Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People are still not listening 15:53 - Mar 22 with 8520 viewsStokieBlue

We deserve to be locked down, utterly unbelievable.

Victoria Park Market:

Broadway Market:

Hearing Fulham are closing the parks. People do need exercise but if loads of people are ignoring the advice not sure what else they can do.

Also Snowdon looking ridiculous:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 with 5074 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 with 5059 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy sh1t

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People are still not listening on 16:01 - Mar 22 with 5008 viewsPendejo

Yet when I went to do recycling earlier the only person on same side of road as me paused to allow space between us.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

People are still not listening on 16:01 - Mar 22 with 5002 viewsWD19

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

Holy sh1t

I went for a bike ride. Predictably the grand union canal towpath was like Piccadilly Circus. Middle class bank holiday mode in full swing. I went via main roads mostly....much quieter!
People are still not listening on 16:02 - Mar 22 with 4990 viewsStokieBlue

People are still not listening on 16:01 - Mar 22 by Pendejo

Yet when I went to do recycling earlier the only person on same side of road as me paused to allow space between us.

I'm not really sure what your point is?

SB

People are still not listening on 16:04 - Mar 22 with 4979 viewsMelford

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 by jeera

I went up Melford Co-Op earlier. I needed milk and my parents needed some margarine and the Sunday Papers. I am normally a placid sort but I went full Larry David on some moron behind me in the queue who had a pop at me because I was keeping my distance from the people in front of me, I've never got lairy in public before outside of going to football but this bloke just wound me up so much.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

People are still not listening on 16:05 - Mar 22 with 4963 viewsPendejo

People are still not listening on 16:02 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

I'm not really sure what your point is?

SB

That around here people are distancing. For me simply passing in the street no big deal, for the other person clearly yes. He paused to ensure spacing.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

People are still not listening on 16:07 - Mar 22 with 4939 viewsStokieBlue

People are still not listening on 16:05 - Mar 22 by Pendejo

That around here people are distancing. For me simply passing in the street no big deal, for the other person clearly yes. He paused to ensure spacing.

Ah, OK :).

I think it seems to be a problem focused in London and places where people are going on holiday (like Snowdon). It seems many younger people in London really don't care about it at all. Getting their smoked meats from the market is far more important than not spreading the disease.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

People are still not listening on 16:10 - Mar 22 with 4909 viewsStokieBlue

Columbia Road also rammed:

SB

People are still not listening on 16:12 - Mar 22 with 4886 viewsjeera

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

Holy sh1t

Do people just...I mean.

You know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People are still not listening on 16:15 - Mar 22 with 4869 viewsstrikalite

I think this advice of getting out in the fresh air and it's ok to still shop is causing it..
People are still not listening on 16:18 - Mar 22 with 4849 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve just walked round Rushmere Heath, everyone stopping to leave space and let people past etc - one old boy clearly wanted a chat so we did so from 4-5m apart.

But there were a couple of families together, one of them coughing and spluttering just not doing any form of social distancing.

Personal responsibility thing, and so many people clearly take none

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People are still not listening on 16:19 - Mar 22 with 4833 viewspointofblue

People are still not listening on 16:15 - Mar 22 by strikalite

I think this advice of getting out in the fresh air and it's ok to still shop is causing it..

Though the advice also contains a clear point about keeping 2m apart.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

People are still not listening on 16:22 - Mar 22 with 4807 viewsfooters

People are still not listening on 16:07 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

Ah, OK :).

I think it seems to be a problem focused in London and places where people are going on holiday (like Snowdon). It seems many younger people in London really don't care about it at all. Getting their smoked meats from the market is far more important than not spreading the disease.

SB

But the posh scotch egg stall only comes round once a week. Surely that's acceptable?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People are still not listening on 16:22 - Mar 22 with 4800 viewsstrikalite

People are still not listening on 16:19 - Mar 22 by pointofblue

Though the advice also contains a clear point about keeping 2m apart.

indeed, though they'll no doubt think in their minds that hey there won't be many people about today we'll risk it and go, then see its quite busy but carry on regardless, the sun is shining too which doesn't help..
People are still not listening on 16:22 - Mar 22 with 4799 viewsStokieBlue

People are still not listening on 16:22 - Mar 22 by footers

But the posh scotch egg stall only comes round once a week. Surely that's acceptable?

If it's comes round twice a week why do you need to go to it on weekends?

SB

People are still not listening on 16:25 - Mar 22 with 4773 viewsbrogansnose

My parents are just back from Spain where they were under lockdown so they're self isolating because of that and the fact that they have underlying health issues. A neighbour came around, who had been told they were self isolating, knocked on the door and then went into the house to ask for a spare toilet roll. This woman works in a elderly care home.

Lockdown thing will happen because of people behaving irresponsibly.
People are still not listening on 16:25 - Mar 22 with 4771 viewsSteve_M

Hampstead Heath this morning was mainly ok with people keeping sensible spacing but there were a few bits where it was much more crowded. Less so than the supermarket on Friday mind.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

People are still not listening on 16:25 - Mar 22 with 4755 viewsfooters

People are still not listening on 16:22 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

If it's comes round twice a week why do you need to go to it on weekends?

SB

Some people are prepared to go to such great lengths for these scotch eggs that they must be pretty remarkable. Maybe they should consider going daily instead?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

People are still not listening on 16:29 - Mar 22 with 4726 viewspointofblue

The fact that a government advsior has to say this is worrying:

Prof Robert Dingwall, a sociologist from Nottingham Trent University who is advising the UK government, said problems occur when people cannot maintain the recommended two metre (6ft) separation.

He says: "If that is the case, then it probably is better to go home and pick a quieter time or a quieter location."

Dr Robin Thompson, an epidemiologist at Oxford University, added: "The key thing is to exercise while minimising contacts.

"There are many walks all across the UK - so, where possible, individuals can research walks without main attractions such as viewpoints or other areas that represent likely gathering points for groups of people."

"Local footpaths are likely to be less crowded than walks through major parks. And we can all try and maintain at least two metres distance between ourselves and others while out exercising."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51994675

When did we, as a nation, lose our common sense?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

People are still not listening on 16:38 - Mar 22 with 4667 viewsBlueBadger

People are still not listening on 16:29 - Mar 22 by pointofblue

The fact that a government advsior has to say this is worrying:

Prof Robert Dingwall, a sociologist from Nottingham Trent University who is advising the UK government, said problems occur when people cannot maintain the recommended two metre (6ft) separation.

He says: "If that is the case, then it probably is better to go home and pick a quieter time or a quieter location."

Dr Robin Thompson, an epidemiologist at Oxford University, added: "The key thing is to exercise while minimising contacts.

"There are many walks all across the UK - so, where possible, individuals can research walks without main attractions such as viewpoints or other areas that represent likely gathering points for groups of people."

"Local footpaths are likely to be less crowded than walks through major parks. And we can all try and maintain at least two metres distance between ourselves and others while out exercising."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51994675

When did we, as a nation, lose our common sense?

Avoided the obvious hangouts like Ickworth, Rodbridge and Clare today and went to Foxearth nature reserve - a run alongside the tier for the dog then a circuit round the reserve for distance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People are still not listening on 16:51 - Mar 22 with 4596 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You should see the queue at Aldeburgh chip shop this afternoon!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

People are still not listening on 16:56 - Mar 22 with 4565 viewsMelford

People are still not listening on 16:38 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Avoided the obvious hangouts like Ickworth, Rodbridge and Clare today and went to Foxearth nature reserve - a run alongside the tier for the dog then a circuit round the reserve for distance.

We're lucky in our neck of the woods, there's loads of fields and footpaths you can go down where you wouldn't see another person. Tomorrow I'm packing up a few sandwiches and a flask of tea and taking the dog out for a all-day walk. Plenty of fresh air and another person literally a mile away from me.

People are still not listening on 16:58 - Mar 22 with 4540 viewsBlueBadger

People are still not listening on 16:56 - Mar 22 by Melford

We're lucky in our neck of the woods, there's loads of fields and footpaths you can go down where you wouldn't see another person. Tomorrow I'm packing up a few sandwiches and a flask of tea and taking the dog out for a all-day walk. Plenty of fresh air and another person literally a mile away from me.

Deffo. Tomorrow I will probably strike out on foot towards Boxted church. Or failing that, Fenstead End.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People are still not listening on 17:07 - Mar 22 with 4486 viewsMelford

People are still not listening on 16:58 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Deffo. Tomorrow I will probably strike out on foot towards Boxted church. Or failing that, Fenstead End.

I'm thinking Melford, Liston, Foxearth, Pentlow, then up the hill to Belchamp St. Paul's , Belchamp Otten then home to Melford via Borley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024