Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash 07:47 - Mar 22 with 1391 viewsElderGrizzly

The same man who profiteered over Brexit. Almost as if he has insider info

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:04 - Mar 22 with 1296 viewsWeWereZombies

He may be a speculator but, unlike George Soros, he is a British speculator...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:18 - Mar 22 with 1250 viewsBlueNomad

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:04 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

He may be a speculator but, unlike George Soros, he is a British speculator...

I think scumbag was the word you were looking for
Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:25 - Mar 22 with 1217 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You might say that....I couldn't possibly comment!
Imagine having the heads up on Trump tweets!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 1202 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It’s been a dream for day traders (for which he’s a glorified version with a massive amount of capital).
Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 1198 viewsGuthrum

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:25 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

You might say that....I couldn't possibly comment!
Imagine having the heads up on Trump tweets!

That would involve being inside Trump's head. Not a location I fancy visiting.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:33 - Mar 22 with 1183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:30 - Mar 22 by Guthrum

Or being Jared Kushner or one of his chums.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:35 - Mar 22 with 1176 viewsGuthrum

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:33 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Or being Jared Kushner or one of his chums.

Not sure even they always get to know what is spewing out of the presidential account before it hits the web.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:51 - Mar 22 with 1145 viewsStokieBlue

Whether you agree with short-selling or not it doesn't take a genius to bet against airline shares without any inside info.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 1126 viewsWeWereZombies

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:51 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

Whether you agree with short-selling or not it doesn't take a genius to bet against airline shares without any inside info.

SB

In this instance I don't think it is what is being bet against but when, and how you came by the information that informed your timing.

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:59 - Mar 22 with 1106 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:55 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

In this instance I don't think it is what is being bet against but when, and how you came by the information that informed your timing.

I don't know this specific case but on Radio 4 they just said the largest sums made by hedge funds were betting against airlines, BA being one of those.

If he has information from any source that can move the market and he acts on that before it's public then he should go to jail.

SB

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:01 - Mar 22 with 1085 viewsWeWereZombies

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:59 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

I don't know this specific case but on Radio 4 they just said the largest sums made by hedge funds were betting against airlines, BA being one of those.

If he has information from any source that can move the market and he acts on that before it's public then he should go to jail.

SB

And how many years was it between the commencement of insider trading legislation and the first conviction?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 9:02]

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:08 - Mar 22 with 1056 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:01 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

And how many years was it between the commencement of insider trading legislation and the first conviction?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 9:02]

Sorry Zombers but I am not really sure what your point is? Perhaps I am being a bit slow - I've not had a coffee yet.

How does historic implementation of insider trading rules (the first conviction was actually in 1909 which was before any legislation and was processed as fraud) affect what should happen.

It's clear - if he's provably profited from inside information he should do the time.

SB

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:37 - Mar 22 with 957 viewsBloomBlue

So he's an expert at predicting the market, is there something wrong with being an expert?

Lots of people have investments in managed funds ie pensions, they have them in those funds for the managers to expertly react to the markets so their investments grow. Markets go up and down they always have and the experts predict that.
We all criticised those who didn't foresee the market crash coming 10 years ago.

I never understand why the UK hate experts, I'm seeing it with the experts from the NHS telling us what we should do to reduce the spread of CV and people ignoring it even though those telling us are experts in their field.
Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 11:00 - Mar 22 with 873 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 08:30 - Mar 22 by Guthrum

It would be quite roomy....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 11:10 - Mar 22 with 857 viewsWeWereZombies

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:08 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

Sorry Zombers but I am not really sure what your point is? Perhaps I am being a bit slow - I've not had a coffee yet.

How does historic implementation of insider trading rules (the first conviction was actually in 1909 which was before any legislation and was processed as fraud) affect what should happen.

It's clear - if he's provably profited from inside information he should do the time.

SB

But, to state the bleedin' obvious, he will not get collared. That was my point about the insider trading legislation. I was but a sallow trainee in the early 1980s when I had to study it because it was this new thing that had just been promulgated and might come up in exams. By the time of the first successful prosecution, almost thirty years later I was not far off hanging up my spreadsheets. Everyone knew it was going on through the 'old school tie' network before it came in, everyone knew it was still going on but more covertly after the Act was passed. And almost everyone knows that it still goes on; and it is almost hiding in plain sight now.

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 11:12 - Mar 22 with 852 viewsmonytowbray

Johnson’s mate has made £115m from the stockmarket crash on 09:37 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

So he's an expert at predicting the market, is there something wrong with being an expert?

Lots of people have investments in managed funds ie pensions, they have them in those funds for the managers to expertly react to the markets so their investments grow. Markets go up and down they always have and the experts predict that.
We all criticised those who didn't foresee the market crash coming 10 years ago.

I never understand why the UK hate experts, I'm seeing it with the experts from the NHS telling us what we should do to reduce the spread of CV and people ignoring it even though those telling us are experts in their field.

I think the point is “look how f*cked up the world is and this should stop.”

If you’re angry about BLOODY IMMIGRANTS coming over here then this should make anyone’s brain explode.

But nah, the super rich earned their right to be c*nts somehow.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024