Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out 11:25 - Mar 23 with 5772 viewsBluefish

live at the press conference for their determination to find holes to sensationalise rather than have the nation's best interests at heart.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 11:25]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:34 - Mar 23 with 3882 viewsBloomBlue

I was annoyed with the reporter at yesterday's who kept asking the same question about if someone has already been made redundant will their company contact them or should they contact the company?
If it had been me answering I would have said FFS what is this a nanny state, get off their ar$e pick up the phone and phone the company. Are we really living in a country where we have to give every adult 5 year instructions
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:38 - Mar 23 with 3848 viewshomer_123

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:34 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

I was annoyed with the reporter at yesterday's who kept asking the same question about if someone has already been made redundant will their company contact them or should they contact the company?
If it had been me answering I would have said FFS what is this a nanny state, get off their ar$e pick up the phone and phone the company. Are we really living in a country where we have to give every adult 5 year instructions

So, if people are not listening to the 'advice' but want to be treated like adults - what to do?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:40 - Mar 23 with 3825 viewsHerbivore

Heaven forbid the PM should actually be scrutinised.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:42 - Mar 23 with 3830 viewsitfcjoe

But when the message is don't visit people and he then says he is still hoping to visit his elderly Mother, or to stay in but it is important to get out and get fresh air and exercise then holes will be picked in it

Communication and leadership needs to be clear and not confusing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:45 - Mar 23 with 3796 viewsBloomBlue

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:42 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

But when the message is don't visit people and he then says he is still hoping to visit his elderly Mother, or to stay in but it is important to get out and get fresh air and exercise then holes will be picked in it

But getting fresh is good for you that's what the health people keep telling us. Boris continues to tell people if you want to go out keep your distance from anyone, it really is simple.
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:48 - Mar 23 with 3773 viewsitfcjoe

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:45 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

But getting fresh is good for you that's what the health people keep telling us. Boris continues to tell people if you want to go out keep your distance from anyone, it really is simple.

But he isn't communicating that clearly and concisely

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:49 - Mar 23 with 3769 viewsbluelagos

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:42 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Yep, the inconsistencies have been consistent.

Dont go to the pub, but pubs stay open. What exactly did he think was going to happen?

Every day he holds a press conference with a load of journos all in the same room. I doubt they are all 2m apart. He talked about doing it remotely, yet still hasnt.

And the media scrutiny on the numbers of ventilators and availability of appropriate gear for the medical teams is absolutely appropriate atm.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:50 - Mar 23 with 3754 viewsBluefish

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:40 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

Heaven forbid the PM should actually be scrutinised.

I know you struggle with the bias of it but do you think their questions are genuinely about finding a better way or scrutinising or do you think they are determined to be difficult and find a story and a panic? If they were there laying down solid research and facts fair enough but it is just looking for a headline

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:51 - Mar 23 with 3742 viewsBloomBlue

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:49 - Mar 23 by bluelagos

Yep, the inconsistencies have been consistent.

Dont go to the pub, but pubs stay open. What exactly did he think was going to happen?

Every day he holds a press conference with a load of journos all in the same room. I doubt they are all 2m apart. He talked about doing it remotely, yet still hasnt.

And the media scrutiny on the numbers of ventilators and availability of appropriate gear for the medical teams is absolutely appropriate atm.

It was the media who asked him not to do it remotely as they were concerned it could prevent them asking questions
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:52 - Mar 23 with 3740 viewshomer_123

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:48 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

What, exactly, isn't clear about self-distancing or self-isolation?

It is utterly and patently clear to see exactly what Boris and the scientific advisors are saying - if you are 'out' and you can go out, keep your distance.

It does not mean you can congregate in parks and pubs or sit next to others at picnic tables at National Trust sites.

The issue lies not with Boris and the Gov but moreover the public's inability to follow simple instructions without needing to be 'forced' to.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 11:53]

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:54 - Mar 23 with 3723 viewsflimflam

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:48 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

I understand exactly what he is putting across it just seems a good portion of our grown ups are basically ignoring his advice.

He cannot be held responsible for people being morons.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:55 - Mar 23 with 3696 viewsfooters

I can definitely see Johnson criticising Mr Murdoch and his former employers over their sensationalism.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:56 - Mar 23 with 3688 viewsBloomBlue

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Joe

At the moment I think we have 4 camps on the go in the UK, and not in any order

Those who totally understand what keep your distance is

Those who have valid concerns about the situation, NHS's ability and want to ask valid questions

Those who want to play party politics and will find a hole in anything

Those who will ignore the advice to stay indoors as they see that against their civil liberties.
I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:08 - Mar 23 with 3636 viewsNthQldITFC

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:45 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

Getting fresh with your mother! That's good for you!? What county are you from?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:10 - Mar 23 with 3618 viewsitfcjoe

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:52 - Mar 23 by homer_123

It is utterly and patently clear to see exactly what Boris and the scientific advisors are saying - if you are 'out' and you can go out, keep your distance.

It does not mean you can congregate in parks and pubs or sit next to others at picnic tables at National Trust sites.

The issue lies not with Boris and the Gov but moreover the public's inability to follow simple instructions without needing to be 'forced' to.

Ok then, what about Mother's Day - he goes out there with a clear message and waffles until you come away thinking it isn't as clear as it should be

This was part of issues I was having with Mother's Day - Mother In Law saying Boris just said the very elderly, that he was going to see his Mum, etc - that isn't right.

Be clear, be concise, don't stray off message.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:12 - Mar 23 with 3613 viewsitfcjoe

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:56 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Joe

At the moment I think we have 4 camps on the go in the UK, and not in any order

Those who totally understand what keep your distance is

Those who have valid concerns about the situation, NHS's ability and want to ask valid questions

Those who want to play party politics and will find a hole in anything

Those who will ignore the advice to stay indoors as they see that against their civil liberties.

It's not about party politics, it's those that listen to the certain part of the message they want to hear rather than the full thing - I listen to them and they generally start fine, and I know what I should be doing and making every effort to do as such - but it's not always clear

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:17 - Mar 23 with 3582 viewshomer_123

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:10 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Ok then, what about Mother's Day - he goes out there with a clear message and waffles until you come away thinking it isn't as clear as it should be

This was part of issues I was having with Mother's Day - Mother In Law saying Boris just said the very elderly, that he was going to see his Mum, etc - that isn't right.

The message was/is clear. How much clearer can it be?

He didn't say he was going to see his Mum - he said he was hoping to. Different things - on top of that - he could entirely go and 'see' her but stay a safe distance away.

This is not complicated - it's clear and simple.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:19 - Mar 23 with 3573 viewshomer_123

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:12 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

It's not about party politics, it's those that listen to the certain part of the message they want to hear rather than the full thing - I listen to them and they generally start fine, and I know what I should be doing and making every effort to do as such - but it's not always clear

Sorry Joe - it really is clear - very clear. You are wrong on this.

This information is extremely well communicated, easy to find and digest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:24 - Mar 23 with 3550 viewsLankHenners

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 11:52 - Mar 23 by homer_123

The messaging from the government has been poor, and you’re a fool if you think otherwise.

They should have drummed the message in with the same vigour and tirelessness that they put into them message they used to win the election. Instead we’ve had a few press conferences where, as already mentioned, the PM himself has appeared to not take his own advice seriously.

Without doubt there is a problem with the selfishness of the public but we had a head start on the whole thing but wasted it by wanging on about herd immunity then flip flopping on it then deciding it was a bad idea after all. The scientists and advisors couldn’t agree on the best course of action which left people confused and led them to be more blasé. Companies and organisations had to take matters into their own hands such was the lack of clarity from government. They had a chance to put a lid on things before they got out of control and blew it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:26 - Mar 23 with 3521 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:10 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Did Johnson really say he was going to see his mum? I only saw his message that people should facetime or skype.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:32 - Mar 23 with 3472 viewshomer_123

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:24 - Mar 23 by LankHenners

The messaging from the government has been poor, and you’re a fool if you think otherwise.

They should have drummed the message in with the same vigour and tirelessness that they put into them message they used to win the election. Instead we’ve had a few press conferences where, as already mentioned, the PM himself has appeared to not take his own advice seriously.

Without doubt there is a problem with the selfishness of the public but we had a head start on the whole thing but wasted it by wanging on about herd immunity then flip flopping on it then deciding it was a bad idea after all. The scientists and advisors couldn’t agree on the best course of action which left people confused and led them to be more blasé. Companies and organisations had to take matters into their own hands such was the lack of clarity from government. They had a chance to put a lid on things before they got out of control and blew it.

This is unprecedented. Yes, there was not an overall consensus among the experts (no surprise, there never is).

However, the Gov has communicated clearly what the process has been, this has improved with the daily briefings and involving the likes of Witty et al.

The tack has changed, yes, but the situation is fluid and is likely to change again - so the messaging needs to flex to allow for that.

Over the last 7 days, the communication has been crystal clear on self-isolation and social-distancing. Patently, obviously and definitively clear.

Communication around business help and support is less so but, again, I have a degree of sympathy here in that trying to put the mechanisms in place to pay 80% of peoples wages is not something you can implement overnight.

Very, very easy to pick apart and criticise but on the whole (and I am no Boris supporter or Tory) - they've done OK given the circumstances.

To sit here now and say I'm not sure what I'd supposed to be doing - is f*ck wittery of the highest order.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:32 - Mar 23 with 3467 viewsHerbivore

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:17 - Mar 23 by homer_123

The message was/is clear. How much clearer can it be?

He didn't say he was going to see his Mum - he said he was hoping to. Different things - on top of that - he could entirely go and 'see' her but stay a safe distance away.

This is not complicated - it's clear and simple.

The messaging hasn't been clear. How is him hoping to see his elderly mum not muddying the waters after he has just told people to maintain distance and said those most at risk should self isolate? It's the definition of mixed messages.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:33 - Mar 23 with 3463 viewsitfcjoe

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:19 - Mar 23 by homer_123

Compare those messages, which are clear to the press conferences given - this is the issue, there is too much scope for intepretation given

Sit down and watch the 5pm one tonight and come back to me

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:34 - Mar 23 with 3448 viewsHerbivore

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:19 - Mar 23 by homer_123

He's not wrong, you just disagree. Johnson bumbles his way through contradictory press conference after contradictory press conference. We're not talking about published advice that he's not written.

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:35 - Mar 23 with 3428 viewsHerbivore

I would love to see Boris actually call the media out on 12:26 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Did Johnson really say he was going to see his mum? I only saw his message that people should facetime or skype.

Yes, in the press conference on Friday. He said he was hoping to see her seconds after giving advice to the contrary for everyone else.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024