Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else gardening? 15:01 - Mar 22 with 2686 viewsMullet

We had a mixed year last year, but this place gave lots of great advice.

Spent the day and a bit of yesterday weeding, boarding around the edge of the garden to make raised beds, and built another one from scratch. Planting out tomorrow what I can, and starting stuff under plastic in the dining room for planting later.

Dunno if it's the fresh air or not, but it's helping pass the time while life lacks so much structure. What are the green fingered pros on here up to this year?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else gardening? on 20:24 - Mar 22 with 670 viewsjeera

Anyone else gardening? on 20:23 - Mar 22 by jimsymBLUE

And there I was thinking you were a culinary man of the world. Shame.

Heh. I'm not a fan of radish.

Well not our traditional radish anyway.

I have used mooli many times in the past if that counts?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else gardening? on 20:32 - Mar 22 with 651 viewsRyorry

Anyone else gardening? on 16:48 - Mar 22 by Mullet

I went a bit overboard with the seed pots it seems. Got 3 bags and then the books and diagrams say one spud does plenty if you give it room! Had them chitting all week and planted a handful in the bags I have. Going to extend the beds and make a dedicated potato patch when I can this week.

Found some raspberries had sprouted amongst the weeds so saved them and am planting them and strawberries out in one patch.

Peas going in tomorrow evening. Onions and garlic in the new raised bed I made.

Planted peppers, toms, sage and basil Friday night and they are under propagators in my dining room so hopefully they work. Carrots, parsnips, beets and caulis all going in when I can get the time.

Seems although we are meant to work 8-3am officially now I'm getting emails and calls 24/7 still so it's hard to set time aside without being made to feel like I should be sat marking and making for the time being.

Busy wotsit!

Keep an eye on those raspberry canes, they can take over if allowed to start spreading.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else gardening? on 21:20 - Mar 22 with 627 viewsmonytowbray

Helped my Dad move some stones and plant some peas yesterday.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone else gardening? on 05:32 - Mar 23 with 565 viewsdickie

Big plans are already under way. Moved a corner shed that wasn't in a corner when we moved in to about 30 feet down the garden (in a corner). Re-felted it yesterday as it had a roof leak. Today I'm making a second 2m x 1m raised bed out of the scaff boards I used to move the shed. Cleared the last 3rd of the garden that had been left to nature since we moved in/had kids. Laying a small patio down there with a bench on it and putting an 8x8 shed on the left hand side (coming tomorrow).

If I can get hold of the materials I'm gonna have a go at building some decking for our table and chairs to go on.

Got numerous veggies growing in seed trays on the kitchen windowsill.

Got to keep busy somehow!
Anyone else gardening? on 07:48 - Mar 23 with 532 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There is a pretty good chance of a cold snap by the weekend....I would hold off planting seeds directly into the ground for a couple of weeks yet.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else gardening? on 15:47 - Mar 23 with 498 viewsRyorry

Anyone else gardening? on 07:48 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

There is a pretty good chance of a cold snap by the weekend....I would hold off planting seeds directly into the ground for a couple of weeks yet.

At least! wouldn't do so for at least another month here, & even then have fleece covers to hand.

But I'm distraught at not being able to find any veg seed online right now - everywhere sold out

Anyone else gardening? on 15:51 - Mar 23 with 490 viewsMullet

Anyone else gardening? on 07:48 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah all the seeds are indoors, only the junior plants went in so they had room and some onions and garlic. Just digging and sorting at the moment

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else gardening? on 23:46 - Mar 23 with 465 viewsRyorry

Anyone else gardening? on 15:36 - Mar 22 by leitrimblue

Got 5 extra bags of compost during week and a large variety of seeds. Big plans this year

Where did you get your seeds from Leitrim? Everywhere online I've looked is sold out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024