you come to us"
absolutely awful attitude to take, trying to make a few quid off the back of this.

even reports today of sea side resorts being packed, because of the good weather.... hate to say it, but if/when there are children amongst the deaths only then I think people will really wake up to this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Social distancing..... on 06:45 - Mar 22 with 2953 viewsm14_blue

You shouldn’t go mate, it really is as simple as that.

Also, if you’re not a key worker then your kids shouldn’t be going to nursery really (I’m in the exact same position on that one and not sure what to do).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024