Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People are still not listening 15:53 - Mar 22 with 8541 viewsStokieBlue

We deserve to be locked down, utterly unbelievable.

Victoria Park Market:

Broadway Market:

Hearing Fulham are closing the parks. People do need exercise but if loads of people are ignoring the advice not sure what else they can do.

Also Snowdon looking ridiculous:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

People are still not listening on 17:15 - Mar 22 with 2580 viewsRadlett_blue

Sadly, you are right, but it's very easy to be judgemental right now, especially on people who live in crowded cities and who want to get out for a bit of exercise and fresh air. Yes, they could be sensible about this and space out.
I walked 4 miles around Radlett today and didn't come close to a soul but things are different in cities so maybe a curfew is inevitable.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People are still not listening on 17:16 - Mar 22 with 2579 viewsKieran_Knows

This country really is knackered. People are so dumb it is unbelievable.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

People are still not listening on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 2568 viewsMaySixth

I said this on Mar 12 and got 6 down arrows!

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

People are still not listening on 17:34 - Mar 22 with 2546 viewsLankHenners

The messaging should have been much stronger from the start. Yes, people need to take some responsibility and stop being so blasé/selfish, but it’s no good the government complaining about the situation when they were floating the herd immunity theory when we had a chance to make use of the head start we had.

I wouldn’t have had much faith in the British public to adhere anyway but it should have been drummed into them with the same vigour as ‘get Brexit done’.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

People are still not listening on 17:51 - Mar 22 with 2509 viewsBlueBadger

People are still not listening on 17:07 - Mar 22 by Melford

I'm thinking Melford, Liston, Foxearth, Pentlow, then up the hill to Belchamp St. Paul's , Belchamp Otten then home to Melford via Borley.

Blimey, that's a fair old hike. Enjoy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People are still not listening on 17:51 - Mar 22 with 2504 viewsgiant_stow

My mum was down Broadway market yesterday - she's 81 and won't be told. Worrying. We've tried telling her, but she's of the opinion that the world's gone mad. Don;t really know what to do.

In fairness though, there's a mental health issue here as well - cooped-up people going for a walk isn't all bad if they can stay apart.

How do people feel about takeaways right now?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People are still not listening on 17:58 - Mar 22 with 2500 viewsRadlett_blue

People are still not listening on 17:51 - Mar 22 by giant_stow

My mum was down Broadway market yesterday - she's 81 and won't be told. Worrying. We've tried telling her, but she's of the opinion that the world's gone mad. Don;t really know what to do.

In fairness though, there's a mental health issue here as well - cooped-up people going for a walk isn't all bad if they can stay apart.

How do people feel about takeaways right now?

There is a risk to anything but close social contact is the most likely way of spreading the virus and it should not be hard for intelligent people to make reasonable efforts to comply with that. Unfortunately, we also have a proportion of deniers/dick heads and it's near impossible to deal with them. I still have sympathy for city dwellers, but they should still be able to avoid crowding together in parks.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People are still not listening on 18:03 - Mar 22 with 2480 viewsjeera

People are still not listening on 17:58 - Mar 22 by Radlett_blue

There is a risk to anything but close social contact is the most likely way of spreading the virus and it should not be hard for intelligent people to make reasonable efforts to comply with that. Unfortunately, we also have a proportion of deniers/dick heads and it's near impossible to deal with them. I still have sympathy for city dwellers, but they should still be able to avoid crowding together in parks.

[Assuming] They have homes, it won't hurt them to take a little responsibility and stay in them for a while, city dwellers or otherwise.

For feck's sake. most have only been off work a few days.

It's downright opportunism.

The tw@ts think they're on holiday.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

People are still not listening on 18:06 - Mar 22 with 2468 viewshoppy

People are still not listening on 16:10 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

Columbia Road also rammed:

SB

So what was this bloke’s colleague doing there, to be able to take the picture?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

People are still not listening on 18:12 - Mar 22 with 2445 viewsronnyd

Did a nice leisurely 20 miler on the mountain bike this afternoon. Very little traffic around the Culford/Ingham area and the few walkers and dog owners i met were mostly quite amenable.
People are still not listening on 18:16 - Mar 22 with 2427 viewsBloomBlue

People are still not listening on 18:06 - Mar 22 by hoppy

So what was this bloke’s colleague doing there, to be able to take the picture?

Totally agree, people popping out to take photos to post on twitter seem of think they're immune from the virus and probably the people spreading it.
People are still not listening on 00:54 - Mar 23 with 2306 viewsEly_Blue

SB

I’m amazed the markets are still allowed to open, yesterday in Ely the market was open and then again the smaller Sunday market too.

It’s got to stop somehow

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

People are still not listening on 01:10 - Mar 23 with 2283 viewsmonytowbray

Was saying this a week ago and was poked fun at for being a liberal asking for authoritarian measures.

Actually I just give a f*ck about people and could already see this happening in London. However it’s even worse than I expected.

Humans, eurgh.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

People are still not listening on 01:41 - Mar 23 with 2261 viewscatch74

People are still not listening on 01:10 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

Was saying this a week ago and was poked fun at for being a liberal asking for authoritarian measures.

Actually I just give a f*ck about people and could already see this happening in London. However it’s even worse than I expected.

Humans, eurgh.

This hits the nail on the head.
https://www.facebook.com/252079804817907/posts/4204060022953179/?vh=e&d=n

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

People are still not listening on 02:48 - Mar 23 with 2240 viewsSE1blue

SB

Idiocy aside, Colombia Market is crap anyway.

It’s shocking to see these images from England. In Toronto, we were asked to stay indoors for the whole weekend to give the emergency services a break and to try and slow the spread. I think this request has been followed very closely across the country. I’ve barely seen anyone outside my window and I’m downtown.

Our national parks, restaurants, pubs, theatres etc have been fully closed for at least a week even though we have less cases than the U.K.

From the restrictions being followed here, those photos blow my mind.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

People are still not listening on 07:34 - Mar 23 with 2166 viewsParky

People are still not listening on 16:18 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

I’ve just walked round Rushmere Heath, everyone stopping to leave space and let people past etc - one old boy clearly wanted a chat so we did so from 4-5m apart.

But there were a couple of families together, one of them coughing and spluttering just not doing any form of social distancing.

Personal responsibility thing, and so many people clearly take none

Families surely are allowed to walk together, especially living with each other.

I went for a late(ish) walk around Rushmere last night with my family, as we all live together, eat dinner together we walked together. - However, when passing other people, we crossed roads and distanced ourselves from others.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 7:36]
People are still not listening on 07:53 - Mar 23 with 2130 viewsgiant_stow

People are still not listening on 17:58 - Mar 22 by Radlett_blue

One detail i dont understand is how can quickly walking past someone on a busy road be dangerous? They were saying a week or so ago that you had to spend 15 mins in an infected person's close company to be at risk...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

People are still not listening on 08:15 - Mar 23 with 2115 viewsNo9

I don't think it is a case of people not listening It is more a case of ignorance & stupidity & people just being (as ever in some cases) being irresponsible

I had a phone call yesterday from someon I know & he started on this by telling me in no uncertain terms the enire problem in Italy is political - he is carrying on as normal.

You may not be surprised when I tell you he is the hardest type of brexiteer
People are still not listening on 08:26 - Mar 23 with 2099 viewsitfcjoe

People are still not listening on 07:34 - Mar 23 by Parky

Families surely are allowed to walk together, especially living with each other.

I went for a late(ish) walk around Rushmere last night with my family, as we all live together, eat dinner together we walked together. - However, when passing other people, we crossed roads and distanced ourselves from others.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 7:36]

Sorry my post wasn't clear, when I said a couple of families, I meant a couple of families together - was about 10 people so would be very surprised if all living together as had 4 or 5 dogs too

I did the same with my family as you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People are still not listening on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 2055 viewsellerblue

Unbelievable here in Germany as of last night they are not allowing more than 2 people to be together unless it is a family group or they live in the same house, possibility of a 25000 euro fine, we have been told this is the last warning before total lockdown and curfew.

Heinsberg Blue

People are still not listening on 09:27 - Mar 23 with 2037 viewsSwansea_Blue

People are still not listening on 15:54 - Mar 22 by jeera

What an @rsehole.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People are still not listening on 09:41 - Mar 23 with 2017 viewsbritbiker

People are still not listening on 16:58 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Deffo. Tomorrow I will probably strike out on foot towards Boxted church. Or failing that, Fenstead End.

Went for a lovely riverside walk with wife, dog and flask. Everyone kept their distance. Just heard Essex County Council are shutting parks today so I will prob drive out to a remote country footpath and walk but still avoid everyone.

Failing this I may have to tie the dog to a rotating washing line in the garden and follow him.
People are still not listening on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 1983 viewsGlasgowBlue

People are still not listening on 09:27 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

What an @rsehole.

He really should lose his living over that. It's all well and good being a contrarian on less serious subjects but ignoring the advice and then using your platform to encourage others to do the same is beyond irresponsible.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People are still not listening on 10:33 - Mar 23 with 1957 viewsSwansea_Blue

People are still not listening on 10:21 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

He really should lose his living over that. It's all well and good being a contrarian on less serious subjects but ignoring the advice and then using your platform to encourage others to do the same is beyond irresponsible.

Agreed. Dangerously irresponsible.

I like the comparison of Philadelphia's and St Louis' responses to Spanish Flu as an example of the effectiveness of social distancing. Philadelphia held a major parade after they knew they had cases - result 4,500 people dead within a week. St Louis introduced social distancing measure within 2 days of their first case. The difference in additional mortality rate couldn't be more stark.

https://www.wsls.com/features/2020/03/18/2-cities-handled-this-health-crisis-dif
https://www.pnas.org/content/104/18/7582

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People are still not listening on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 1931 viewsellerblue

People are still not listening on 09:14 - Mar 23 by ellerblue

Unbelievable here in Germany as of last night they are not allowing more than 2 people to be together unless it is a family group or they live in the same house, possibility of a 25000 euro fine, we have been told this is the last warning before total lockdown and curfew.

Should have clarified this ruling is in regards to social distancing etc,just got in from taking the dog for his morning walk in Neandertal park, what a difference, people actually obeying rules regarding seperation, usually see 3 old boys on the same bench enjoying a few beers, today 2 on bench seperated by distance and the other one sitting behind them on the grass at appropriate distance, usually see groups of mums walking together, not today seperate family groups keeping appropriate distance one group stops they all stop it was like watching a caterpillar, we have to cross at a set of traffic lights, no bunching waiting for green everone self distancing. I think people realise this is the last chance before lockdown, in saying that pubs,bars, clubs ,resturants, schools, childrens playparks etc are all closed only essential buisnesses open. Take care eveyone and remember a space could save your life. COYB.

Heinsberg Blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024