Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not unexpected but still not great reading 17:33 - Mar 23 with 728 viewsStokieBlue

"It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach the first 100,000 cases of Covid-19, but it took only 11 days for the second 100,000 cases, and just four days for the third 100,000 cases, WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said."

Obviously that is officially recorded cases rather than isolating etc and a lot more people are getting tested.

Still a steeply increasing curve though. The numbers from just New York state alone today were shocking - nearly 6000 in one day in one state.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Not unexpected but still not great reading on 18:17 - Mar 23 with 623 viewsAce_High1

I was staggered yesterday when I saw the number of cases in New York. Half of the total in the US were in NY!
Not unexpected but still not great reading on 18:52 - Mar 23 with 562 viewsBent_double

Not unexpected but still not great reading on 18:17 - Mar 23 by Ace_High1

I was staggered yesterday when I saw the number of cases in New York. Half of the total in the US were in NY!

I know now is not the time to think about these things, but it does make you wonder what the future holds for cities of, say 5m+ people, where viruses can spread so rapidly undetected.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Not unexpected but still not great reading on 18:56 - Mar 23 with 542 viewsGuthrum

Not unexpected but still not great reading on 18:52 - Mar 23 by Bent_double

I know now is not the time to think about these things, but it does make you wonder what the future holds for cities of, say 5m+ people, where viruses can spread so rapidly undetected.

They will survive and carry on afterwards. Historically, they always do, through far worse plagues than this one. The reasons they exist (primarily economic) have always far outweighed the danger of occasional epidemics. At worst, they move, or a different city takes over primacy in a region.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024