Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the austerity apologists... 09:38 - Mar 23 with 5339 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

..hope you aren't watching the telly this morning...nurses in bin bags...ffs!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

For the austerity apologists... on 15:03 - Mar 23 with 1679 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 13:56 - Mar 23 by portmanking

FFS, it is NOT about winning or losing right now.

The fact of the matter is that no health service on the planet is equipped to deal with such a contagious pandemic.

People's lives are well and truly on the line and we need to come together in the NATIONAL interest; not the left-wing interest....

Brief break from work....it has barely started yet and it is not as if we haven't had months to prepare. Maybe all those cuts to processes and systems have a cost after all!
As for being called smug by Blubbers well feck that has to hurt! Like I give 2 sh1ts about Corbyn....you haven't the slightest clue about me or my character you absolute......!

For the austerity apologists... on 16:27 - Mar 23 with 1641 viewsBluefish

For the austerity apologists... on 15:03 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Brief break from work....it has barely started yet and it is not as if we haven't had months to prepare. Maybe all those cuts to processes and systems have a cost after all!
As for being called smug by Blubbers well feck that has to hurt! Like I give 2 sh1ts about Corbyn....you haven't the slightest clue about me or my character you absolute......!

The good news is that was your first post in over a week that wasn't celebrating people dying. Well done

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

For the austerity apologists... on 16:52 - Mar 23 with 1614 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 16:27 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

The good news is that was your first post in over a week that wasn't celebrating people dying. Well done

You seem to be losing the plot Blubbers....deep breaths.

Edit.... I will be sure to let the 10 elderly customers of mine and Miss Slave that we are currently shopping etc for and communicating to through closed windows that we are looking forward to celebrating their imminent deaths. You pr1ck.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 17:25]

For the austerity apologists... on 17:27 - Mar 23 with 1590 viewssparks

For the austerity apologists... on 14:05 - Mar 23 by BrixtonBlue

What has 8 years ago got to do with it? Austerity didn't end 8 years ago.

Its absurd. The idea that we would have been prepared with a vast surplus of particular types of kit (some of which is probably not long life) in exactly the right places, if only there hadnt nbeen cuts, is nonsense.

As is the idea that, without austerity, all would have been fine and we would now be in a position to borrow as we are to meet the crisis.

Bankster/Squid is getting more bizarre by the day- playing down the crisis, and seeking every opportunity to make highly questionable political points about economies, capitalism and history.

Needs to stop.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

For the austerity apologists... on 17:33 - Mar 23 with 1577 viewsgiant_stow

For the austerity apologists... on 17:27 - Mar 23 by sparks

Its absurd. The idea that we would have been prepared with a vast surplus of particular types of kit (some of which is probably not long life) in exactly the right places, if only there hadnt nbeen cuts, is nonsense.

As is the idea that, without austerity, all would have been fine and we would now be in a position to borrow as we are to meet the crisis.

Bankster/Squid is getting more bizarre by the day- playing down the crisis, and seeking every opportunity to make highly questionable political points about economies, capitalism and history.

Needs to stop.

In searching for the middle-ground truth of that matter between the two extremes you mention, who could we turn to for evidence?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/02/coronavirus-just-eight-out-of-16

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For the austerity apologists... on 17:34 - Mar 23 with 1572 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 17:33 - Mar 23 by giant_stow

In searching for the middle-ground truth of that matter between the two extremes you mention, who could we turn to for evidence?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/02/coronavirus-just-eight-out-of-16

Can a national health service ever be ready for a once in a 100 year event like this? They can't have warehouses stocked for 100 years or loads of empty ICU beds all the time.

That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be better funded though, just the reality of the situation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For the austerity apologists... on 17:49 - Mar 23 with 1544 viewsgiant_stow

For the austerity apologists... on 17:34 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

Can a national health service ever be ready for a once in a 100 year event like this? They can't have warehouses stocked for 100 years or loads of empty ICU beds all the time.

That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be better funded though, just the reality of the situation.

SB

Ready or more ready?

I wouldn't expect the former, but the latter is more reasonable surely? Afterall, we know from the internal ventilator tally that we're low in the table.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

For the austerity apologists... on 17:55 - Mar 23 with 1531 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 17:49 - Mar 23 by giant_stow

Ready or more ready?

I wouldn't expect the former, but the latter is more reasonable surely? Afterall, we know from the internal ventilator tally that we're low in the table.

That wasn't the question that was asked though.

I said that doesn't mean they shouldn't be better funded - if they were then they would be more ready.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

For the austerity apologists... on 18:07 - Mar 23 with 1513 viewsBluefish

For the austerity apologists... on 16:52 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

You seem to be losing the plot Blubbers....deep breaths.

Edit.... I will be sure to let the 10 elderly customers of mine and Miss Slave that we are currently shopping etc for and communicating to through closed windows that we are looking forward to celebrating their imminent deaths. You pr1ck.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 17:25]

I'm sure they will understand it when you tell them how you won some political points on a football message board. It must all be worth it.

Your anger tells me that you have started to grasp it now but if it doesn't then just listen to the vast majority of posters when they tell you how ridiculous you look over this

For the austerity apologists... on 18:39 - Mar 23 with 1483 viewsGlasgowBlue

Needs to stop.

Spot on Bully. There are no apologists for austerity. There are people who understand that a period of austerity was needed to reduce the deficit after the global crash. Hence Labour stated that if re elected in 2010 they would impose cuts that went further than those by Thatcher in the 1980’s.

Yes austerity should have been relaxed in 2015 when the economy was in far better shape than it had been five years previously but even Corbyn’s manifesto of 2017 committed to the implementation of 70% of the proposed Tory cuts.

Again, spot on re Banksy. Every day he attempts to win internet points out of this crisis. When it’s over I hope people remember how him and a couple of others have behaved on here. It’s been nothing less than disgraceful.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

For the austerity apologists... on 18:55 - Mar 23 with 1465 viewsfooters

For the austerity apologists... on 18:39 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Spot on Bully. There are no apologists for austerity. There are people who understand that a period of austerity was needed to reduce the deficit after the global crash. Hence Labour stated that if re elected in 2010 they would impose cuts that went further than those by Thatcher in the 1980’s.

Yes austerity should have been relaxed in 2015 when the economy was in far better shape than it had been five years previously but even Corbyn’s manifesto of 2017 committed to the implementation of 70% of the proposed Tory cuts.

Again, spot on re Banksy. Every day he attempts to win internet points out of this crisis. When it’s over I hope people remember how him and a couple of others have behaved on here. It’s been nothing less than disgraceful.

A period of austerity wasn't necessary. It was a convenient Tory excuse to shrink the public sector.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:02 - Mar 23 with 1448 viewsGlasgowBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 18:55 - Mar 23 by footers

A period of austerity wasn't necessary. It was a convenient Tory excuse to shrink the public sector.

I don’t doubt that the Tories used austerity as an excuse to shrink the state but Labour were promising the same cuts so regardless of motive, a period of austerity had to happen.

We can agree to differ on this but that doesn’t excuse Banksy attempting to cash in in this crisis in here every day.

I note that you are taking a far more grown up and reasonable stance in this despite our political differences. As are quite a few others who swing to the left.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

For the austerity apologists... on 19:03 - Mar 23 with 1450 viewspeterleeblue

For the austerity apologists... on 17:34 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

SB

I would argue that we should have at least 1 or 2 Amazon sized warehouses full of protective gear though and sued as rotational stock.

I have a newly qualified doctor as a son about to be sent into the front line. Imagine what my wife is thinking right now. She is rightly petrified.

A real war time analogy.

Bizarrely he is young and cant wait to get amongst it and help. I am hugely proud of him but worried at the same time.
For the austerity apologists... on 19:06 - Mar 23 with 1442 viewsfooters

For the austerity apologists... on 19:02 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t doubt that the Tories used austerity as an excuse to shrink the state but Labour were promising the same cuts so regardless of motive, a period of austerity had to happen.

We can agree to differ on this but that doesn’t excuse Banksy attempting to cash in in this crisis in here every day.

I note that you are taking a far more grown up and reasonable stance in this despite our political differences. As are quite a few others who swing to the left.

I disagree with that Labour position and that austerity had to happen at all. But yes, let's agree to differ.

Please don't use replies to my posts in order to attack Banksy, ta. But thanks for taking notes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:07 - Mar 23 with 1438 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 18:39 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Spoken like a true apologist!

For the austerity apologists... on 19:10 - Mar 23 with 1430 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:03 - Mar 23 by peterleeblue

I would argue that we should have at least 1 or 2 Amazon sized warehouses full of protective gear though and sued as rotational stock.

I have a newly qualified doctor as a son about to be sent into the front line. Imagine what my wife is thinking right now. She is rightly petrified.

A real war time analogy.

Bizarrely he is young and cant wait to get amongst it and help. I am hugely proud of him but worried at the same time.

That would be excellent I totally agree but realistically it's a large expenditure for something that is very rarely used. People would soon start saying that it should be used for more doctors or operations. All of these views are with the benefit of hindsight.

It's not feasible to have enough gear to deal with something like this - no other country has enough gear either. All the luxury fashion brands in France are currently producing gear because they don't have enough.

Good luck to your son.

SB

For the austerity apologists... on 19:10 - Mar 23 with 1427 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Needs to stop.

Who would have thought, maybe 3 months ago, to order in some more protective gowns!

For the austerity apologists... on 19:11 - Mar 23 with 1418 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:10 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Who would have thought, maybe 3 months ago, to order in some more protective gowns!

Weren't you downplaying Covid-19 as nothing to worry about 3 months ago?

SB
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:11]

For the austerity apologists... on 19:14 - Mar 23 with 1409 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 18:07 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

I'm sure they will understand it when you tell them how you won some political points on a football message board. It must all be worth it.

Your anger tells me that you have started to grasp it now but if it doesn't then just listen to the vast majority of posters when they tell you how ridiculous you look over this

Anger....I'll text it again calmly...you pr1ck!
My anger is reserved for the state this country has been allowed to drift in the age of the "free market economy !"

For the austerity apologists... on 19:16 - Mar 23 with 1404 viewsBluefish

For the austerity apologists... on 19:14 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

My anger is reserved for the state this country has been allowed to drift in the age of the "free market economy !"

Yep that confirms it.

I look forward to your full enlightenment and you acting in a decent manner from tomorrow. We womt ask for apologies we will just be happy to not see you offending and embarrassing yourself

For the austerity apologists... on 19:17 - Mar 23 with 1396 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 19:10 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

That would be excellent I totally agree but realistically it's a large expenditure for something that is very rarely used. People would soon start saying that it should be used for more doctors or operations. All of these views are with the benefit of hindsight.

It's not feasible to have enough gear to deal with something like this - no other country has enough gear either. All the luxury fashion brands in France are currently producing gear because they don't have enough.

Good luck to your son.

SB

Come off it Stokie....masks and protective gear...small change from a QE funded, stock buy back inflated bonus!!

For the austerity apologists... on 19:18 - Mar 23 with 1394 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For the austerity apologists... on 16:27 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

Care to show me some evidence of that?
Your timing had been impeccable !

For the austerity apologists... on 19:20 - Mar 23 with 1392 viewspointofblue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:14 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

We could be in a better place than we are but I don't think any country - no matter how well they've handled healthcare in the past decade - is really in a position to handle the fallout of this.

Also dare I say a good third of the public either embraced the policy of austerity, presumably because of low taxes, or thought the opposition option was either worse. This could lead to a further cataclysmic (sp?) political, economic and social fallout once a vaccine is released.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

For the austerity apologists... on 19:23 - Mar 23 with 1382 viewsStokieBlue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:17 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Come off it Stokie....masks and protective gear...small change from a QE funded, stock buy back inflated bonus!!

You've not read what I posted or you've misunderstood it. If you've understood it then your post is misleading.

Your argument is entirely based on hindsight.

If the government said 2 years ago they were going to fill two warehouses with masks and gloves people would have complained that there were better uses for that money.

SB
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 19:24]

For the austerity apologists... on 19:26 - Mar 23 with 1373 viewsSwansea_Blue

For the austerity apologists... on 19:10 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

Good luck to your son.

SB

We’ve manage to fund Trident. I’m only playing devil’s advocate, but I f there was a will there’d be a way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024