Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault 16:30 - Mar 23 with 1118 viewsGeoffSentence

I am not a great fan of the 'no smoke without fire' method of justice, but it seems that I am as susceptible as anyone to its subtle charms as I was surprised that he was cleared, and my surprise was based simply on the number of people who came forward.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:41 - Mar 23 with 1062 viewsRyorry

Whether innocent or guilty, he's certainly been lucky with the timing.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:47 - Mar 23 with 1042 viewsJ2BLUE

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:41 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

How so?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:55 - Mar 23 with 1008 viewsRyorry

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:47 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

How so?

Mega publicity avoided - minds on other things etc.

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:56 - Mar 23 with 1000 viewsJ2BLUE

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:55 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Mega publicity avoided - minds on other things etc.

This has been well publicised though. Followed him around for at least a year and now he's been cleared when few will hear about it.

I'd say it's bad timing for him. Plenty won't hear he's been cleared and will assume he's guilty.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:58 - Mar 23 with 993 viewsRyorry

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:56 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

This has been well publicised though. Followed him around for at least a year and now he's been cleared when few will hear about it.

I'd say it's bad timing for him. Plenty won't hear he's been cleared and will assume he's guilty.

Nothing like the coverage it would have got in normal circumstances though. There was also Brexit beforehand. I'm sure everyone will hear the outcome too.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 17:00]

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:02 - Mar 23 with 978 viewsNotSure

Didn't follow the case fully but all of the accusations just seemed to be their word against his, with no witnesses or other proof.

Although being Scotland he could have got a "Not Proven" outcome, which is still an acquittal but not a very good one.
In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 957 viewsStokieBlue

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:58 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Nothing like the coverage it would have got in normal circumstances though. There was also Brexit beforehand. I'm sure everyone will hear the outcome too.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 17:00]

Why would the level of coverage matter if he's been cleared?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:09 - Mar 23 with 944 viewsRyorry

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:06 - Mar 23 by StokieBlue

Why would the level of coverage matter if he's been cleared?

SB

All I've said was that he's been fortunate to avoid the massive coverage the whole thing would have received in other times - including kangaroo courts that start on social media, even when some's found innocent.

No need for an argument really.

Login to get fewer ads

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 907 viewsm14_blue

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:02 - Mar 23 by NotSure

Didn't follow the case fully but all of the accusations just seemed to be their word against his, with no witnesses or other proof.

Although being Scotland he could have got a "Not Proven" outcome, which is still an acquittal but not a very good one.

Think one of the allegations was found not proven.
In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:23 - Mar 23 with 895 viewsGeoffSentence

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 17:02 - Mar 23 by NotSure

Twelve charges were 'not guilty', one was 'not proven'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 18:49 - Mar 23 with 812 viewspeterleeblue

In other news - Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assault on 16:41 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

More to the point the accusers have been lucky with the timing.

AS exercising restraint and will wait until less unsettled times to detail all of the evidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024