Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May have gone round already but worth sharing 17:00 - Mar 23 with 1587 viewsSomethingBlue

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/health/coronavirus-symptoms-smell-taste.html

Exactly this happened to me just over two weeks ago and it was really weird — hadn't ever experienced anything like it and there were no accompanying symptoms other than feeling really knackered and spaced out for a few days. I'd say I'm only now starting to smell things close to normally. Might just as much have been something else but I work in a sphere where there have been positive Covid cases, including at least one person I saw that week. Will probably never know but worth bearing in mind as a potential symptom to be mindful of.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 1537 viewsRyorry

Useful, thanks.

And well done on the recovery, assuming you are!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:08 - Mar 23 with 1524 viewsSomethingBlue

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:06 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Useful, thanks.

And well done on the recovery, assuming you are!

Cheers — I am fine but very mindful of not assuming I *did* have it! Anyone else should definitely isolate properly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:45 - Mar 23 with 1460 viewsBasuco

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:08 - Mar 23 by SomethingBlue

Cheers — I am fine but very mindful of not assuming I *did* have it! Anyone else should definitely isolate properly.

A doctor on 5 live said yesterday the UK are focusing on a quick easy test to check if a person has had Corvid 19, rather than see if you currently have it, so at some point soon you should be able to find out for sure. Hope you continue your recovery.
May have gone round already but worth sharing on 19:50 - Mar 23 with 1311 viewslinhdi

This happened to me about 10 years ago. A colleague came into work with a horrible bug. After that day she was off for three weeks. I caught said bug, was off 2 weeks (it was kind of flu, but just wouldn't clear). I lost my sense of smell and taste. After about a month, I went to the GP, who confirmed that it would have been caused by the virus, and was irreversible.

He was right. I have almost zero sense of smell (I can't even smell forest fire smoke, which proved somewhat dangerous on one occasion), and my sense of taste was near zero for two years, and even now is barely 50% of what it was.
May have gone round already but worth sharing on 19:54 - Mar 23 with 1297 viewsLord_Lucan

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 17:45 - Mar 23 by Basuco

A doctor on 5 live said yesterday the UK are focusing on a quick easy test to check if a person has had Corvid 19, rather than see if you currently have it, so at some point soon you should be able to find out for sure. Hope you continue your recovery.

This is exactly what is needed, we could gather so much data from that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 10:03 - Mar 24 with 1101 viewsSamWhiteUK

It's funny - while I'm almost certain I haven't had the virus, I did have a day or two when I just couldn't smell much at all. I only really noticed when my girlfriend and I went into Lush and she was trying to choose a bath bomb. We'd been in at Christmas and the place smelled amazing, and I was able to smell them all. When we went in this time, she'd be saying "ooh, smell this, this one is good" and placing it right under my nose, but to me they all just smelled really bland!

I put it down, at the time, to them using more of their scents at Christmas during the busier period. Like I say, I'm also very mindful not to assume I've had it, but little things like this do make you wonder!
May have gone round already but worth sharing on 10:08 - Mar 24 with 1078 viewsbournemouthblue

This won't help me, I can't smell things most of the time any way

My nose is blocked almost all the time

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 10:15 - Mar 24 with 1069 viewsGeoffSentence

Oooooooooh shlt

I watched this a few months back

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1439572/

looks like it is happening

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

May have gone round already but worth sharing on 10:46 - Mar 24 with 1042 viewsDebsyAngel

I have had a cold which turned into a sinus infection since late January and my sense of smell and taste totally disappeared for a few days in February. Also got a weird thing growing on my septum, which I was meant to have an ENT appointment for, but obviously this has been cancelled.

I have had an odd smell in my nose for about 3 years now - sometimes it's like a bonfire, other times burnt plastic and other times sweet perfume. Doctors never believe me and think I imagine it. There is a condition called olfactory hallucinations I think.

Still worried I have this virus as have most of the symptoms but they never last more than a couple of hours, and could well be hormones. My anxiety and depression have never been worse and I am heartbroken that I may never see my parents again. Sorry to have strayed a bit off topic and all the best to you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024