Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People are still not listening 15:53 - Mar 22 with 8531 viewsStokieBlue

We deserve to be locked down, utterly unbelievable.

Victoria Park Market:

Broadway Market:

Hearing Fulham are closing the parks. People do need exercise but if loads of people are ignoring the advice not sure what else they can do.

Also Snowdon looking ridiculous:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People are still not listening (n/t) on 11:21 - Mar 23 with 859 viewshampstead_blue

A friend who lines in London wanted to come over yesterday for drinks!

I couldn't quite believe it.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 11:35]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

People are still not listening on 11:44 - Mar 23 with 824 viewsbluelagos

Just been out for a spin and the roads are way quieter than today than at the weeekend. The walkers are way down as are the cyclists.

Didnt see any congregating and everyone at the spot I stop at was kesping a sensible distance. Think the messages are getting through, certainly in Dedham vale area where I am.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

People are still not listening on 12:57 - Mar 23 with 774 viewsPinewoodblue

Mixed experiences yesterday, which I will share in case anyone has the misfortune to be placed in a similar position.

Meeting scheduled at a village outside Cambridge with the local vicar to finalise arrangements for a family funeral. Had read C of E guidelines and had expected meeting wouldn’t go ahead as it was recommended it should be done by telephone not face to face. The vicar preferred it to be face to face.

We socially distance around the room. The Vicar was prepared to hold a service in church but no organist or bell ringers. Only immediate family and spouses, no grandchildren, cousin etc. each couple to occupy a pew, with alternate pews used. We said we had expected a graveside service with the limitations already explained with a memorial service to be held in the future. We asked for a specific date in May 2021 which would have been Mum’s 100th birthday.

The only people who will be at the graveside are Vicar, funeral director, and children of the deceased except one brother who lives in Turkey and myself as being over 70 will be following government guidelines and keeping away. I , and other family members will be able to watch via social media as it will be recorded.

The vicar seemed to be relieved by the sensible, if extremely difficult, approach we displayed.

There is a Romany funeral later this week and the Vicar is somewhat concerned as to the numbers that will turn up. There was also a wedding last week a couple who had lived together 20+ years and wanted to marry just in case anything happened to either of them. Just the vicar the couple and two witnesses in attendance.

Difficult times for everyone.

Footnote. After the meeting my sister told me she was having a family BBQ , three generations, as it was Mother’s Day. I chose not to pass comment.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

People are still not listening on 13:12 - Mar 23 with 744 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52003076

I don't know why people would be angry at these people -surely anyone travelling on a tube today must only be doing it because they feel they have to?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People are still not listening on 13:58 - Mar 23 with 698 viewsBrixtonBlue

People are still not listening on 11:44 - Mar 23 by bluelagos

Just been out for a spin and the roads are way quieter than today than at the weeekend. The walkers are way down as are the cyclists.

Didnt see any congregating and everyone at the spot I stop at was kesping a sensible distance. Think the messages are getting through, certainly in Dedham vale area where I am.

I hope this "spin" was essential travel?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People are still not listening on 16:38 - Mar 23 with 647 viewsgiant_stow

Little update on this: our local parks are now shut (we were only going in if they were empty anyway).

One little football-loving boy besides himself.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People are still not listening on 16:39 - Mar 23 with 645 viewsStokieBlue

People are still not listening on 16:38 - Mar 23 by giant_stow

Little update on this: our local parks are now shut (we were only going in if they were empty anyway).

One little football-loving boy besides himself.

It's much quieter in general today.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People are still not listening on 16:41 - Mar 23 with 644 viewsJ2BLUE

People are still not listening on 16:39 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

SB

Hopefully quiet enough to avoid lockdown.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

People are still not listening on 16:44 - Mar 23 with 634 viewsgiant_stow

People are still not listening on 16:39 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

SB

yes, noticably and also far more people crossing the road to avoid walking past each other.

People are still not listening on 17:01 - Mar 23 with 616 viewshoppy

People are still not listening on 16:44 - Mar 23 by giant_stow

yes, noticably and also far more people crossing the road to avoid walking past each other.

How are you finding the social isolation impacting on your normal family routines?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

People are still not listening on 17:05 - Mar 23 with 591 viewsgiant_stow

People are still not listening on 17:01 - Mar 23 by hoppy

How are you finding the social isolation impacting on your normal family routines?

No more family orgies for now mr, but video takes up the slack to a certain degree.

People are still not listening on 17:11 - Mar 23 with 581 viewshoppy

People are still not listening on 17:05 - Mar 23 by giant_stow

No more family orgies for now mr, but video takes up the slack to a certain degree.

From the archives, you mean? Previous family gatherings etc..?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024